Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
It was resistant to blunt too I checked, although maybe it because I used non magical weapon

but fucking Slashing?
google SRD treant

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
i know the game does let you know if something is immune, but now i am not so sure if it was the case with the swarm. i encountered a bunch of wererats that are immune to magic missile.

which btw, is that a thing? wererats that are immune to magic missile? i mean, i could hurt a werewolf with it.
If a wererat is immune to magic missile, I'm going to chalk that up to a bug. No way is that intended. Wererats in Pathfinder doesn't even have spell resistance or anything like that, and the defining aspect of Magic Missile is that it always hits.
I remember only the left one being nearly immortal. The other two died.....ok. That one is pretty buggy or overbuffed.

The Avatar

Pseudodragon Studios
Developer

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The game seems to go smoother with a wizard(support)+cleric/with summon spells, then buff the frontline(Barbarian/Barbarian/Fighter/Rogue) till they chocke and use summons as cannon fodder(sometimes they actually do some good damage), usually it goes pretty swell, unless of course there's a disgusting crit incoming from the enemy.

Elex

Arbiter
Anyone know what the latest 1.3GB download on steam was?

I'm having fun so far. Yeah, difficulty spikes (especially on Challenging) and they don't do a great job of telling you some stuff, but it's a lot more entertaining and D&Dish (I know, sacrilege considering it's Pathfinder, not D&D) than PoE. Per the boards, hotfix patch 1.03 will address some concerns over difficulty, although I'm worried it will be the usual overreaction to make everything cake for players who need their hands held at every step.

Hoping they will lower merc price too.
the sound track (OST)

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Okay, that bear gave me 4th level. I'm a bit stumped, where would a melee combat cleric type go from here...? More Str? Pump Wis? Leaning towards Str right now.

Str. Wis is not that important as it is only used for making your spells harder to resist(not relevant if you're just buffing yourself or healing) and giving you a few bonus spells.
Assuming we get to higher levels, you're going to need 19 Wisdom to cast 9th-level spells, and if you have 19, you may as well go 20. That said, if one is fine with relying in items (which I guess is fine in a CRPG), then yeah, Strength.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Okay, that bear gave me 4th level. I'm a bit stumped, where would a melee combat cleric type go from here...? More Str? Pump Wis? Leaning towards Str right now.
Do you have 20 Wis yet? No? Then wis. Otherwise, Str or Con if you want to pummel things.
What the fuck is the treebearant's problem?

Edit: I can bash my head against it for a while, and I will, so far it's the only thing I got stumped. Could deal with the other encounters with some thinking.

Resistent to slash iirc.

Wait, the fucking tree is resistant to slashing, the act of chopping it the fuck to pieces?

Piercing or Blunt I could see, but fucking Slashing?
Nvm, beat the sonofabeach.
Now that got me to level 3, and I wonder what I should cross class Valerie and Harrim into.
I like the thier stats are so shit for their intended roles that you might as well multiclass.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
By the way, Amiri's sword is a bastard sword, not a two-handed one. Almost gave her the wrong feats.

Str. Wis is not that important as it is only used for making your spells harder to resist(not relevant if you're just buffing yourself or healing) and giving you a few bonus spells.
Assuming we get to higher levels, you're going to need 19 Wisdom to cast 9th-level spells, and if you have 19, you may as well go 20. That said, if one is fine with relying in items (which I guess is fine in a CRPG), then yeah, Strength.

+2 Wis items are easy to come by I find, so I went Str for now. It's probably not THAT important in the long run. Fixing the stats on the companions is a much more difficult endeavor.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It was resistant to blunt too I checked, although maybe it because I used non magical weapon

but fucking Slashing?
google SRD treant
Alright, so, DR 10/Slashing actually implies the opposite of what some seem to think. It means that the DR applies on all non-magical damage that isn't slashing.

So treants are actually extremely susceptible to slashing, whilst nearly immune to piercing and blunt.

Also, they take 50% extra damage from fire.

Assuming they work the same in PF:K as in PF itself.

Edit: They are also really fucking easy to hit with touch attacks, including ranged touch attacks. This assumes standard treants, though, so the treantbear-thing might have higher AC or Dexterity or whatever, I have no idea how to tell.

Last edited:

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Do you have 20 Wis yet? No? Then wis. Otherwise, Str or Con if you want to pummel things.
What the fuck is the treebearant's problem?

Edit: I can bash my head against it for a while, and I will, so far it's the only thing I got stumped. Could deal with the other encounters with some thinking.

Resistent to slash iirc.

Wait, the fucking tree is resistant to slashing, the act of chopping it the fuck to pieces?

Piercing or Blunt I could see, but fucking Slashing?

Heh.

I restarted with a warrior char... Or planned to, wanted a 2h/greatweapon fighter only to realize that all the 2h options suck. Greatsword seems to only have slash in pathfinder (but why, same for longsword)... Glaive and Voulge are slash... Only great flail or whatever it's called has blunt (but I hate flails) along with greatclub (I'm not a barbarian ffs).
Pathfinder has "bec de corbin" and "lucerne hammer" (i.e. pollaxes) as well as the halberd in, but not in this game it seems... Lame.

I don't like Pathfinder weapon stats tbh. Don't remember if AD&D was actually better or not.

On another note, is it normal to be able to make a 20str human fighter in Pathfinder? I get to select a racial bonus of +2 to 1 stat of my choice. I guess this is even more of a "everybody can become a god" ruleset than whatever crap NWN had?

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

but fucking Slashing?
google SRD treant
Alright, so, DR 10/Slashing actually implies the opposite of what some seem to think. It means that the DR applies on all non-magical damage that isn't slashing.

So treants are actually extremely susceptible to slashing, whilst nearly immune to piercing and blunt.

But is it that way in the game? Guess I'll find out with my slash greatweapon fighter with +41043250 damage and to hit rolls lel

Shadenuat

Arcane

but fucking Slashing?
google SRD treant

Just like wererats have 10/silver yeah. I take it even magic weapons won't save you there.

Thing is not everything might work. For example, Swarms should take 50% more damage from AoE sources but I didn't notice that.
And on steam someone said treant has 10/crushing i.e. you need magic crushing weapon.

Maybe people are just confused though.

Elex

Arbiter

but fucking Slashing?
google SRD treant

Just like wererats have 10/silver yeah. I take it even magic weapons won't save you there.

Thing is not everything might work. For example, Swarms should take 50% more damage from AoE sources but I didn't notice that.
And on steam someone said treant has 10/crushing i.e. you need magic crushing weapon.

Maybe people are just confused though.
based on dev post, stuff is working as intended for swarm and general difficulty: they probally remove them from lower difficulties because people can't deal with them.

tutorial wolf and random encounter are the stuff that can be overtuned.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/0/1734340257883177224/

razvedchiki

Erudite
So lets sum this up

- hard counters check
- difficulty for all peoples check
- cool adaptation of a an excellent pnp check
- casual tears over the net check ( i dont want to sound pseudoelitistic but thats reality yo).

No comments yet of the kingdom management but all i hope for is to just be a money sink.
Also hows itemisation? Cool unique stuff or souldbound MMO crap?

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
According to Pathfinder ruleset a grizzly bear would give the party 1200 XP. So even if it is something like 50x6 = 300XP it sounds like way too few. Might just be a bug

It is probably because you also get xp from quests which they deduct from kills.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
uhm, you can't try opening a lock again if you failed it once? even out of combat? is taking 20 not a thing in pathfinder? is this real?

Parabalus

Arcane
Any advice for rogues?
Not familiar with pathfinder too much, and the game seems tuned to require some though.

NWN1&2 were easy enough to just spam HiPS with dual wielding, is that good enough here?

Mostly interested in making the most out of skill checks, should I just take another class?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
uhm, you can't try opening a lock again if you failed it once? even out of combat? is taking 20 not a thing in pathfinder? is this real?

You can try again after a level up or with a different character. And no, apparently taking 20 isn't in. :lol:

Syme

Arbiter

10/bludgeoning doesn't mean you need a magic blunt weapon, any old hammer or mace will do just fine. If it takes a magic weapon to get past the DR, it will read as "10/bludgeoning and magic", like the Wendigo for example (with cold iron instead of bludgeoning).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom