Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Dumb as a rock (king wasn’t the one holding the kid) and preying on the weak because you can’t hang with the strong.
This is actually one of the best written quests, because it requires almost opposite approaches.
Count Shimmerglow admits that he feasts on fear, and he finds the fear of the child most delicious. So a player can deny him his food by consistent good actions in the village, and during the final confrontation he does not have enough strength to harm Tig; or the player can instill fear into the whole village and bring Kagar as dessert. Then the Count is so glad that he gives up the child voluntarily; and the lizards remain to suffer.
I was utterly surprised that I do not have to give up my precious alignment for some pesky urchin.

It’s spectacular. If they could have kept that up the whole game the positive ratings would be 15% higher.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Dumb as a rock (king wasn’t the one holding the kid) and preying on the weak because you can’t hang with the strong.
This is actually one of the best written quests, because it requires almost opposite approaches.
Count Shimmerglow admits that he feasts on fear, and he finds the fear of the child most delicious. So a player can deny him his food by consistent good actions in the village, and during the final confrontation he does not have enough strength to harm Tig; or the player can instill fear into the whole village and bring Kagar as dessert. Then the Count is so glad that he gives up the child voluntarily; and the lizards remain to suffer.
I was utterly surprised that I do not have to give up my precious alignment for some pesky urchin.

Oooh so thats why you do all those things.. I had no idea. I was just talked Chieftain, go to the Spirit (fought him once to see how was the fight was then reload my save) then select the first option and finished the quest without doing any of the other events. I got suprised to see that i didn't had even fight the thing because of my evil choice lol.

I think i just used to fight in every quest.. Anyway. Great Quest. I think this along side with Stag lord Fort, are the most free and bests quests that i played so far.

A few of the companion quests are kind of neat, too. Not quite as interactive as those usually but they often have an interesting choice or two.

Anyways, congrats on getting to play such a sweet game for the first time

Sykar

Arcane
Could someone please educate me what the hell is happening in that first fight at the end of the prologue? Why does the enemy get basically 1 free turn before I can do a damn thing aside from a little pre-buffing before engaging?

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
A few of the companion quests are kind of neat, too. Not quite as interactive as those usually but they often have an interesting choice or two.

Talking about companion quests...
I just completed the Valerie quest. Buff her with all my stuff and decided to kill the Paladin. Pretty good loot and one less boring Paladin in the world :lol:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
been stuck on soul eaters for an hour, can't win

deathward, full buff, sirocco suicide, fireball spam, heart of ira and kiting doesn't work

been stuck on soul eaters for an hour, can't win

deathward, full buff, sirocco suicide, fireball spam, heart of ira and kiting doesn't work

Which? The VTomb bastards?

Those were hard for me too because I ended up answering the questions leading to my bard and a caster low on spells in the fight. It was actually cool though because I went DEEP into the bag and used every god damn potion, scroll, etc. Using 5 ft move to get away with a potion and a scroll and shenanigans like that.

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
Could someone please educate me what the hell is happening in that first fight at the end of the prologue? Why does the enemy get basically 1 free turn before I can do a damn thing aside from a little pre-buffing before engaging?

Which fight? Where, who is the boss?

Wait, what? Can you describe exactly what is happening?

I don't see the will checks coming up in the logs. Been in about a dozen battles waiting for it, and my Amiri's will is pretty mediocre. I had read somewhere that this was an issue at release but perhaps it was never fixed?

Yosharian

Arcane
Wait, what? Can you describe exactly what is happening?

I don't see the will checks coming up in the logs. Been in about a dozen battles waiting for it, and my Amiri's will is pretty mediocre. I had read somewhere that this was an issue at release but perhaps it was never fixed?
Please clarify exactly what you mean by "Amiri went crazy". I cannot comment on this issue unless you give me concrete details.

Oh, sorry. I meant that Amiri is quite strong with an ovinrbaane that doesn’t appear to be testing her will. If it’s broken, I might reconsider using it. Wasn’t sure if this is working as intended or not, hence asking the wise scholars here.

Yosharian

Arcane
Oh, sorry. I meant that Amiri is quite strong with an ovinrbaane that doesn’t appear to be testing her will. If it’s broken, I might reconsider using it. Wasn’t sure if this is working as intended or not, hence asking the wise scholars here.
I see. So the behaviour of that weapon up to this point has been that it does not test the user's will in any way. It simply works without any drawbacks. Until we see any evidence that this has changed, that should still be the case.

Hmm, my Kanerah appears to have been infected with the Aura of Honest battle debuff STD from Amrag's tomb. It disallows other buffs on her and doesn't appear to be able to be removed. Probably something to do with swapping her with her twin. Googling for it finds one recent thread where someone else had it with the twins.

Might try bag of tricks and see if it can be sniped, otherwise ugh

Edit: seems to persist through the tavern respec too
Only thread I've found
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...u/where_does_aura_of_honest_battle_come_from/

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
That still does not change the fact that for some reason the enemy gets a free round regardless how you engage. Kinda annoying.

I do not remember something wrong with it, tbh. I will be at exactly that point in a few hours (assuming I finally make up my mind about the details of my build), and I 'll check it.

Are you playing RTwP or TB?

Hmm, my Kanerah appears to have been infected with the Aura of Honest battle debuff STD from Amrag's tomb. It disallows other buffs on her and doesn't appear to be able to be removed. Probably something to do with swapping her with her twin. Googling for it finds one recent thread where someone else had it with the twins.

Might try bag of tricks and see if it can be sniped, otherwise ugh

Edit: seems to persist through the tavern respec too
Only thread I've found
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...u/where_does_aura_of_honest_battle_come_from/

Ok bag of tricks fixed it super easy.

A favorable bug I think I've found:
Jaethal has Cloak of Souls which let's her cast vampiric touch 3x a day. If I use a lesser Reach metamagic rod, it extends the range but doesn't drain the charge.

In practice, this doesn't really lead to an advantage because I would only use the 3 charges on this anyways. I guess it's insurance for when I inevitable forget to toggle it off and drain it anyways with some touch ranged buff

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom