Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Note of the outskirts - blobber by Cryptrat

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I still haven't figured out what the hell is up with that.
It teleports you below (like a pit), but only if you are facing north. There is a small room below that can be bashed open as well with a very strong character. So, that's again _two_ ways of reaching treasure.
Well, that's disconcerting. I wonder what else I may have missed by entering a tile from the wrong direction.

(Also, it teleports you up, not down. You had me thinking I'd missed a whole floor!)

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I'm still only on floor 3+2, this game is closer to 40 hours than the 10 advertised lol.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
(Also, it teleports you up, not down. You had me thinking I'd missed a whole floor!)
Indeed, it's very misleading. You are falling down into pits to find yourself on the upper level.
I'm still only on floor 3+2, this game is closer to 40 hours than the 10 advertised lol.
Yep, I'm playing it since early January and still not finished.
CryptRat
forbideenarea=Forbideen area. Enter at your own risk.
Forbidden.

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Strange Fellow
EO3g0M5E_o.png
BTW, have you found a secret room here? Great place, eh? I especially liked that the way to it was here all along, even without the speed boots.

Last edited:

Watser

Arcane
Yeah I found that one, before I realized you can zoomzoom past teleporters with the speedboots.

Watser

Arcane
speed boots? u wot m8

At least tell me if the legit entrance has to do with the messages or not.
There's a pair of speedboots from one of the fixed encounters I think I found them? You can dash to instantly appear at the wall you are facing with 15(?) charges.
The entrance is behind a frail wall.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well shit, I've had speed boots all along and never thought to test what they do. Now I feel stupid. On the plus side, there's a fuckload of teleporters I can now get past, so :dealwithit:

Watser

Arcane
The wide range of different items and their interactivity with the dungeon is definitely one of the highlights of the game.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
CryptRat
When you are using fire extinguisher and laser rifle without a reason, characters say that it's senseless, but charges are still deducted. Is it intentional? I understand when you are trying to jump into the wall and burn charges of gravity boots, but with laser rifle it's strange.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
No, it's not intentional, it's just that's it's a mess with a total lack of standardization, indeed often supported by misleading messages. I need to harmonise at some point, I think using no charge when the item can't do anything is always fine.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Strange Fellow
rWYOtneD_o.png
Have you checked this area?
Maybe I'm a slowpoke, but I'm meticulous slowpoke.
EDIT: Well, there are TWO disconnected secret areas here.
EDIT2: You counted your pits wrong.

Last edited:

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I have found a second secret shop on the ice level. It has Disarm Tools that are empty. As I understood after seeing their code, they should be a limited charge item like fire extinguishers. Not only sold tools don't have any charge, they are not equipable, despite being in EquipableToolsDatabase.class. At least after giving them several charges, I tested them and they work from the inventory.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
You're right, first the disarm tools from this shop (disarm tools from a travelling merchant would work) are not equippable while they should (because I kept outdated stuff) and secondly items which are not equippable don't get their charges when created (even if it also seems there's no such item with charge but that you can't equip in the game, normally), disarm tools should have 10. I'll fix this.

Watser

Arcane
I just found out how massive of an impact encumbrance has on the party performance, no wonder my damage had come to a crippling halt
wtfamireading.png

Made a mule character, will have to be much more careful with how much stuff I am hauling around from now on. Goes to show no stat can be truly dumped even if it's a highly specialized character, great stuff!

Some text fixes:
Devorer should be Devourer. In the flavor text 'A bio-weapon which plays with the life of its enemies as much as its user's'. User's should be either user or user, depending on whether you refer to the current wielder or all the past wielders.
Radgun flavour text: 'Quite piercing rifles', I dont know if you have caught all the plural form of the nouns, they are still quite plentiful in the current version. The standard attack is also irradiates when it reads like it should be in irradiate.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
When you are in the inn, pressing P makes you repair armor and changes to the previous character at the same time.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
That room with regenerating traps in the SW corner of level 4 is a pure, unadulterated evil.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
After seeing such minatory and malevolent evil of malicious proportions (and because I mapped 95% of this level), I wrote a small tool. Well, I missed a lot of frail walls. I feel myself retarded. My tool is such a mess, that I can't even feel myself spoilered. :M
jYUPE17Q_o.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom