Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If anything they shouldn't listen to "community" and just do what they want to do. If they listened to "community" back in 2010 POE wouldn't even be made.

I guess this is the curse of GASS. Random nobodies deciding for your designers what is better for game.
If you don't realize how great the PoE community has been you are way more retarded than I ever imagined.

Perkel is one of the Chris vision masochists who wants to spend 30 mins fighting a rare mob to get a tiny upgrade.

Personally I don't mind, but I wish such people would just be content with their own gamemode rather than trying to force that vision on everyone else.

Perkel

Arcane
If anything they shouldn't listen to "community" and just do what they want to do. If they listened to "community" back in 2010 POE wouldn't even be made.

I guess this is the curse of GASS. Random nobodies deciding for your designers what is better for game.
If you don't realize how great the PoE community has been you are way more retarded than I ever imagined.

Same community that wants MedianXL instead of D2.

Same community that goes completely apeshit when GGG tries to notch down a bit powercreep. Remember mana changes and this "community" going apeshit ? They just introduced actual cost in mana for trigger spells because they were effectively free to cast with triggers and suddenly everyone behaved like they shat on their launch.

The "community" doesn't want to play game. They want to get rewards and if GGG would introduce straight corridors instead of random maps that would be "HUUUUGE" improvement by them.

For "community" the best expansion is when loot piniata is greater and it doesn't matter what GGG does gameplay wise.

Same community that wants hand casting to be a thing and yet doesn't understand that hand casting is broken because of autotrigger spells and they have to be nuked from orbit for hand casting to exist.

Same community that pretty much gave up on actual melee aka one of the most popular things to do in ARPGS because they absolutely can't imagine slowing down game.

At this point GGG could release new expansion called "FUCK ALL" but it will have straight corridors instead of maps, with every mob dying on touch with 10 times loot at end of it and the "community" will coom hailing it as best expansion.

GGG might got bought by chinese but the community are actual souless chinese.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I hope with POE 2 GGG realizes they can't join both and will divide game into two. Let people decide what they want to play. Zoomers can stay in POE1 while people who want actual game can go to POE2.

When you base your entire monetization plan on microtransactions you bow to the will of the whales. You should have always known it would be a "community" designed compromise-fest.

By all means, extract what fun you can, but your fun is not the point. It never was.

Perkel

Arcane
When you base your entire monetization plan on microtransactions you bow to the will of the whales. You should have always known it would be a "community" designed compromise-fest.

By all means, extract what fun you can, but your fun is not the point. It never was.

Imho they should just go and sell POE2 for 60$. They are not anymore some unknown studio for new zeland with unknown game.

Hmmm now that i think about it POE awfully remind me of Warframe trainwreck and how it went to shit.

abija

Prophet
Same community that wants MedianXL instead of D2.

Same community that goes completely apeshit when GGG tries to notch down a bit powercreep. Remember mana changes and this "community" going apeshit ? They just introduced actual cost in mana for trigger spells because they were effectively free to cast with triggers and suddenly everyone behaved like they shat on their launch.

The "community" doesn't want to play game. They want to get rewards and if GGG would introduce straight corridors instead of random maps that would be "HUUUUGE" improvement by them.

For "community" the best expansion is when loot piniata is greater and it doesn't matter what GGG does gameplay wise.

You project some retarded ideas on what other players want.

Same community that wants hand casting to be a thing and yet doesn't understand that hand casting is broken because of autotrigger spells and they have to be nuked from orbit for hand casting to exist.

Same community that pretty much gave up on actual melee aka one of the most popular things to do in ARPGS because they absolutely can't imagine slowing down game.

Blaming players for GGG failing hard at their job. Fuck off retard.

And worst of all, you forget that the community stuck with them while they had barely any content and were refusing to implement proper netcode, threw money at them, built tools to make their fucking mess playable, gave tons of great feedback and have insane knowledge of the game despite the devs promoting obscurity and having a shitty "we know better than you attitude".

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope with POE 2 GGG realizes they can't join both and will divide game into two. Let people decide what they want to play. Zoomers can stay in POE1 while people who want actual game can go to POE2.

You realise they will be the same game right? POE2 is literally just an engine update + new campaign. It isn't a distinct title.

Perkel

Arcane
You realise they will be the same game right? POE2 is literally just an engine update + new campaign. It isn't a distinct title.

In theory yes but if you read what GGG wrote on it they wanted to rework POE from ground up. Starting with sockets and following on it with other stuff. The changes community cries on every patch is precisely sort of direction they wanted to go with POE2.

But from looks it seems "community" doesn't really want POE2. At least what GGG wants it to be.

abija

Prophet
All you know about PoE 2 is that shitty demo gameplay. And if you wanna compare to that, they should also slow down the enemies, increase the event timers, increase loot quality significantly and decrease the amount of maps you have to complete.

They love to talk and Chris rambles about his vision, but what they implement has nothing to do with that. Pretty much all they introduce in the game require doubling down on zoom zoom to progress. Meanwhile they throw nerfs around as if top .00001% are representative of gameplay experience.

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
GGG wrote on it they wanted to rework POE from ground up
Which is a lie, they worked nothing from the ground up. They socketed in rearranged monsters stats into a system not even they themselves understand.

And if you wanna compare to that, they should also slow down the enemies, increase the event timers, increase loot quality significantly and decrease the amount of maps you have to complete.
This is how you build it from the ground up, deflate both player and monster attack and defenses to 0, gut everything, it's either this or you keep shifting the handles around like they did for years which worked well enough I guess.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Also apparently the AN mods giving people 50 divine orbs?

There is a tool that shows you the AN mods in a map when you enter it. So people are using that tool and spamming maps till the right combo of mods appear to farm currency explosions.

So the new lottery ticket approach to loot that Chris favours has already been exploited into the ground a few days into the league.

Edit: Keep spamming ratings GGG shill, it doesn't change the reality.

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Pretty big of Chris to admit to such big mistakes and to take full responsibility (even though it probably wasn't his fuckup). Can't imagine any other Exec of a big game to do the same, with the exception of Yoshi P. Too bad it's only going to give the schizos on reddit an ego boost. Maybe he does it because he trusts that there is a large silent majority who believe in him. Regardless, I'm pretty content as I wasn't ever affected by the rarity change and never noticed any nerfs. If anything, I'm getting more loot now from just alch and go. The only thing that bummed me out was the Lake and while it feels better now, it's still underwhelming. I just want more of the reflecting mist to appear, so I can get my rings for the Self Curse Trickster build.

Harvest did get buffed again, but it's more like putting a fast motor on a wheelchair. It's certainly usable again and with the 4-mod fracture pretty strong in cases like Cluster Jews, but it's never going to be the same without the keep prefix/suffix and reforge much more likely crafts. At least it doesn't interrupt mapping as much as it used to.

The nerfs to Archnem are good, but chaos and phys builds will probably still feel far better against Archnem than single element hit builds.

I'm in t16s now and I'm really getting tired of mapping with Lightning Conduit. As soon as I get another decent 6-link, I'm re-rolling Boneshatter or Occultist Blade Vortex.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Pretty big of Chris to admit to such big mistakes and to take full responsibility (even though it probably wasn't his fuckup). Can't imagine any other Exec of a big game to do the same, with the exception of Yoshi P. Too bad it's only going to give the schizos on reddit an ego boost. Maybe he does it because he trusts that there is a large silent majority who believe in him. Regardless, I'm pretty content as I wasn't ever affected by the rarity change and never noticed any nerfs. If anything, I'm getting more loot now from just alch and go. The only thing that bummed me out was the Lake and while it feels better now, it's still underwhelming. I just want more of the reflecting mist to appear, so I can get my rings for the Self Curse Trickster build.

Harvest did get buffed again, but it's more like putting a fast motor on a wheelchair. It's certainly usable again and with the 4-mod fracture pretty strong in cases like Cluster Jews, but it's never going to be the same without the keep prefix/suffix and reforge much more likely crafts. At least it doesn't interrupt mapping as much as it used to.

The nerfs to Archnem are good, but chaos and phys builds will probably still feel far better against Archnem than single element hit builds.

I'm in t16s now and I'm really getting tired of mapping with Lightning Conduit. As soon as I get another decent 6-link, I'm re-rolling Boneshatter or Occultist Blade Vortex.
This time I have to agree with this resident GGG shill.
In addition I miss low level Harvest mods like giving Quality to your gems, I used that a lot.

I am not even sure what I am supposed to be using them on now as a non-crafter. Giving alternate quality values to spellcaster weapons seems only useful thing but cost is such I can do that once for my last weapon which kills Harvest use while leveling and filling Atlas. This is first time I took zero Atlas nodes for Harvest.
I also know I am no longer playing non casters as Harvest crafting was my main way to make good physical weapons and it took a lot of spsmming on 2-3 weapons to get something good.

I have switched full to Heist and Expedition this league as those are not nerfed yet. Also trying to get sanctified fossils to craft my 6l sadist garb.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So Chris went with the manifesto explaining why everyone is wrong and also tried to beg forgiveness at the same time.
Yeah, I got a big "we're not reverting anything more than the we already did. Sorry you don't like it and that we didn't communicate it better".

I haven't played much this week so I still can't comment on how impactful the reverts they made are.

Chris mentioning lottery ticket winners really strikes me as weird. I think he just genuinely likes astronomically low odds of high payouts? I hope for his sake he's not spending all his salary on lottery tickets irl.

Pretty big of Chris to admit to such big mistakes and to take full responsibility (even though it probably wasn't his fuckup). Can't imagine any other Exec of a big game to do the same, with the exception of Yoshi P
I mean, it is nice of him, but it's really not that exceptional. He is the CEO, chief visioneer and game designer. He could try and cushion it a bit by shifting it to anonymous people or workflow issues, but ultimately those are his faults as well since he's responsible for hiring and company culture.

I don't think I've ever seen a ceo go "nope, not my fault, but I'll have you know I sacked the people responsible".

Peachcurl

Arcane
The next mistake we made was related to item culling. I am pretty sure I spoke about this on a podcast at some stage, but a while ago we introduced a system that culls some percentage of irrelevant normal and magic items before the items drop, in higher-level areas. These are items that would almost certainly be filtered out by almost any item filter, and are almost never picked up. The intention is to reduce clutter substantially without actually affecting any items a player would pick up. We have been gradually raising this culling value over time as we try to find a sweet spot that has the best performance impact with no gameplay impact. To be clear, this system doesn't affect things like rare items, currency, maps, etc. A few weeks before Lake of Kalandra launched, we raised the rate again. This means that if you're counting the raw number of irrelevant equipment items on the ground, some of the reduction is due to this harmless culling system rather than actual drop nerfs.

Interesting. Maybe a bug in that culling system would explain why drops were so low. Because everything else I see doesn't explain to me, why the drop rates felt so different, and I mean in comparison to most leagues I played recently (I didn't do Archnemesis). If that is the case, they didn't fix the bug, but tried to fix the symptoms with the recent drop rate buffs. Which means this will probably have some sort of relapse down the line.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
p3af98qoy1k91.png

Perkel

Arcane
Interesting. Maybe a bug in that culling system would explain why drops were so low. Because everything else I see doesn't explain to me, why the drop rates felt so different, and I mean in comparison to most leagues I played recently (I didn't do Archnemesis). If that is the case, they didn't fix the bug, but tried to fix the symptoms with the recent drop rate buffs. Which means this will probably have some sort of relapse down the line.

The drops are so "low" because people got used to juicing the fuck out of everything so that white mobs would drop stuff along with 10 or 100s of rares/uniques in parties. Something which no normal player did aside from slight juicing.

Now instead they moved most of important loot to rares and unique enemies and they lowered their spawn rate by factor of 2/3. Moreover amount of mods on those exponentially increases amount of loot generated and since they are harder you get Fight tough fight get a lot of loot mechanic instead of fight hordes of trash monsters get a lot of loot.

So juicing is a lot worse than just playing game normally and juicing stuff a little. AS the amount of rarity/quantity from juicing pales in comparison to mods stacking you normally get from playing high tier content.

Also personal item rarity and quantity got much more important.

Much needed change in POE for a looong fucking while.

I wish though archnemesis mods were better because they do indeed suck. Instead of creating some creative mods like on some of them like that one creating icewalls instead they went just with mostly numbers and statuses which is gay. Moreover magic monsters also have them so rare monsters aren't really that rare.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Week 1 over:

Not much to show for. Progress has been slow due to less than OP build and me still being in shit gear. Also I didn't play all of Friday, because I was busy watching all of the pathofmeth getting banned drama. It is glorious to see the community unite behind such a worthy cause.

atlas_completion_progress.png

characters_week_1.png

I mean, it is nice of him, but it's really not that exceptional.
Name me one other game company exec except Yoshi P to do that.
He wasn't referring to the culling affecting the drops you would show on your filter, he was referring to that clip from Jungroan, where he defeated some high difficulty boss in Lake of Kalandra and only 3-4 items showed up when he pressed ALT. Previously there would be much more trash on the floor (which Jungroan was expecting), but the culling removed most of it.

ArchAngel

Arcane

The drops are so "low" because people got used to juicing the fuck out of everything so that white mobs would drop stuff along with 10 or 100s of rares/uniques in parties. Something which no normal player did aside from slight juicing.

Now instead they moved most of important loot to rares and unique enemies and they lowered their spawn rate by factor of 2/3. Moreover amount of mods on those exponentially increases amount of loot generated and since they are harder you get Fight tough fight get a lot of loot mechanic instead of fight hordes of trash monsters get a lot of loot.

So juicing is a lot worse than just playing game normally and juicing stuff a little. AS the amount of rarity/quantity from juicing pales in comparison to mods stacking you normally get from playing high tier content.

Also personal item rarity and quantity got much more important.

Much needed change in POE for a looong fucking while.

I wish though archnemesis mods were better because they do indeed suck. Instead of creating some creative mods like on some of them like that one creating icewalls instead they went just with mostly numbers and statuses which is gay. Moreover magic monsters also have them so rare monsters aren't really that rare.
Rares drop shit. I got most of my currency from Heist chests. As far as I am concerned this might as well have been Heist league as that is where I spent most of my time and it is stupid.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Yes, and I'm suspecting there's a bug in that system :>
The culling system has been in the game for multiple leagues now. If it causes issues with drops, it should have caused them earlier. The drops are reduced by design because of the Beyond change and the change to Uniques. Less Uniques to vendor = less Alchemy Orbs. People are just too dumb to realize that, plus Empyrian did the video where they dropped "no loot" so all the imbeciles fell into mass hysteria.

Had there been no Empyrian video, the redditors would just be doing their routine "I can't sustain my maps" and "The Nets are taking our Alchemy drops away" spiel.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Finished the 10th act and still have an itch to play more aRPG goodness, so I uninstalled PoE and installed Grim Dawn. I must say PoE is a good 90-hour game for not having to pay for anything

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Lightning Mirages spawned by monsters with the Storm Strider modifier now spawn a short distance away from the player, instead of right on top of them. Monsters with this modifier now have a 2 second global cooldown for Triggering a Lightning Mirage when Hit (previously 0.75 second), and Lightning Mirages now have a 1 second cooldown until they can use their explosive skill (previously 2 seconds).
about fucking time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom