Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Gerrard

Arcane
yeah imho they shouldn't post any manifestos, just let people discover stuff as they play.

I would go further than that. I would introduce X factor to skill equation. So depending on player certain skills could go from -50% to +50% worse/better. That factor would be completely random based on account and reset each league start.
Yeah, so you could have retards like Kjaska gaslight you by saying the problem is you and not the game until enough people actually confirm the game is fucked, something that LITERALLY happened with the loot nerf this league.

somerandomdude

Learned
I just checked the reviews on steam, and the butthurt is real, and it seems to be players of all levels who take issue with this league.

But the general summary seems to be: Worse drops, worse crafting, mobs that randomly show up and instagib you who have dramatically overtuned stats, I.E. a super champ mob.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
But the general summary seems to be: Worse drops, worse crafting, mobs that randomly show up and instagib you who have dramatically overtuned stats, I.E. a super champ mob.
Tbh, poe always had issues along these lines. The last few patches have just made the cup run over and created a critical mass that became self sustaining, at least for a while.

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah, so you could have retards like Kjaska gaslight you by saying the problem is you and not the game until enough people actually confirm the game is fucked, something that LITERALLY happened with the loot nerf this league.

No, so that meta wouldn't exist. Can't create meta when stats vary widely. Some people will have their necros strong, some Divine Ire and so on.

somerandomdude

Learned
One of the biggest reasons I quit playing PoE, is because they're constantly at war with melee builds. I happen to enjoy playing melee builds, but if the mobs are soo overturned that they just shred melee to bits, then playing melee becomes masochistic. Those that have managed to make them work require extremely good equipment. The last few PoE leagues that I actually played (it's been awhile), it was summoner/minion/totem builds. To actually enjoy playing a melee build in an ARPG, I gotta go play a game like Grim Dawn. Last time I played something that wasn't a minion/totem build was a very long time ago back when "Cast on Crit" builds were really strong, it was very fast clear speed, and could be scaled down and created on a budget. But, it wasn't melee.

The last time melee felt good and strong was in the last beta league, where I ran a facebreaker mitts build, went with an aegis shield and used bringer of rain. Stacked like 7 auras, and could pretty much face tank whatever I wanted, and would intentionally park in the middle of packs so I could turn them all into a huge explosion of meat chunks.

Last edited:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
So admirable they disclosed 3 days into the launch a change reported less than 10 mins into the league by the standard players.
Lol standard players. Also: nobody noticed because they were busy playing the game. Also: that's why everybody reacted with "old news" when Chris mentioned it, right? Oh wait.

The first notion of loot being nerfed came into the community at large was when Empy's video started circulating and the streamers started picking it up.

If damage control and manipulating the customer was a priority over being honest, Chris wouldn't have mentioned it. They fuck with drop rates all the time without disclosing any specifics.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
nobody noticed because they were busy playing the game.
What's the point of this revisionist history when this happened a month ago? At least wait a while before trying to pull this bullshit.
There were posts everywhere including here and even your Lord and Savior Chris Wilson said that players reported lower drops in the post talking about the historic bonus nerfs, 3 days after the release. You know what else happened in that same Monday? Empy's video that you claim was the first time the community at large heard of these nerfs.
Interestingly, even though you were "busy playing the game" you noticed it as well and talked about it in this thread, but tried to downplay it. But I know that if I quote it you'll try to twist your own words so I'll save myself the headache.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Meanwhile I am now in red maps and still haven't been able to get the tablet abilities filled out because I keep not rolling move entrance, making it impossible to create 8+ difficulty zones.

Also the dots are getting crazy. Even with 500 life regen per second I am taking massive damage from random ignites and phys degen.

Starting to get really tired of this league, so I think the time to call it quits and migrate to trade to buy a few challenge completions (trialmaster, level 26 gem, special labs?) is coming up.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
a whole 770 upvotes, wau. So basically only the true redditors(like you?) saw it. Empyrian had 10x the impact and it carried into the community at large. And even after Empy's vid most players wouldn't have noticed the effects of the historic quant/rarity nerf, since most players don't start juicing on day3 of the league.

special labs
Have you actually ever done them? If phys dots are an issue for you, those labs will 100% kill you.

Meanwhile I am now in red maps and still haven't been able to get the tablet abilities filled out because I keep not rolling move entrance, making it impossible to create 8+ difficulty zones.
You need at least 4x5 tablet base and you should exile any t0 fire/ice/lightning/phys tiles ASAP to maximize your chances of getting more of the special tiles. Also consider using the swap reflection option whenever it shows up to prolong the tries to complete for the tablet in order to increase your chances of getting it.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Have you actually ever done them? If phys dots are an issue for you, those labs will 100% kill you.
Nope! But normal endgame lab was trivial so I was assuming they would be fairly easy as well :M

You need at least 4x5 tablet base and you should exile any t0 fire/ice/lightning/phys tiles ASAP to maximize your chances of getting more of the special tiles. Also consider using the swap reflection option whenever it shows up to prolong the tries to complete for the tablet in order to increase your chances of getting it.
I am doing this, but I only have 1 exile. I was hitting "move entrance" every tablet while leveling, but since going to maps it just refuses to show up.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Nope! But normal endgame lab was trivial so I was assuming they would be fairly easy as well
Tribute and Gift have 30% increased trap damage and Dedication hast 80% increased trap damage. If you're on SC, you can test it for yourself, but on HC I wouldn't unless you're confident in your sustain, mitigation, movement speed and the ability to navigate the trap sections with actual precision instead of just speed running through them like one does in the lesser labs. Minor Pantheon of Ralakesh and at least 2 life flasks are recommended. I would also try for the Darkshrines in hopes of landing regen/speed shrine or reduced damage from traps.

abija

Prophet
a whole 770 upvotes, wau. So basically only the true redditors(like you?) saw it. Empyrian had 10x the impact and it carried into the community at large. And even after Empy's vid most players wouldn't have noticed the effects of the historic quant/rarity nerf, since most players don't start juicing on day3 of the league.
It was front page on poe reddit shortly after league launch and GGG are (or were until Chris pretended to go emo) more active there than on their own forums.

And you are beyond full of shit. It was super obvious the first time you cleared an incursion, even while leveling. Let me guess nobody clears incursions anyway right? Let's all bow to master Chris for being so merciful and letting us peasants know of the delicate changes they made.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
It was super obvious the first time you cleared an incursion, even while leveling.
Who the fuck clears an incursion while leveling? You are an actual redditor, holy shit.

Let's all bow to master Chris for being so merciful and letting us peasants know of the delicate changes they made.
I can't imagine you and people like you ever having the capacity to express anything but negativity towards GGG at this point.

It was super obvious the first time you cleared an incursion, even while leveling.
Who the fuck clears an incursion while leveling? You are an actual redditor, holy shit.

Let's all bow to master Chris for being so merciful and letting us peasants know of the delicate changes they made.
I can't imagine you and people like you ever having the capacity to express anything but negativity towards GGG at this point.
It's nice to get the balance to your ridiculous constant cock slurping simp fests though. Holy shit I hope you get paid to shill so fucking shamelessly.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Imagine trying to have fun and do content you enjoy while leveling.

Now imagine looking down on people who play the game to have fun.

somerandomdude

Learned

Also the dots are getting crazy. Even with 500 life regen per second I am taking massive damage from random ignites and phys degen.

Starting to get really tired of this league, so I think the time to call it quits and migrate to trade to buy a few challenge completions (trialmaster, level 26 gem, special labs?) is coming up.

Bro, 500 life regen ain't shit. One of my old necro-summoner builds had like 1200ish, and it wasn't even a tank, and I did not have super good gear either. I wore tabula rasa all the way to 96 that league.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
It's nice to get the balance to your ridiculous constant cock slurping simp fests though. Holy shit I hope you get paid to shill so fucking shamelessly.
What fucking balance are you talking about? Before I came into this thread it was just a Haters Anonymous circle-jerk in here with most of you niggers not even playing the game. Instead you recycle outdated info and reddit takes. Jaedar and Perkel are the only two guys whom I've seen post about their actual experiences in the game.

Imagine trying to have fun and do content you enjoy while leveling.
If you're doing incursions for fun during leveling, would you notice any disparity in loot? From one league launch to the next with 3 months inbetween? I seriously doubt it. And even if you did notice a reduction in drops in Incursions during campaig, would it matter?

Now imagine looking down on people who play the game to have fun.
I would never do such a thing.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Bro, 500 life regen ain't shit.
I think it is pretty decent! It's like 10% of my hp per second.

If you're doing incursions for fun during leveling, would you notice any disparity in loot?
Yes.
And even if you did notice a reduction in drops in Incursions during campaig, would it matter?
Yes.

One of the most notable things about incursion is the loot fountain at the end. If the loot fountain goes from a dozen rares to 3, you are going to notice and it is going to impact your enjoyment of the content.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
As someone looking to get into the game, it's very confusing to have friends complain to me that GGG are compromising on their vision, while I can read others complain it's becoming more hardcore. Are both somehow true, or what's the deal?

Just play the main 10-chapter campaign and don't bother with any of the post-game stuff and you're fine, you can basically ignore everything other people say, don't think too much about fucking up your build as those 10 chapters allow you to make errors and not get stuck with a suboptimal build (decidedly different from the post-game).

Delphik

The whole GGG forcing their vision or whatever I doubt was intentional, Chris probably knows in order to get someone addicted to the game you have to give them good loot every once in a while, I really believe they fucked up unintentionally by removing that loot quantity on league monsters, but they can't revert the change because
1-It would make them look weak and would show they would compromise the game if enough people are angry.
2-They probably have every single capable developer on PoE2
But I don't really blame people if they think this change was intentional with tinfoil hats and other funny ideas, I think the loot issue will be fixed next league.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Bro, 500 life regen ain't shit.
I think it is pretty decent! It's like 10% of my hp per second.

If you're doing incursions for fun during leveling, would you notice any disparity in loot?
Yes.
And even if you did notice a reduction in drops in Incursions during campaig, would it matter?
Yes.

One of the most notable things about incursion is the loot fountain at the end. If the loot fountain goes from a dozen rares to 3, you are going to notice and it is going to impact your enjoyment of the content.
I doubt you ever had 12 rares drop from a single incursion in acts. Do you actually do Alva while leveling or are you just talking out of your ass here? Even before this league I never had Alva drop much unless I was full juicing.

Just play the main 10-chapter campaign and don't bother with any of the post-game stuff
That's retarded advice. Not only does the campaign comprise less than 10% of the content PoE has on offer, it is also some the weakest in terms of quality.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
That's retarded advice. Not only does the campaign comprise less than 10% of the content PoE has on offer, it is also some the weakest in terms of quality.

I actually would have said play only chapter 1-5 as chapter 6-10 are basically the same with a new coat of story painted over it and by the end of chapter 5 you've seen everything substantial the game has to offer. Everything afterward is just procedural generated maps with the same enemies types where the numbers go higher, gameplay also becomes a Rorschach picture, so the only unique content are some bosses and story bits you are better off watching on youtube

Post-game is for autists and retards like you, so obviously your mileage may vary, but normal people should stop after chapter 10

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I doubt you ever had 12 rares drop from a single incursion in acts. Do you actually do Alva while leveling or are you just talking out of your ass here? Even before this league I never had Alva drop much unless I was full juicing.
It's been a while since I did Alva while levelling, but I do seem to recall getting half to full circles of unfiltered drops even during acts. That's maybe not quite 12 rares though, as unfiltred drops include things like currency and the occassional 4L white. No idea how much it gives now.

Not only does the campaign comprise less than 10% of the content PoE has on offer, it is also some the weakest in terms of quality.
This really depends on what you are after. During first 5 acts there is a high chance you are constantly changing your skill setup as you level and unlock new active and support gems, and new auras and so on. There's also a fairly grounded and consistent tone and atmosphere. After act5 your build cements more and more as you just run the same gems but with higher numbers, and the story and worldbuilding take up progressively less space in favor of pure killing. Ie this:
I actually would have said play only chapter 1-5 as chapter 6-10 are basically the same with a new coat of story painted over it and by the end of chapter 5 you've seen everything substantial the game has to offer. Everything afterward is just procedural generated maps with the same enemies types where the number go higher.
is a valid opinion.
Post-game is for autists and retards
This is a bit rude however :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom