Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Grauken

Codex made me Woke
Patron
This is a bit rude however :(
I always reply in the same tone I get answered, you're polite so I say if you enjoy the post-game content more power to you

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I just checked the reviews on steam, and the butthurt is real, and it seems to be players of all levels who take issue with this league.

But the general summary seems to be: Worse drops, worse crafting, mobs that randomly show up and instagib you who have dramatically overtuned stats, I.E. a super champ mob.
I made a very tanky build this time and I still get randomly killed if I lose concentration for 1s.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So admirable they disclosed 3 days into the launch a change reported less than 10 mins into the league by the standard players.
Lol standard players. Also: nobody noticed because they were busy playing the game. Also: that's why everybody reacted with "old news" when Chris mentioned it, right? Oh wait.

The first notion of loot being nerfed came into the community at large was when Empy's video started circulating and the streamers started picking it up.

If damage control and manipulating the customer was a priority over being honest, Chris wouldn't have mentioned it. They fuck with drop rates all the time without disclosing any specifics.
Damn, can you shill harder? I think you need a plant tag. How much is GGG paying you for all this shilling?

ArchAngel

Arcane
That's retarded advice. Not only does the campaign comprise less than 10% of the content PoE has on offer, it is also some the weakest in terms of quality.

I actually would have said play only chapter 1-5 as chapter 6-10 are basically the same with a new coat of story painted over it and by the end of chapter 5 you've seen everything substantial the game has to offer. Everything afterward is just procedural generated maps with the same enemies types where the numbers go higher, gameplay also becomes a Rorschach picture, so the only unique content are some bosses and story bits you are better off watching on youtube

Post-game is for autists and retards like you, so obviously your mileage may vary, but normal people should stop after chapter 10
Post-game is for people that enjoy building characters, it is just pure grind with no story/events of importance.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Post-game is for autists and retards like you, so obviously your mileage may vary, but normal people should stop after chapter 10
Look at this nigger talking about what "normal" people should be doing. On the Codex.

Everything afterward is just procedural generated maps with the same enemies types where the numbers go higher, gameplay also becomes a Rorschach picture, so the only unique content are some bosses and story bits you are better off watching on youtube
Probably one of the most retarded takes I've seen here in a while. It's not too surprising, since it's coming from a nigger who plays PoE for the campaign. But it's still very retarded.

is a valid opinion.
It's a retarded opinion.

Fiddling with your gem setup is one of the most frustrating things to do in PoE. It's so shit that GGG is going for a full rework of the gem system to remove said fiddling. And to compare it to the end game where you have so much choice of content to run and how to run and even fully respeccing your character into a completely different build, if you have the Regret Orbs on hand.

Yeah, lets tell a new player to quit in Act 5 and never experience an Expedition Logbook, a Grand Heist, a Delve City, a Blight-ravaged Map, the Syndicate, the Alva Temple, the Maven and Friends because "it's all just reskinned mobs, dude". How can you defend dumb shit like this?

Grauken

Codex made me Woke
Patron
4480577ab28d984ab539b805f55c2410--book-jacket-the-ojays.jpg

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
yellow pig man explains an interesting exploit

I haven't played this since 2017, I just like reading what new retarded bullshit they've done to the game and hearing autists screech. I've considered jumping back in to see the new campaign stuff occasionally. Anyway, this video amuses me not only because somehow they're still not doing basic value checks in 2022, but that the guy says that this clearly unintended - and potentially server-crashing - issue will be "nerfed" rather than fixed, as if it was just mistakenly made too strong or something. I haven't played enough attention to the game to tell if that's just how PoE players use that word or what, but it sounds funny.

To me the best part of the game is when you have access to all the skill gems, because you can actually do the build you were planning. Then it's fun playing that build and making it stronger. Act 1 and 2 are generally boring, because you're using the same few shitty skills you always do before you get to what you actually want to use.

I always play ssf so I guess if you're into the trading shit i can see that extending the fun as you continue to fine tune your build, but who wants to deal with other people in your monster exploding power fantasy?

Gerrard

Arcane
As someone looking to get into the game, it's very confusing to have friends complain to me that GGG are compromising on their vision, while I can read others complain it's becoming more hardcore. Are both somehow true, or what's the deal?

Just play the main 10-chapter campaign and don't bother with any of the post-game stuff and you're fine, you can basically ignore everything other people say, don't think too much about fucking up your build as those 10 chapters allow you to make errors and not get stuck with a suboptimal build (decidedly different from the post-game).
Bro, even playing the campaign with shitty skills feels like pulling teeth.
And by "shitty skills" I mean like 95% of skills in the game.

tritosine2k

Erudite
As someone looking to get into the game, it's very confusing to have friends complain to me that GGG are compromising on their vision, while I can read others complain it's becoming more hardcore. Are both somehow true, or what's the deal?

Just play the main 10-chapter campaign and don't bother with any of the post-game stuff and you're fine, you can basically ignore everything other people say, don't think too much about fucking up your build as those 10 chapters allow you to make errors and not get stuck with a suboptimal build (decidedly different from the post-game).
I never leveled with tabula
monkey spectres were good leveling and fell off a cliff in maps even without nerfs, so wtf, now I wont touch the game because attentive leveling is not my style also barely had new ideas how to replace. Now I have but its late. Maybe some new unique buffs can work but spending 4c in act 4 so you can be sloppy with nonmeta build is bit extreme measure for my taste while most just get tabula for much more.

rip bro
Stygian_Silverback.png

Grauken

Codex made me Woke
Patron

It was fun enough for me and I managed to try out a nice variety of skills with moderate success though at some point I switched to certain things and stuck with them to the end. Overall it's fun if repetitive, but that's the name of the genre so I didn't mind. Beyond chapter 10 though it became boring

somerandomdude

Learned
I just checked the reviews on steam, and the butthurt is real, and it seems to be players of all levels who take issue with this league.

But the general summary seems to be: Worse drops, worse crafting, mobs that randomly show up and instagib you who have dramatically overtuned stats, I.E. a super champ mob.
I made a very tanky build this time and I still get randomly killed if I lose concentration for 1s.

That's not tanky, that's a glass cannon. Maybe everything's a glass cannon these days, I wouldn't know? That's sorta why I ran minion based builds in like the last 3 leagues I played, because melee just didn't work anymore.

Tanky in this game used to be I could literally walk away from the keyboard for 5 minutes when surrounded by mobs, and come back and still be at full HP. The only thing that could kill this build was a crapload of stacked ground DoTs and taking burst damage on top of that.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane

That's not tanky, that's a glass cannon. Maybe everything's a glass cannon these days, I wouldn't know? That's sorta why I ran minion based builds in like the last 3 leagues I played, because melee just didn't work anymore.

Tanky in this game used to be I could literally walk away from the keyboard for 5 minutes when surrounded by mobs, and come back and still be at full HP. The only thing that could kill this build was a crapload of stacked ground DoTs and taking burst damage on top of that.
I don't think many such builds exist anymore unless you also don't do any damage. Also there is a big difference between tanky and unkillable. Tanky is a build that can take damage without dying and whose gameplay is not based around kill them very fast before they get to attack.
This Life/ES Trickster could actually stay still and survive attacks from enemies, I could even tank bosses without doing anything that use magical attacks and do no chaos damage.
But few times per map I would run into so much incoming damage that if I didn't decide to move away from that spot it was death and usually I had only 1s time to decide to stay still or move.
And since this is 2 spell self cast build moving is always irritating as I need to cast two spells to start killing again and you are vulnerable in that time as I am not leeching.

Lazing Dirk

Arcane
negative duration values weren't possible before this patch.

And the fact that it's even possible in the code at all is funny to me. This isn't like "Oh we made a typo and this skill is doing 2% extra damage per level instead of 1%" territory, or even, "The damage is 2^n per level damage instead of 2n", this is more, "We forgot to check if this skill was actually off cooldown before letting you use it"-level nonsense, and then saying that the fixing of such a bug is a "nerf" is extra funny on top.

Ba'al

Scholar
Seems like hard mode is finally ready, I wonder if this will be an apology league?

Perkel

Arcane
I just heard about some Ruthless mode.
IS there any info on it ? I am out of the loop.
edit: nvm foundit

Fuck yes finally hard mode coming with significant changes to how game is played.
Losers can stay in normal league playing zoomer garbage while people who care can play ruthless.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I just heard about some Ruthless mode.

IS there any info on it ? I am out of the loop.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3318226

"Hard Mode" News
Last year, we indicated that we were working on an additional optional game mode for Path of Exile, codenamed "Hard Mode". We're proud to announce its official name: Ruthless.

Ruthless is an additional character creation flag alongside Hardcore and Solo Self-Found that allows you to opt-in to extreme item scarcity and various other changes. In early November, we're planning to announce full information about what Ruthless involves and will kick off its Alpha testing phase. We expect to release the mode to all players alongside the 3.20 expansion. For clarity, this mode is entirely supplementary to the 3.20 expansion and doesn't affect the scope of the new league and features we'll be announcing on our livestream.

As the name implies, Ruthless is quite a different experience to regular Path of Exile and is designed for a specific type of player. We don't expect it to appeal to everyone, but if you're interested, you'll be able to sign up for the Alpha test in November and may be invited in one of the waves of players that we seek feedback from prior to its official launch. Note that the Ruthless Alpha test will be the current version of 3.19, not the upcoming 3.20 which has its own alpha test on the regular alpha server. Please don't directly request access to either alpha test, as we can't add people that way.

tl;dr Rarer items and probably harder monsters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom