Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So there is a double whammy on loot this league. Unique droprate nerfs and GGG made an undocumented change to item quant and rarity.

wut ? they openly stated that uniques will not be dropping as much anymore. It is right in trailer.

Why don't you read GGGs post? This isn't about the unique drop rate nerf, this is an additional nerf to Item Quant and Rarity on top of that.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So there is a double whammy on loot this league. Unique droprate nerfs and GGG made an undocumented change to item quant and rarity.

wut ? they openly stated that uniques will not be dropping as much anymore. It is right in trailer.

Why don't you read GGGs post? This isn't about the unique drop rate nerf, this is an additional nerf to Item Quant and Rarity on top of that.

"The second reason is that we removed a massive historic bonus to item quantity and/or rarity that applied to some league-specific monsters. We replaced it with a moderate (2-3x) increase to item quantity, to offset the fact that they often have more life than regular monsters and some cannot drop maps."

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Also funny: we wanted to reduce clicks in harvest, so we made them drop more batched.
Or they could have made lifeforce autopickup like expedition materials...

Explains why there is fuck all build enabling uniques on trade. Also somewhat hilarious GGG knew there would be massive backlash so didn't bother to document the change.
Yeah, same with harvest recipes apparently being gutted (I haven't confirmed myself). And apparently the lifeforce drops are so tiny outside of high tier maps that you can barely interact with it anyway. I knew there was something fishy with just buying crafts without having them drop.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The harvest changes were just phase 2 of the grand plan to kill it off for good.

Make it shitter and shitter and then remove it entirely.

My prediction in 2-3 leagues time:

Harvest will be removed and all the harvest nodes on the atlas tree will probably be replaced with Kalandra nodes. The Harvest boss fight will probably be kept purely as another endgame encounter and as a source of the harvest uniques.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
The corrupted currency from scourge league are also useless

This one I find more baffling than anything else, aren't they going to remove the whole linking thing in POE2, why hang so strongly to mechanic you are going to remove?
I wouldn't be surprised if you told me GGG is run by AI.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

Peachcurl

Arcane

"The second reason is that we removed a massive historic bonus to item quantity and/or rarity that applied to some league-specific monsters. We replaced it with a moderate (2-3x) increase to item quantity, to offset the fact that they often have more life than regular monsters and some cannot drop maps."
This is only documenting it _after_ the complaints tho?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
According to POE DB these bonuses were generally around the 1200% mark.
I missed this first read. Removing 1200% bonus and replacing it with 200%-300%, and then they wonder why loot feels bad. And the new bonus is only quant instead of quant+rare.

Mandatory hard mode :M
probably be replaced with Kalandra nodes.
It seems people are pretty negative on Kalandra so far though. I guess this can change with time, especially if they increase the drops.

Reina

Arcane
Oh boy, and here I was running around during the weekend, thinking how meager my loot is, especially compared to a pretty generous Sentinel League. I guess I chose the wrong time to return to PoE. At least this time I went with meta-and-not-that-gear-dependent RF Inq build, so at least my playthrough wasn't pure suffering.

The Kalandra Lake mechanic though is total ass, there's no way around it no matter how much they buff loot and other crap. If there's one thing that PoE offers in superb quantities, it's a myriad of ways to unt for (crappy) loot. Why would anyone choose what's basically crappy side-mapping when they have access to all those previous league mechanics? GGG must be really homing for PoE2 at this point.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
TIL that you can boost quality on unidentified armours and weapons to get more chaos...
That would be helpful in older leagues... and maybe in the future when some good league happen, preferably with better build variety that don't require obscene investment to not die like a snowflake in the toilet.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
I hadn't even thought about the double slam on build variety this league.

Not only are a ton of builds nerfed to the ground, it's super hard to start any build that required a moderately expensive unique.

A herald spider build now requires about 1500c chaos investment to get started (Assuming fang + aegis). Previous leagues you could get that started for 2-3 ex depending on how popular Aegis was that league.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
The Kalandra Lake mechanic though is total ass, there's no way around it no matter how much they buff loot and other crap.
Yeah, I tend to agree so far. It feels like less rewarding alva missions, that are also harder. I guess in theory you might get some good mirrored rings, but so far all the ones I got were completely unusable in both forms.

Speaking of meagre loot, I'm in act 6 and still using 2 blue rings. Usually I'd just buy some two-stones from the vendor and alc, but I only found 2 alcs so far and the one I slammed produced a worthless result.

Lightning conduit deals a lot of damage though, which is carrying me so far.

Peachcurl

Arcane
According to POE DB these bonuses were generally around the 1200% mark.
I missed this first read. Removing 1200% bonus and replacing it with 200%-300%, and then they wonder why loot feels bad. And the new bonus is only quant instead of quant+rare.
I guess their excuse is that it is only "some league-specific monsters" that were affected. But either this is untrue, or else "some league-specific monsters" is a significant part of the monsters you meet ingame.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Empyrian quit. I've never much cared for the guy, but he's one of the biggest whales so it'll be funny to see the GGG damage control.

Perkel

Arcane
doing no crafting, no shop run now, true melee with ranger.
currently in sarn with mostly blues.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
  • The overall result of this change is that rare and magic monsters with one Archnemesis modifier have unchanged life on average. Rare monsters with two or three modifiers have 15% less life on average, and Rare monsters with four modifiers have unchanged life on average.
I don't think 15% less life only for 2-3 mods is what anyone asked for :M

Feels like they're in full panic mode.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
A lot of people suspect the loot changes were far more severe than they actually intended due to all the complex interactions.

There is a good chance they have no idea why things are as bad as they are and are scrabbling around to find a cause. GGG often goes into radio silence when they are in full panic mode.

Streamers quitting is much more effective than reddit bitching in forcing change.

Perkel

Arcane
I don't know about you buy i just found juicy magic dagger with 3 sockets in color i need, +30% to phys damaga AND 30 to mana. I am happy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom