Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Note of the outskirts - blobber by Cryptrat

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
This fucking room drives me mad. I finally almost understood how it works, turning its openings counter-clockwise. Great work.
VvFbsRjK_o.png

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I wanted several times to go up or down without making a step to and fro staircase. When you are declining to ascend, for example, to check for hidden doors. I remember that in some game, probably M&M, early Wizardries or Wasteland, you just pressed "look" to use stairs without moving. It were just an empty musings, until I found that thingy.
8VxxjpBn_o.png

I'm surrounded by a pitfalls there. I could use a rope to descend, of course, but I wonder if it was intended that I can't go back?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
No, it's not really intended.

It's possibly it's the only place in the game where it's critical, and there was even an hidden door there for a long time (I checked if it was there or not before answering) partially because of that.

However I never thought that I could use the Look command, thanks, I'll do that and release a version later today, in case you don't have a save just before that and want to get back.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
No, it's not really intended.
It's possibly it's the only place in the game where it's critical, and there was even an hidden door there for a long time (I checked if it was there or not before answering) partially because of that.
However I never thought that I could use the Look command, thanks,
You are welcome. Just don't forget to make it check surroundings first, I've found two of three pitfalls there by LOOKing.
I'll do that and release a version later today, in case you don't have a save just before that and want to get back.
I can descend and brave the waters, all is fine.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Just don't forget to make it check surroundings first, I've found two of three pitfalls there by LOOKing.
Good point, in fact what I really must do instead is see why (actually I kind of know why but it must change) stairs don't work like other events which are opened again when you visit your inventory or reload a save on the tile etcera (even if you left those).

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
...and I returned from level 0's perilous lake. Ethereal beasts are, hm, beasts. That was a very fun journey. I died probably fifty times.
So, I killed a bunch of thorn beasts and lo and behold, got a nice message about how much XP and credits I earned. It was because thorn beasts didn't have loot. Pretty please, give such message to all other encounters too. As I see, you are probably doing ClearScreen that deletes message log after/before the loot screen. Maybe add again that message after the loot screen...
Hm, BTW, when you are pressing Esc several times (going to party screen), messages scroll up. Look into it, maybe there is something similar here.

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Yes, exactly like the stairs part above (that I have not dared touching yet :)) you're clearly pointing out very messy parts of the code which are infinitely harder to modify than they should because they deserve a total rework. :negative:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I found the Great Corridor of first level. It's marvelous, it's really marvelous. It's authentic M&M (and indeed Dragon Wars) vibe, when you could find anything just by carefully examining your starting surroundings. Just like that secret door in M&M2's inn or secret wall in To the Hell with Guns' shop.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Rations and some other items don't stack properly.
I bought 5 rations as stack and tried to move them to and fro. Sometimes they splitted, sometimes not. That's all my rations on one character. As you see, these items are identical.
Code:
<items xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="otherInventoryItemImplementation" currentAmmo="0" patternKey="RATIONS" state="INTACT" stock="5"/>
<items xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="otherInventoryItemImplementation" currentAmmo="0" patternKey="RATIONS" state="INTACT" stock="1"/>
<items xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:type="otherInventoryItemImplementation" currentAmmo="0" patternKey="RATIONS" state="INTACT" stock="1"/>

EDIT: And now they stack! FFS! Will test more.
EDIT2: And now they are not! :x
EDIT3: Ho-ho!
I want to split it, split it!
V9KhpRqt_t.png

So, to make items unstackable, you just need to move them one by one. For example, let's take character 1, he has the ration and another ration in his inventory. If we move to him just one ration, he will have RATIONS/RATIONS/RATIONS. If we would moved two rations instead, his inventory would be RATIONS (3)/RATION

Last edited:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Thanks, got it, when the character has exactly one piece of stackable and trade it to another characater then it does indeed not stack. It will work in next version.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I've switched damage of EMP grenades from 2D20 (and of pulse cannons from ~2D10 depending on the attack) to 1D50. The variance suffers a bit (the robots with their resistance to pulses of 0 have about half a chance to take one more dice of damage in which case the risk to make very low damage is highly lowered) but it makes the Technophobe feat more relevant.

Talking about the Technophobe feat, I think I'll increase just a bit the power of some feats (not the other way around, don't worry). Technophobe may as well always add one damage dice, what I didn't take into account when balancing is how you don't care that much about defeating roamming robots compared to roamming humans. Confusion can probably be added to the sleep status change of Hunter (confusion because it's a mental status change, which animals are weak against).

Unstoppable is probably too weak, and if the damage reduction of Survivalist and Resistant can't be reduced because it would be worse to take a normal hit than a critical hit these feats can probably reduce the risk to get a status change in that case.

Coward is probably not really adapted to the enemies you face in the game, I think I can safely reduce the distance by one distance unit.

Finally Single-handed is a bit weak, I guess, but I'm not certain of what to do, rerolling 1,2,3 or such is not as elegant as rerolling critical failures (1).

I think I'm going to release this and some bug fixes before Saturday (yes, that means tomorrow).

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Also, I forgot, you can jump over frail walls, which you should not, it won't be possible anymore.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I got a 9mm[0] item several times. You check and correctly remove empty ammo item after manual reloading, but forgot to make similar check after end of combat's auto-reloading.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Let's go with that for now but I'll try to fix the stairs thing for the next version because it can indeed be annoying.
V1.0.13 released

Fixes :
- The sword attack of the Pistolsword used ammunition while its pistol attack did not, instead of the opposite way. This was fixed.
- Trying to delete the last entry of the log used to delete the previous one instead. This was fixed.
- When a character owned a single stackable item and traded it to another character it did not stack inside the target's inventory. This was fixed.
- Trading items between characters directly in a shop could lead to an item having no price. This was fixed.
- The text of the Unstoppable feat said that damage lower or equal to 2 is cancelled while damage lower or equal to 3 is cancelled.
- A (x0) quantity of ammunition could stay in the inventory after reloading at the end of a fight. This was fixed.
- The Empty all weapons command had to be pressed twice. This was fixed.
- It was possible to jump over a frail wall, which was unintended and was fixed.
- Various text fixes.

Changes :
- The damage of EMP grenades was changed to 1D50 so that critical hits and the technophobe feat are more relevant.
- The damage of pulse cannons was increased.
- The stat previously called MAX RANGE, which is based on the character's perception and is the distance up to which targetting an enemy won't give a malus to chances to hit, can now be identified by (UP TO xxM) after the chances to hit.
Some feat were made more powerful :
- The technophobe feat now always gives one more damage dice against robots.
- The hunter feat can now also confuse the animals.
- The Survivalist, Resistant and Covered feat now increase resistance to afflictions.
- The Coward feats now gives a bonus against enemies from 50m instead of 60m.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
The single rations your characters have in their inventory should stack when you give them to another character.

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Mapping out the maze that is the constant up and down of floor 3+2: Navigating the icy grounds, force arrows en masse throwing you off, usage of speed boots/gravity boots to circumvent pits and traps, treasures and secrets galore, realizing you can melt the ice with the laser rifle.

UNSCALABLE INCLINE
incline.png
incline.png
incline.png

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Mapping out the maze that is the constant up and down of floor 3+2: Navigating the icy grounds, force arrows en masse throwing you off, usage of speed boots/gravity boots to circumvent pits and traps, treasures and secrets galore, realizing you can melt the ice with the laser rifle.

UNSCALABLE INCLINE
Maps are really brilliant. I especially like that due to ice and pits, in some parts you effectively have two separate mazes in one place.
BTW, that Blue Pass drives me mad. I'm sure that it's on first level, but I was in almost every cell of it. Probably missed it, I just found two EMP grenades in the E letter where I traveled many times.

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
You can't extinguish a last fire square if you are standing right on it. The game checks one square forward, but don't checks if it placed diagonally or under the party.
That's important in one corner of lava lake due to transporter squares.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Yes, thanks, I fixed some instances for the very last version but, although' I've no idea how, I missed as many other instances.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
1x1 squares maze on the last floor. 50,40,0. Does teleport in this square should work only if you are facing north?
I can travel west to east, but face north (and press Esc) or come from the south and poof!
EDIT: Well, looks like it is! Damn, that's clever, especially with a treasure trove of 15 heavy bombs below.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1x1 squares maze on the last floor. 50,40,0. Does teleport in this square should work only if you are facing north?
I can travel west to east, but face north (and press Esc) or come from the south and poof!
Ah yes, this stuff. I still haven't figured out what the hell is up with that. It's screwed up my mapping big time, since I had assumed that facing didn't matter.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I still haven't figured out what the hell is up with that.
It teleports you below (like a pit), but only if you are facing north. There is a small room below that can be bashed open as well with a very strong character. So, that's again _two_ ways of reaching treasure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom