Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
If you reach HATEOT and your MC is lvl 20, and let's say Jaethal is level 18, because you didn't share exp check or whatever reason. Then when you find her in the house she will autolevel to 20.
This does not happen with mercenaries.

Capish now NJClaw?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
i meant majority of them arent holding a weapon.
and yes cmd is very high on most of them but thats what you build for so should be manageable.

Unfair Hargulka won’t be trivial to Disarm, that’s for sure. Will be interesting to see if he loses Freedom of Movement. Will probably lead with Harrim True Strike Dirty Trick - Blind.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
If you reach HATEOT and your MC is lvl 20, and let's say Jaethal is level 18, because you didn't share exp check or whatever reason. Then when you find her in the house she will autolevel to 20.
This does not happen with mercenaries.

Capish now NJClaw?
Sorry. I didn't even know that was a thing, never played without sharing experience with all companions.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Did you try dragging the hourglass out of its slot?

Also Quickened Magic Missiles are like bringing a knife to a gunfight.
Yeah, first thing I tried of course.

I had the same bug a couple of months ago. If you have magic items (rods, cloaks...) that apply metamagic effects you your spell, you should try to unequip them before opening the metamagic interface.
Thanks, that was a good suggestion. I unequipped Tristian's three metamagic rods, but that unfortunately did not help either.

I guess I'll live without quickened MM, like Desiderius said it's not like it matters that much. I already have some pretty good level 5 spells I can use instead, and I have a lesser quicken rod for dat dere Fireball spam.
I swear to God, that bug can be solved, you just have to fiddle with it a bit longer. Try to unequip all the items (not only rods, maybe you have a vest or something), rest, save and reload.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Would be cool to be able to toggle the vanilla bite attack and the steel headbutt attacks added by mods. Keep reach weapons and characters where they are, and then turn it back on if you change fighting style and go into Mike Tyson mode.

Desiderius

Patron
Investigator is ultimate skill monkey. Your Studied Strike uses up your Study bonus for a burst, but you can just leave it on and keep the bonus if you want.

Haven't been super impressed with Warpriest. Only really unique thing is it can increase the dice on small dice weapons. Decent number of Feats in base class. Unfortunately Weapon Specialization and short duration abilities get kind of outclassed in P:K.

Daidre

Arcane
Haven't been super impressed with Warpriest. Only really unique thing is it can increase the dice on small dice weapons. Decent number of Feats in base class. Unfortunately Weapon Specialization and short duration abilities get kind of outclassed in P:K.
There is Cult Leader archetype with sneak attack progression for Warpriest in CotW mod and one build that I have tried - dual-wieldier with kukris, was on Vivi level of broken. Sneaks + Cleric buffs + huge dice on those tiny 1d4 knifes.

Used it on respecced Nok-Nok. Surprisingly fitting story-wise too.

Desiderius

Patron
There is Cult Leader archetype with sneak attack progression for Warpriest in CotW mod and one build that I have tried - dual-wieldier with kukris, was on Vivi level of broken. Sneaks + Cleric buffs + huge dice on those tiny 1d4 knifes.

Used it on respecced Nok-Nok. Surprisingly fitting story-wise too.

Exactly what I was thinking. Unfortunately Sacred Fist really wasn’t doing it for Harrim so he’s now default CotW Warpriest and doing pretty well with Dirty Trick instead of Touch of Chaos.

Desiderius

Patron
Empiricist probably flat out better than base Investigator.

Questioner gets Bard spells if you’re not bringing a Bard. OW you get Alchemist spells (with Infusion available as Discovery).

razvedchiki

Erudite
i may use harrim instead of a custom warpriest, probably in the back with a reach 2hander. debating if i should keep linzi pure bard or roll a custom melee bard (or a skald).

Saravan

Savant
So on Thursday my girlfriend texts me that she will be spending the weekend at her parent's place. I see an opportunity to put in some serious hours playing Pathfinder, none of that 2 hour bullshit then having to do errands or take her out for dinner or some other shit. I come in here on Friday and talk about some builds. Aldori Defender with some monk splash with a dash of Swordlord eventually comes into fruition. I then just fucking consume the shit out of Pathfinder. I'm playing literally all of Saturday and all Sunday, barely slept 3 hours total. Just straight up gorging myself every ounce of minute of this game feeling like I'm 20 again with no responsibilities. Ordering pizza home delivery shoving that shit down my throat in 5 minutes, no time to spare, must consume more Pathfinder.

Anyways I'm liking this build.

Desiderius

Patron
So on Thursday my girlfriend texts me that she will be spending the weekend at her parent's place. I see an opportunity to put in some serious hours playing Pathfinder, none of that 2 hour bullshit then having to do errands or take her out for dinner or some other shit. I come in here on Friday and talk about some builds. Aldori Defender with some monk splash with a dash of Swordlord eventually comes into fruition. I then just fucking consume the shit out of Pathfinder. I'm playing literally all of Saturday and all Sunday, barely slept 3 hours total. Just straight up gorging myself every ounce of minute of this game feeling like I'm 20 again with no responsibilities. Ordering pizza home delivery shoving that shit down my throat in 5 minutes, no time to spare, must consume more Pathfinder.

Anyways I'm liking this build.

Swordlord just schmoove as the other side of the pillow.

Desiderius

Patron
i may use harrim instead of a custom warpriest, probably in the back with a reach 2hander. debating if i should keep linzi pure bard or roll a custom melee bard (or a skald).

Linzi starts with Extra Performance, which you don’t really need, and Halfling which isn’t great either. STR human Longspear could be pretty good with the Masterpieces and Versatile Performance Feats Holic just added.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have found Linzi's long lost sister...
VcyBasr.png

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So a friend of mine want to play pathfinder after liking tyranny.So i am wondering if there is any essential mods that are required,especially in the ui category?He is not a hardcore rpg gamer and is mostly interested in the game because he really likes rtwp rpg's.
Oh and does the game have dead end builds or can you just play with whatever you like?

Here's a handy-dandy reasonably current list of popular mods. I got most of these in without even knowing about this guide, so it has my kosher certification.

Yosharian

Arcane
These are the mods I recommend:

Craft Magic Items: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/54
This gem of a mod has been updated by another user and can now be used safely since it's being actively bugfixed. It allows you to craft new magic items and also upgrade old ones, so for example if you find a +3 weapon you like, you can upgrade it to +5. I strongly recommend you do not cheat with this mod in order to preserve game balance.

Loot Checklist: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/170
A mod that lets you view the loot that is in the Area you are currently in, including enemy/ally inventories. It is a simple list of what you are missing at that moment, it doesn't however tell you where the items are.

Scale XP: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/24
Allows you to set an exponential XP scale that means you can reach level 20 by the end of the game. Check the discussion tab for some good advice. User Micah71381 recommends using a base multiplier of 1, divider of 15 and an exponential of 5 (using the 'Exponential' option - 3rd setting). However I feel that the exponential value of 5 might be a little too high, maybe about 2.5-3 might be better, since reports indicate you can actually reach level 20 by endgame, now.

NPC high-rez textures: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/171
Provided by Owlcat themselves, apparently. Should work.

Hambeard's Better Vendors: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/173
Includes a variety of features, not least of which is the Vendor Injector: this remarkable mod allows you to instantly (as in instantly, on the fly, without even restarting the game) add any item to a Capital Square vendor, so that you can purchase it. It's a very lightweight and should be safe to use, as well as safe to uninstall after use. It's technically a cheat, but it's a palatable one for items which are proving hard to obtain, or have been missed. It's a nice way to solve Artisan RNG, for example - if you know you've unlocked a certain tier but the game keeps ♥♥♥♥ing you on RNG, you can just sell the item you actually received and buy the one you wanted. There are also items which exist in the game's files but not in the campaign, such as Twin Serpents. Another thing would be the Changestaff spell which requires a non-magical quarterstaff as a resource, which, oddly enough, is quite a rare item, but not with this mod. Many thanks to Hambeard for creating this mod at my request.

Custom Companion and NPC Portraits: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/100
This mod allows you to replace the portraits of your companions and various NPCs. However, the documentation is awful. See below for a short guide on how to install and use the mod.

Installation & Usage:
1: Download only the main file titled "REQUIRED - Companion Custom Portrait - REQUIRED" from the mod's Nexus page.
2: Install this file using Unity Mod Manager.
3: Launch the game. This creates many custom portrait directories in the User/AppData/Owlcat Games/Pathfinder Kingmaker/Portraits directory. Note that override directories will be created for mercenary characters you've made, as well as vanilla NPCs like Amiri.
4: Replace the portrait .PNG images in each of the new directories with the ones desired.

Custom Player Voice - Male Adventurer - https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/73
This mod replaces the existing male 'Confident' voice with a new one. Normally mods like this tend to be quite poor, but the quality of this mod is astounding, and the voice itself is far superior to the vanilla voiceset it replaces. Check out a showcase here.

Bag of Tricks: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/26
I previously recommended Cheat Menu, however Bag of Tricks is constantly being updated and is by far the better choice now. It allows you to modify an astounding number of things, such as experience, gold, and so on.

Cleaner - https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/39
This mod does a few different things, but the principal thing I like is that it adds a 'clean' button to the loot window when you leave a zone. It removes all loot and NPC corpses from the zone, which reduces the size of your saves. I think this will help prevent the issue where loading times for saves begin to get longer and longer.

Toggle AI/Stealth Hotkeys - https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/72
Very simply adds hotkeys to toggle these two abilities. Currently you have to manually click on the buttons in order to toggle these on or off, which, to anyone who has any RTS experience or simply knows how to use a freaking keyboard, is heresy. Having the option to toggle them off with a specific keyboard shortcut is rather essential, in my opinion.

Faster Menu Book Zoom - https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/67]
This is a rather simple but nice mod, that does what it says on the tin. God knows what Owlcat were thinking with that fade-in intro, it's annoying as hell.

UI Extensions - https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/99
This adds a number of improvements to the UI, but the most critical thing for me is to always have pet portraits visible. It annoys me to no end that I can't see, at-a-glance, what the status of my animal companion is, without going into a separate menu. The mod's other options are just gravy, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I like Camera Rotation, Proper Flanking, and Call of the Wild

Sykar

Arcane
Call of the Wild is by far the best mod for expanding on classes/archetypes plus I like the stats/class of most companions better sans Octavia. All I ever wanted to see with her was swapping strength and constitution. Otherwise she was great, specialization is fine since you want those transmutation buffs/CC anyway. I guess if you REALLY want to just full a tier with nothing but touch attack spells you might be a little behind an evoker.
My favorites from CotW are Arcanist, basic class, and Summoner, have not made up my mind yet which is best between base class and archetypes.
I wish vendor progression mod would work with it though, it is weird seeing level 9 spells already on the scroll vendor, though I am always ignoring anything that is my current spell level +1.

Apart from CotW I can recommend "A Touch of Magic", "The Lost Grimoire" and "Advanced Martial Arts" though read CotW recommendation for the latter two to work properly with CotW which you find in its description. There is the caveat with this setup that you need "Repsecialization" mod because of the change the "The Lost Grimoire" mod does to wizards which breaks Octavia and she essentially becomes a transmuter without all the specialization benefit. "Bag of Tricks" lets you have the 1000 respecialization fee via one button. I do not consider this a cheat but fixing a bug.
Then these are nice to have mods: "Races Unleashed", "Closer to Tabletop" and the aforementioned "Vendor Progression".

Some complain that Closer to Tabletop does not improve the AI so they understand the sneak attack changes but it really does far more to limit your own damage than it does the enemy AI since the AI does not have that many sneak attackers overall anyway. It was ridiculous easily right from the start to get SAs in with for example Octavia and her cantrips, that is pretty much obsolete now. Others like Shatter Defenses and Imp Invis function still as normal though for both sides so it is overall imho an improvement.
Also the mod introduces soft cover, making it now harder to hit with ranged in general if someone, even your own party members, stands between you and your target, penalizing you with another -4 to hit which makes positioning for your ranged attackers vital. This change also makes tight hallways/spaces much more interesting in terms of ranged/SA and how you deal with this disadvantage.

Yosharian I am interested in installing the high rez mod, do you know if you install both files or just one of them?

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Call of the Wild is by far the best mod for expanding on classes/archetypes plus I like the stats/class of most companions better sans Octavia. All I ever wanted to see with her was swapping strength and constitution. Otherwise she was great, specialization is fine since you want those transmutation buffs/CC anyway. I guess if you REALLY want to just full a tier with nothing but touch attack spells you might be a little behind an evoker.
My favorites from CotW are Arcanist, basic class, and Summoner, have not made up my mind yet which is best between base class and archetypes.
I wish vendor progression mod would work with it though, it is weird seeing level 9 spells already on the scroll vendor, though I am always ignoring anything that is my current spell level +1.
Yosharian I am interested in installing the high rez mod, do you know if you install both files or just one of them?
Ahh I forget exactly, yes I think so. The small file is the 'mod'. The big file is the resource. 'Install' the small file with UMM, then put the large file where it tells you in the instructions I guess. Can't quite remember

You know that Better Vendors includes a fixed version of the vendor progression mod right?

• Includes a fixed version of the Vendor Progression mod! It functions the same way the old mod did, and progress is based of your kingdom stats. Usually if you level up certain stats, it'll add items to certain vendors. Don't worry about starting a new game, it'll add anything you missed as well. It seems abandoned and as per their posted permissions I've fixed it and included it in my mod.

Neroon

Novice
I just started playing Pathfinder Kingmaker today for the first time. Not looking for any tips yet as I want to see how far I can get by myself. But I have one issue with the turn-based mod:
Whenever I attack or cast a spell, my characters turn doesn't end automatically and doing so manually gets annoying fast. Is there some free action I can still do I am forgetting about? I use the mod with all setting as set by default with no changes.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is Beneath the Stolen Lands worth it at -20% if you never intend to play the random dungeon? I.e. only for the static version in the main game.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Is Beneath the Stolen Lands worth it at -20% if you never intend to play the random dungeon? I.e. only for the static version in the main game.
Yeah, you get 5 nice boss fights for a little more than 1€ each. Encounters between bosses are mostly trash fights, but the system can be so addicting that, honestly, even trash fights can be fun.

The question you should really ask yourself is if you need more content than what the base game already has to offer. Even without the DLC, you will be playing this game for around 150 hours: if the base game already burns you out, there's no point in buying the DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom