Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Baron Dupek

Arcane
TIL that you can boost quality on unidentified armours and weapons to get more chaos...
Are you actually clicking 20 times on each rare just to get 1 extra chaos from the recipe?
This is the case of knowledge that would help me in the past, but now - not so much, if at all...
Back then when I've used this recipe my A4tech mouse had special key that repeats clicks, which is good and slow enough to not log you out, like with the mouse scrolls.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I finally gave up trying to use Galvanic Field, if there is a way to make it good I don't know how.
In theory, having a 4slot galvanic field will give you quite a big boost against lots of bosses since you only have to cast it once every 10s. It might only do 50k deeps, but that's 500k damage for a 0.5s cast, pretty good. In practice I don't have enough buttons or gem slots.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm actually having a fair amount of success with a lightning strike raider this league. I've just managed to get my dps up to about 1m with a few upgrades and it's ploughing through T15/T16 maps without too many issues.

That said I still want to switch to something else. LS always feels a bit clunky to me.

Also I really need to start levelling my heist rogues, but I fucking hate the process.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finally gave up trying to use Galvanic Field, if there is a way to make it good I don't know how.
In theory, having a 4slot galvanic field will give you quite a big boost against lots of bosses since you only have to cast it once every 10s. It might only do 50k deeps, but that's 500k damage for a 0.5s cast, pretty good. In practice I don't have enough buttons or gem slots.
It lasts 6s, and 4 link is bad. Also does not work in combination with shock skill used for Lightning Conduit. For LC you need something like orb of Storm or some other skills that automatically casts on enemy and casts fast because you want to use your full cast speed for Lightning Conduit for max deeps. Galvanic ignores all that and it needs just one strong shock, this is why I used Shock Nova as it let me apply 75% shock to targets. Also when you start spamming Lightning condruit you don't want to stop that to recast Galvanic. If you are going to stop, it is to change position.
What I need to do now is either get a staff so I can also 6L my Orb of Storm (so it shocks better) or find some of the influenced gear that gives you supports for slotted in gems so I can get a kind of 6L for it.
I need to figure out if there is a staff for non crit lighting build that would be better than using two high damage wand like I do now.

I was also thinking of using Storm Brand instead of Orb of Storms but it has worse base damage (so even weaker shock) and it casts slower so your LC will attack slower.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
TIL that you can boost quality on unidentified armours and weapons to get more chaos...
Are you actually clicking 20 times on each rare just to get 1 extra chaos from the recipe?
This is the case of knowledge that would help me in the past, but now - not so much, if at all...
Back then when I've used this recipe my A4tech mouse had special key that repeats clicks, which is good and slow enough to not log you out, like with the mouse scrolls.
Ok, so you press your macro and hold the mouse on the item for 5-10 seconds. Then you move to the next item and wait again. Do this for every piece in the chaos recipe, so 9 times, so around 1 minute or more. Is the time and the tedious process really worth the 1 chaos to you? Not to mention the 160 Armourer's Scraps and 20 Whetstones? You can sell 150 Armourer's Scraps for 1 Chaos on Standard right now.

Yeah. I rated his last post participation award, suddenly 3 of my posts before of that got negative ratings. Hilarious :D
:D I assure you the ratings I gave out were based on the content of the posts, not on any perceived spite on your end.

LS always feels a bit clunky to me.
Are you using +1-2 Strike Targets Implicit on your Gloves, 2+ Pierce for Projectiles and Vaal Lightning Strike? LS is already the best Strike skill in the game and if you don't like that, you might as well re-roll into a different archetype altogether.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, so you press your macro and hold the mouse on the item for 5-10 seconds. Then you move to the next item and wait again. Do this for every piece in the chaos recipe, so 9 times, so around 1 minute or more. Is the time and the tedious process really worth the 1 chaos to you? Not to mention the 160 Armourer's Scraps and 20 Whetstones? You can sell 150 Armourer's Scraps for 1 Chaos on Standard right now.

Yeah. I rated his last post participation award, suddenly 3 of my posts before of that got negative ratings. Hilarious :D
:D I assure you the ratings I gave out were based on the content of the posts, not on any perceived spite on your end.

LS always feels a bit clunky to me.
Are you using +1-2 Strike Targets Implicit on your Gloves, 2+ Pierce for Projectiles and Vaal Lightning Strike? LS is already the best Strike skill in the game and if you don't like that, you might as well re-roll into a different archetype altogether.
If you are doing unidentified quality chaos recipe that is 3c . And that is only Chaos recipe worth doing. I pick up rares with quality I find and put them all in one in stash tab. When I fill it I can do 4 recipe for 12c and move on. It does not take that much time. Certainly more reward than this league that barely drops anything.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yep got strike on gloves and pierce on helmet and vaal LS. I just don't much like the playstyle.

If I keep playing this league I'll reroll as soon as I've got the currency to switch to something else.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I was also thinking of using Storm Brand instead of Orb of Storms but it has worse base damage (so even weaker shock) and it casts slower so your LC will attack slower.
Storm brand has better range though, and doesn't need to be recast as often as it can jump. And can be cast on the other side of the screen. Not sure about duration. Does the orb of storm proc from LC cast apply the shock before the LC hits? Pretty shit if it doesn't.

I don't trust shock against high hp targets(which is when you most need the damage), so I use the elementalist guaranteed shock, and can completely ignore damage on my storm brand (unbound ailments, culling, inc duration).
It lasts 6s, and 4 link is bad.
Fair enough, it's still a good dps boost if you can afford the slots. Cast it while the boss is doing some iddq phase or something, or before popping the essence stack.

GGG also posted about some fixes going up today. Lots of increases to item rarity, marginal increases to item quantity, seems like it will probably still be less drops than before, but hard to say.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
GGG also posted about some fixes going up today. Lots of increases to item rarity, marginal increases to item quantity, seems like it will probably still be less drops than before, but hard to say.

The assumption is it's still just a marginal increase to the current numbers so still approx an 85% nerf in many cases. The true patch notes will hopefully clear things up (assuming they elaborate further).

Baron Dupek

Arcane
4668.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Storm brand has better range though, and doesn't need to be recast as often as it can jump. And can be cast on the other side of the screen. Not sure about duration. Does the orb of storm proc from LC cast apply the shock before the LC hits? Pretty shit if it doesn't.

I don't trust shock against high hp targets(which is when you most need the damage), so I use the elementalist guaranteed shock, and can completely ignore damage on my storm brand (unbound ailments, culling, inc duration).
It lasts 6s, and 4 link is bad.
Fair enough, it's still a good dps boost if you can afford the slots. Cast it while the boss is doing some iddq phase or something, or before popping the essence stack.

Sure elementalist applies shock easier but I am pretty sure dies more often in the game. At lvl 87 I got 3400 life and 3300 ES, 100% suppression (with 63% reduced spell damage) and 78% evasion vs attacks, super fast ES regen, ES leech and even chaos res is at 38% (and Trickster abilitiy gives me back 10% of life, mana and ES per killed enemy making me unkillable while there is stuff to kill). And I still die here and there if I miss potion rotation or don't move out of danger ground in time. I cannot imagine how this stuff will work with Witch, especially since LC asks you to stand your ground and spam until they die.
And yes it does activate Orb of Storms so after each cast of LC, Orb of Storms automatically applies new Shock so you can again use LC. Storm Brand is slower. For elementalist I would use Storm Brand with Galvanizing field so you can be completely mobile while attacks do their thing. Or it would work in some kind of totem +LC combination.

For Elementalist I think you should try Hydrosphere, it applies automatic exposure in addition to shocking.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I cannot imagine how this stuff will work with Witch, especially since LC asks you to stand your ground and spam until they die.
We'll see. I am going for armor and primal aegis, plus some golems, because I don't understand suppression and it scares me.

Hydrosphere is an interesting suggestion. I'll try it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I joined this league because GGG promised me hard rares that drop lots of loot. Also better uniques. While doing story I had 1 unique drop that was useless like always. Then during mapping I had hardly any. Then before they buffed their drop rates I did lots of Heists and they dropped a lot there lol but all still useless (In D2 when a unique dropped during leveling there was a good chance it was better than whatever else you had in that slot at that time unless unique was a weapon).
As for general loot, I did get new hard rares (sometimes crazy hard) but no loot from them unless you love collecting magic potions. Best I got from a rare was 3 6s weapons that I could sell for whoping 21 jews.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Archnemesis defensive mods quite heavily nerfed.
Removing the +10% maximum resists is going to be pretty big I think, a lot of the rest seems a bit meh. Archnemesis enemies having 75% ele resist most of the time instead if 85% is pretty huge, but I still think they'll hit 75% almost all the time as soon as there's 2+ defensive mods?

The loot post will be interesting. They'll either double down or cave.
My expectation: They're going to go quite deep on some unforeseen technical issue that made loot worse than expected, and that they now have fixed, and be a bit apologetic about it, especially in how it made people feel betrayed about communication. But loot will still be worse than in previous leagues, even after fixes have been deployed. Not much worse perhaps, but worse.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Removing the +10% maximum resists is going to be pretty big I think, a lot of the rest seems a bit meh. Archnemesis enemies having 75% ele resist most of the time instead if 85% is pretty huge, but I still think they'll hit 75% almost all the time as soon as there's 2+ defensive mods?

That should happen less often as they've removed most of the stacking ele res defensives. I.e. a mob who gets both flame weaver and incendiary no long gets maxed fire res for instance.

Peachcurl

Arcane
Archnemesis defensive mods quite heavily nerfed. Apparently a bigger post about loot changes coming either today or tomorrow according to Bex on twitter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/wx4jkk/nerfing_defensive_archnemesis_modifiers/

The loot post will be interesting. They'll either double down or cave.
Can't really double down after already buffing the loot rate in the patch yesterday. Question is, will they tell us why the loot rates were as bad as they were?

• Map Bosses now drop fewer items, but of substantially better rarity, resulting in more unique items being found from Map Bosses.
  • Globally increased the base drop rate of unique items by 33%.
  • Globally increased the base drop rate of currency items by 25%.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3298509

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Can't really double down after already buffing the loot rate in the patch yesterday. Question is, will they tell us why the loot rates were as bad as they were?

Potential outcomes:

1. A manifesto style post telling us that loot is fine and everyone is wrong.
2. Loot changes reverted, blamed on "bug".
3. Loot changes reverted, Chris falls on his knees and goes full begging forgiveness mode. We'll never do this again, we will listen to community etc (for the 9000th time).
4. Loot changes partially reverted, the anchor negotiation strategy, they'll probably be nerfed to the same level in a future league if this is the case.

Considering the sheer hatred of the changes, I think 1 is unlikely in this instance. I think a combination of 2 and 4 is the most likely.

There will be another loot buff/partial revert of the nerf, probably blamed on a bug/technical issue and they'll try to sneak the nerfs back in over time.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
It's partly on retard streamers and their shitty little cliques making up ea sports like "competitive" environment, last league was exactly the same but a few patches and recombulators made people forget that archnem was leaking-brain-from-the-nose tier change that made the game a whole lot worse, now it's archnem plus fuck your loot because anyone complaining would be talked out of criticism after week 2.
People make fun of reddit complaining, but ggg deserves nothing else.

Perkel

Arcane
If anything they shouldn't listen to "community" and just do what they want to do. If they listened to "community" back in 2010 POE wouldn't even be made.

I guess this is the curse of GASS. Random nobodies deciding for your designers what is better for game.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They should also limit the mod mixing so you don't get hasted destroyers with mana siphon or hp messing garbage.

Gerrard

Arcane
How many times does it make now when GGG makes some retarded changes and then immediately caves in to community backlash? How can anyone think this is a good dev at this point?

abija

Prophet
If anything they shouldn't listen to "community" and just do what they want to do. If they listened to "community" back in 2010 POE wouldn't even be made.

I guess this is the curse of GASS. Random nobodies deciding for your designers what is better for game.
If you don't realize how great the PoE community has been you are way more retarded than I ever imagined.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom