Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

hexer

Made it to the end game area!
Owlcat are mad geniuses.
I need alcohol!

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Yup, it works.

Now you need to apply Legendary Proportions to that - that grows the creature for two sizes, not just one.

Though that's still far from lvl 20 monk with Legendary Proportions and Lead Blades scroll (8d6).

Shadenuat

Arcane
Necromancy is a free dump that school is awful
Skellingtons are great trash tanks. Boneshatter is not bad at all too.

Since my high level saves are still broken I am running an evil Evoker now though with fire feats. DC18 Burning Hands on level 1 is fun. And now I have 5 (6 with bonded item) of them with extra damage.

I am also trying to make a shield bashing Ranger mercenary but it feels more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited:
:bounce:

It may be a hotfix of a hotfix of a hotfix but at least I feel like I can play without the item bonuses going fucking nuts. The nymph encounter was a pain in the ass but after making my daring escape I came back with my party and slaughtered every last animal and fey there. Going to have fey concentration camps in my kingdom because of this, mark my words. Other than the owlbear being significantly tougher than every other enemy (The giant flytrap was close but the owlbear was noticeably harder) they got mopped up fairly easily. Party's creeping near 6th level. Inventory management was a hassle (Protip, dump shit while you still have your party. Drop a single item, then leave the area since you can move items with a single click on the "Clean up loot" screen so you can dump your whole inventory way fucking faster. You can't leave the area if you're encumbered so you can't do it solo) but god damn PK is so fucking good when it's working.

lophiaspis

Arbiter
Can we try to figure out how to avoid the main quest bugs? So people can actually win the game? At this rate it will take them months to even get started on fixing the broken main quests.

I'm now on Chapter 4 and increasingly nervous about losing all my progress. Still on the version before the horrible hotfixes.

The game is apparently not totally unwinnable as shown by hexer and others getting to the last chapters. But it seems you have to skip through a minefield of borked quests to get there.

What I would like to know is:
1) where exactly are the broken main quest chains?
2) how exactly did hexer et al avoid those bugs?

Hopefully we can, "find" a safe "path" through this BPD 10/10 of a game.

Yosharian

Arcane
04Dv3aq.png

:hmmm:

hexer

I'm not 100% sure I encountered them at all when I think better.
To progress to Chapter 6 from Chapter 5 you have to wait for a long time for the events to unfold.
It's all time-based as the main quest is tied to quest Ancient Curse

Is the dwarf ruin for Harrim the ruined watchtower thing in chapter 2? 'cause if so I think I may have borked his quest. I wandered in there and explored and cleared the zone out before he came to me asking to go to a dwarf ruin, but when I bought him back and ran him around the place he didn't say or trigger anything. Possibly because I can't use the ass-end of that shrine any more since I already looted it. Kinda wandering around with my dick in my hand in general at the moment since the only big quest/story beat I've got is that ominous hill, and even though the quest says "Quest will fail at the end of the timer" since I haven't bumped into anything related to it anywhere I figure once it runs out I'll get the next stage of the quest or something.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

ok, I'm much further into the game now.
just beat the flower and am on to the barbarians

I still haven't gotten to a point to where bugs have completely broken the game - apart from one weird error where my party became separated at an inn (one member stuck in the rooms), forcing me to reload.

I have to repeat my assessment that this is like MotB, not BG. There's a ton of trash mob fighting and not an over abundance of strategy beyond maxing your DPS and keeping your party alive.

That said, the story is ok so far. Generic, but interesting enough.

panda

Savant
What, you popamolers seriously run with devourer of metal insted of :obviously: bow?
Well, for trash mobs i do that too, but...
DNf6ZPF.png

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Can we try to figure out how to avoid the main quest bugs? So people can actually win the game? At this rate it will take them months to even get started on fixing the broken main quests.

I'm now on Chapter 4 and increasingly nervous about losing all my progress. Still on the version before the horrible hotfixes.

The game is apparently not totally unwinnable as shown by hexer and others getting to the last chapters. But it seems you have to skip through a minefield of borked quests to get there.

What I would like to know is:
1) where exactly are the broken main quest chains?

Hopefully we can, "find" a safe "path" through this BPD 10/10 of a game.
What's the point of playing an RPG if you'd have to press all the specific buttons in the right sequence? At that point, why even bother? Is the journey itself not the goal?
p0Lxxal.png

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
My favorite part of playing fallout is carefully reading a walkthrough the whole way so I don't take a quest that deletes the final dungeon, that's the true crpg experience

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My favorite part of playing fallout is carefully reading a walkthrough the whole way so I don't take a quest that deletes the final dungeon, that's the true crpg experience
wait what? Is this the release version thing?
I played it on 2012 with the fan patch, so i didnt know how it was on release (and iIwas like 5 years old then,)

Ent

Savant
Damn. Vivisectionist is so fun - its like playing a combat rogue with a bunch of other goodies and a crapton more survivability.

I am still in the tutorial, lol, playing slow as possible. But now I am actually worried the patches are making it worse and my grand plan is going to shit.

Ibbz

Augur
I am still in the tutorial, lol, playing slow as possible. But now I am actually worried the patches are making it worse and my grand plan is going to shit.
I've just finished chapter 3 - didn't run into any big bugs or issues (Currently at 50ish hours). I'm stopping until another few hot fixes come through for Chapter 4 onwards because of the reputation that the bugs get a lot worse, so you should have plenty of time to enjoy the game before you start to seriously run into issues, and hopefully it'll be fixed to a certain extent by then. (And hopefully no other bugs are introduced by the hotfixes)

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I honestly have no clue how people can not run into bugs. Don't you explore at all or something? There's areas and quests you should not be able to miss that are 100% broken, like the feather token quest, or the area(s) that spawn you outside the area (or possibly the areas are missing a collision/movement map or something).

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I’ve been trying to nail chapter two, but the kingdom management keeps tripping me up and I don’t realize until many hours of gameplay later. I actually like the kingdom management stuff itself—feels integral to the story and lightyears ahead of the boat stuff in Deadfire—but I can’t seem to get the ratio of adventuring to kingdom management right.

How long should I wait before annexing the northern area or taking two weeks to upgrade my kingdom stats? Also, is there anything that triggers the troll invasion or does it just start after a certain amount of time?

Edit: Luckmann by the feather token quest do you mean the one with the nyxie holding the lumberjacks hostage? I saved them and the guy acted like I’d let them die, but I figured that was because I’d taken too long to get the feathers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom