Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If we're going to stretch the romance definition that far, then it loses all meaning. And is clearly not what Owlcat was talking about.

How is this a stretch?

e6bRbql.png

T470tPJ.png

0kPn2NC.png

That's a strong romantic arc right there.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3086531

Change of the beta streaming time and a companion portrait reveal

Hello Crusaders!

By the number of emails we got after our previous announcement we assume you are very excited to start the beta! And we were also looking forward to streaming it, but because of some technical issues, we had to move the stream. Now, there will be no beta stream on Monday, the 1st of February, and instead, we are going to stream on Tuesday, the 2nd of February, at 6 PM CET/12 PM EST/9 AM PST. You will be able to watch us while you are downloading your beta. Please come hang out with us on our twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/owlcatgames, we will be happy to see you there!

Additionally, we wanted to show you a portrait of Seelah, who will soon become your companion and, hopefully, a good friend in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Seelah is an iconic Pathfinder paladin, and we talked about her in one of our previous updates. She’s a friendly and cheerful person, who will protect and support you during your adventures, and share stories over a mug of beer.

7369a0d3da65e7841eeffaec2fef7b76_original.jpg

To arms!

Owlcats.

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

Robber Baron

Savant
The portrait is meh honestly. Her facial expression lacks any determination the paladins are ought to have. The art itself is levels below in terms of details of what PFK had.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Face is not terrible but armor and weapon are bad. Everything is too thicc. Everything except head and upper cuirass is greatly exaggerated, especially the thickness of armor plates - it is a bane of fantasy art. She looks like she is wearing a power armor like a Space Marine. A lot of things are not functional. Oddly enough scabbards like that existed afaik but it does remind me of modern scabbards hema utubers come up to wear sword on the back. And regardless flask would still be on the way.

She is thiccer than Sarevok. And he was 18/00 str godspawned hulk.

d2i8r6x-d2f6db8e-2fff-4d33-9f8f-9027d83f94f5.jpg
5d6190717a1909576adebbbbcfc3a88b.jpg

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
but armor and weapon are bad.

Isn't "overdesigned trash" a staple of Paizo's designs?

It really varies a lot because Paizo tends to hire freelance artists to do illustrations.

Most of the original iconic artwork and the like have extremely over the top proportions, but you'll also find APs that have been illustrated by artists who like realistic designs.

So probably less of a Paizo thing and more of a whatever artist they hired at the time liked doing.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
The fuck... ?!? You Romanian?!?
I'm from Arcanium

The portrait is meh honestly. Her facial expression lacks any determination the paladins are ought to have
Paladins are people too. They aren't always just talking about crusades and their god. Sometimes they talk about normal things too, like how their bread tastes or their hobbies.

Face is not terrible but armor and weapon are bad. Everything is too thicc. Everything except head and upper cuirass is greatly exaggerated, especially the thickness of armor plates - it is a bane of fantasy art. She looks like she is wearing a power armor like a Space Marine. A lot of things are not functional. Oddly enough scabbards like that existed afaik but it does remind me of modern scabbards hema utubers come up to wear sword on the back. And regardless flask would still be on the way.
Okay, Josh Sawyer...

Efe

Erudite
I wish paladin guy on nwn2 got this memo too. forgot his name but still remember how he mentions old owl well every single time.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Portrait aside, I like her in the game. She isn't some stuck up KILL EVUL or preachy as shit Paladin. She follows her Paladin code so she is Lawful in the context of being LG Paladin, but otherwise is pretty free-spirited and really really emphasizes the G of LG. In a lot of ways she kinda feels more NG than LG which of course people in the Codex will complain about. I guess the feeling I got from her is that she is just a gal who happens to be Paladin instead of PALADIN INCARNATE. But I honestly like it that way.

The biggest flaw of her is the fact that companion contents as written in the game are pretty isolated. WotR has banters yes, but that's pretty much it. The thing is there are some outright EVIL companions with all capital letters in WotR party. Not even misunderstood evil that can be redeemed but outright psychopaths. There is even a Hellknight! But you won't get her fighting against them so far, unlike Baldur's Gate. This is probably a design decision.

Her portrait is kinda meh. Proportion feels off, as people say she feels too THICC. And on contrary to her personality as I described above her expression here has her have a PALADIN STICK up on her arse like Valerie. Valerie kinda fits her personality in the game but this doesn't fit at all.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It really is immersion breaking having paladins and hellknights in the same party.

That’s kind of the point of the game. If Gygax hadn’t omitted the ontological axis the point would be clearer but you know strange bedfellows and all that.

As with current events we all have a stake against nihilism.

Sjukob

Arcane
The thing is there are some outright EVIL companions with all capital letters in WotR party.
Camellia is a murderous shizzo that gets off killing and fucking corpses. Is romanceable.
Wenduag is monstrous cannibal that worships demons. Is romanceable.
Arueshalae is an ex murderer, corruptor, child eater and god knows what else. Is romanceable.

4chan asked devs if Ember - the pure and innocent, supposedly teenage elf (no idea how elf age works) girl will be romanceable. They said no and told the guy who asked the question to seek help. I don't get it.

Last edited:

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I think the issue with Ember is that she's pretty much retarded. You shouldn't "romance" the handicapped.

Arushalae isn't that bad by the time of the game, despite what she's done in her past. I do think it's funny that the actions of the evil female companions are revolting and disgusting, while the evil male companions are the ultimate bros. The based general and PG Marquis de Sade are much better than the cannibal and necrophile, in my opinion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom