Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Ninja Gaiden: Master Collection coming to PS4/Steam/Switch/XB1

Suicidal

Arcane
If I want to play these games with keyboard + mouse, what is the best option?

Steam Collection (KBM not supported but there is a mod)

VS.

Emulating the originals

?

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut

VS.

Emulating the originals

?
These games are "playable" on keyboard in either scenario, but it doesn't work well as far as I've tried. When working with the camera, platforming and aiming, using charge attacks and moves that are diagonal (especially at higher difficulties) it just isn't intuitive. It wasn't designed with it in mind; it asks for the precision the sticks/that control scheme can give you. For example I beat DS1 when it launched on PC with KBM, but just the same I wouldn't recommend it (even if it was much easier than I found playing NG to be).

People have managed to do it, though I can't imagine it was fun: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLexZpyU5TDptYF_TnSIfqc7Pjc2F7A6oN

Suicidal

Arcane

VS.

Emulating the originals

?
These games are "playable" on keyboard in either scenario, but it doesn't work well as far as I've tried. When working with the camera, platforming and aiming, using charge attacks and moves that are diagonal (especially at higher difficulties) it just isn't intuitive. It wasn't designed with it in mind; it asks for the precision the sticks/that control scheme can give you. For example I beat DS1 when it launched on PC with KBM, but just the same I wouldn't recommend it (even if it was much easier than I found playing NG to be).

People have managed to do it, though I can't imagine it was fun: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLexZpyU5TDptYF_TnSIfqc7Pjc2F7A6oN
What about the mouse? Can you configure the xbox emulator to use it?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Has anyone tried this NGS2 Black mod for the PC version of NGS2? I wonder how the experience compares to the original NG2 on x360?

Also has anyone played the PS Vita versions?

Also WTF is this doing in the JRPG subforum?

Also it seems like every version of NG1 and 2 is inferior to the others in some stupid way, and I won't be content until I play every single one of them and decide for myself which one I like the best. Why did they do this?..

Last edited:

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Has anyone tried this NGS2 Black mod for the PC version of NGS2? I wonder how the experience compares to the original NG2 on x360?

Also it seems like every version of NG1 and 2 is inferior to the others in some stupid way, and I won't be content until I play every single one of them and decide for myself which one I like the best. Why did they do this?..
The NG2 black mod is currently the best way to play NG2. I'd argue it's better than base NG2 in a few ways. Unfortunately Xenia ran in slow mo last time I tried it on the Venice levels.

Spike

Educated

The NG2 black mod is currently the best way to play NG2. I'd argue it's better than base NG2 in a few ways. Unfortunately Xenia ran in slow mo last time I tried it on the Venice levels.
Interesting. Doesn't the mod work with Sigma Steam?
EDIT: Also, how is it better than vaniller NG2?

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter

Interesting. Doesn't the mod work with Sigma Steam?
EDIT: Also, how is it better than vaniller NG2?
https://www.reddit.com/r/ninjagaide...s2_black_mod_somewhat_comparable_to_original/

It's better in some ways because vanilla NG2 has some godawful truly garbage sections. And game's better with those removed even though the replacements are hit/miss. Plus auto aim on bows is a god send.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom