Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Surprised how strong DA is going, probably because they combine all games together? Either that or because it's first game where Bioware thrown an actual juicy bone to housewives - a non-retarded bastard prince would be king to draw lewd fanart of.

Or it's just the fact that people who fill in the survey are relatively young and DA:O was probably nearly one of the bigger RPG they played.

The original BG2, the RPG that probably make romance a common thing in CRPG is 20 years old after all.

The Jester

Cipher
d7yovvme54e61.jpg
Don't know what's worse: the craze for romance or Dragon age beating baldurs gate. Either way, 6 romance options confirmed. I hope we can fuck the bug girl.
It is as if they are fed up with the countless requests of the fans and have accepted the madness.
You want romance? YOU WANT ROMAAAANCE???!!! THEN FUCK IT WE ARE GOING ALL DOWN!!
You see that cockroach woman? YOU CAN ROMANCE IT!
You see that Dog? YOU CAN ROMANCE IT!
Fuck it, YOU SEE THAT CORPSE??? YES YOU CAN! IT'S 2021 BABY! THE NECROPHILIA COMMUNITY NEED REPESENTAION TOO!
26611e364b3c0f44c0e5f792e6ad75a7--internet-meme.jpg

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
It is as if they are fed up with the countless requests of the fans and have accepted the madness.

Yo Let people fuck the Dragon in peace man.

About romance.. It's whatever. As long doesn't affect the main plot and isn't always your face , it's fine by me. If you don't want to engange don't do it , nobody is forcing you to become a fag and get buttfucked by the orc.

Dodo1610

Arcane
d7yovvme54e61.jpg
Don't know what's worse: the craze for romance or Dragon age beating Baldurs gate. Either way, 6 romance options confirmed. I hope we can fuck the bug girl.

Fun fact: Originally romances weren't planned for Kingmaker but Owlcat decided too include them because it was one of the most requested things during the Kickstarter.

Source go search the OCG staff's post on the PFKM Discord I'm too lazy/ but you can just open the original KS page and see romances were not mentioned at all
tKxbCXj.png

for WOTR on the other hand they are.

kG0Tzb2.png

:positive:

Last edited:

Tyrr

Liturgist
d7yovvme54e61.jpg
Don't know what's worse: the craze for romance or Dragon age beating Baldurs gate. Either way, 6 romance options confirmed. I hope we can fuck the bug girl.

Fun fact: Originally romances weren't planned for Kingamker but Owlcat decided too include them because it was one of the most requested things during the Kickstarter.

Source go search the OCG staff's post on the PFKM Discord I'm too lazy/ but you can just open the original KS page and see romances are not mentioned at all
tKxbCXj.png

for WOTR on the other hand they are.

kG0Tzb2.png

:positive:
The top goal of their social media campaign was a romance. They must have planed it before the Kickstarter.
dRIZLU8.jpg

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Obviously, these romances can help contribute to sales for a vocal group of the fanbase. That was obvious since BG2, when Bioware embraced them. I'll be content at this point as long as they don't become as disgustingly cringe as D:OS2.
That was for WOTR
Yes. Like this thread.
His point seems to be that romances were tacked onto Kingmaker at some point during production, however, they were a part of WoTR since its inception.

Shadenuat

Arcane
At least last time they put as little effort into romances as possible. Amount of banters was times lower than in BG2 and 20 times lower than sprawling companion quests.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
*Sigh* If I had a choice between romance options, and diverting the labour of the team into writing more options for NPCs to recognise player race or class, I would ignore the romance shit. Must be alotta miserable fucks out there.

The Anna romance in PST was the best: short, sweet, to the point, and she had a tail that she used to...sqeeze your leg while kissing her. What de fuck else do want with a girl?. Big tiddy, tailed, horny GF. And the game was smart enough to say: "Ok, after all this shit is done, we can bump uglies - in the mean time lets concentrate more on weapon skill, thieving skills, and magical abilities, ok?".

Just shows you where modern gamer priorities are. And now that there are 100s of fucking gender/identity routes to choose from, they have to expand the romance options and take more labour & time away from the writers. It's enough to make a 40 year old gamer fucking rant about this shit on the Codex. :argh:

just

Liturgist
be nice 5 times until you fuck is the stupidest thing ever wish it was gone from games. all the romance you need in a rpg is some card collecting

example of a good romance:
*be yourself*
wench: oh my, i've never been with a human monk/vivisectionist/duelist/fighter/defender before...
you: well baby, it's your lucky day
*card collected*

bonus points if you can pin the cards on your throne to brag

Sjukob

Arcane
If you ask me, they are missing big time on making a romanceable dragon. From what I know, there's a mommy silver dragon that brings protagonist back on his feet from being nearly killed and then some big bad demon offs her 10 seconds into the game, what a waste. At least there's Wenduag.

Last edited:

just

Liturgist
If you ask me, they are missing big time on making a romanceable dragon. From what I know, there's a mommy silver dragon that brings protagonist back on his from being nearly killed and then some big bad demon offs her 10 seconds into the game, what a waste. At least there's Wenduag.
fallout frontier team would welcome you with open arms

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom