Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

jungl

Augur
Scaled fist. make sure to grab trip feat when it available and the trip style strike. Use Enlarge person strength, dex gear and fury fall by level 12 your a giant MMA nigger that trips everything that can be tripped for free and does 5-7 attacks upwards to mid 40s. Its pretty sad when tripping more reliable cc then spells. Fighting devourer or demons. Great combo with rogue. Dispel a defaced sister trip her with monk or ekuns dog thats like -4 ac. Then nok nok rogue ability that further lowers her ac.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Does Two-Handed feats affect a 1h weapon held with nothing in the offhand? Like if I focus on Scimitars but wield it 2-handed do I get bonuses there to further maximize its crits?

Yosharian

Arcane
Important question - is bite ....finesseable? :D
...actually does it work with that monk flurry thingy?

Edit: Also that level 3 rogue feat (weapon finesse) has both claws and bite on the list.
In Pathfinder, natural attacks and unarmed strike are completely separate and do not interact with each other. The Monk's Flurry of Blows ability works with:
any combination of unarmed strikes and attacks with a monk special weapon

It doesn't work with natural attacks.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Yeah, but how it is supposed to work and how it actually works can be two diferent things in PK. And flurry is on the bug list.
Natural attacks has never worked with Monk Flurry. Only Unarmed Strikes and Monk weapons do.

However, you can always tack on natural attacks as secondary attacks after your routine at -5 to hit for the natural attacks. This assumes that you are not already using the limb for your usual attacks (e.g., claws when you have already attacked with a handheld weapons). Monk Unarmed Strikes are a particular special case because it is explicitly stated that you can use other parts of the limbs to attack with, so you can actually do a claw-claw-bite routine after a full Monk unarmed flurry attack (remember that all penalties are cumulative).

hell bovine

Arcane

Yeah, but how it is supposed to work and how it actually works can be two diferent things in PK. And flurry is on the bug list.
Natural attacks has never worked with Monk Flurry. Only Unarmed Strikes and Monk weapons do.
That's nice, but I'm asking how it works in the game. Flurry has been reported to a) not work at all and b) work with all weapons.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

That's nice, but I'm asking how it works in the game. Flurry has been reported to a) not work at all and b) work with all weapons.
You asked how it is supposed to work... I took that to mean in reality, not in bugmaker.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
This is literally a thread about the game builds, not pnp.
Yes. If it is bugged, then what is there is not as intended. Isn't that why you asked the question to begin with: You don't know what is it supposed to be. The only possible source when the game itself is wrong is to go back to what it is based on.

I can't believe that I have to explain it to you.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Any legit STR builds? I feel like everything I see is DEX.

I'd like to do a melee fighting inquisitor but it seems like it just spreads out the skills and attributes too much.
Strength based Vivisectionist has been working well so far. Feral Mutagen gives a huge punch early, but enlarged reach Cleaving with a long spear from behind the tank is nice also. Sneaks are easy to trigger and do a lot of damage. Damage reduction has never been an issue thus far. Boosted Strength compensates for medium BAB.

Though will saves and HP are your weakness. Good thing you can eventually become immune to some will CC effects and to sneaks and crits.

Plus mutagen will eventually provide huge boosts to all physical (alternatively mental) stats (and armor), meaning your CMD (and CMB for trip with Fury Fall) should be trough the roof, on par with a pure fighter (and your sneaks debuff enemy Str for even easier tripping). Combat Reflexes will allow a lot of extra attacks with the boosted Dex. Also Feral Bite will provide free trips with a certain cloak.

You eventually get useful immunities, like paralyse, sleep; can pierce concealment with echolocation and, if you've got spare Discovery feats, even get high resistance to sneaks and crit (up to 75%). Or go Elemental Body III instead. In general you can cover most important buffs yourself: Shield, Barkskin, Displacement, Haste, Echolocation, stoneskin, Legendary Proportions, Elemental Body, Transformation.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
2 handed stops maguses from using their staple spellcombat ability - casting and attacking in the same round.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
hey whas a good sword saint build using 2hand weapons
wind-and-cloud.jpg

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I can't believe that I have to explain it to you.
Oh you don't have to, I understand what you mean completely:
I took that to mean in reality
And you proved that you don't. As I said, when the game itself isn't right, you have to revert back to the source material. You, of course, had to take it another way in a pathetic attempt to save face for being a fuckwit. Typical Codexian oldfag shit.

aweigh

Arcane
do ranged weapons count as 2handed for purposes of that sweet 1.5x dmg bonus? i know composite shit already gives you a 1.5x but does that count as the 2handed bonus or is that a specific composite bonus?

what dumb fucking question i could easily answer myself by doing a 5 second google search will i ask next????? stay tuned.

EDIT: oh, I got one!

sword and board builds, what's a good one? i read earlier in thread that Tower Shields are eww! no bueno! what about "bucklers"? shield bashing?

can you use tower shield to improved trip opponents? what about Sundering enemy arms using a shield bash????

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well I think I saw one shield bashing Vivisectionist Dex build. I think it was Nerd Commando / Pope Amole video? Overall less damage, needs tons of feats and blooms later, but the cool thing is that you can sneak attack with the light finessable shield...

vazha

Arcane
A very important question: can you effectively spell combat/spell strike with an estoc / bastard sword and at the same time enjoy the benefits of power attack str bonus that you get when you re swinging one handed stuff with both hands?
Need credible answers. Asking for a build.

Elex

Arbiter
A very important question: can you effectively spell combat/spell strike with an estoc / bastard sword and at the same time enjoy the benefits of power attack str bonus that you get when you re swinging one handed stuff with both hands?
Need credible answers. Asking for a build.
yes look at the half orc magus

str builds are always better for damage and more feats efficent.

str builds suffer in defense: worse ac, worse reflex save, more item dependant

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom