Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I don't think choice being on a single axis is a problem in itself, the paladin dilemma of having to choose between benevolence and law is pretty old.
Complete nonsense, I repeat a Good action is not a non-Lawful one by default which is how the game treats it

You’re both right. The “Paladin dilemma” is a false dichotomy but it’s so pervasive now in the culture most aren’t even aware of it (especially these writers). The Pozzed have made a fetish of it.

It was common enough throughout history (usually known as “cheap grace” among other names) but at least within Christianity there’s a framework to correct it. The Poz ditching of Xianity took the brakes off the train so everything collapses into a banal CG/LE axis resulting in things like ACAB.

In practice it plays out as glibertarianism run amok which is why all the corps are so shit hot on it. Lets them get away with literal murder as long as they LARP as CG with the rainbow flag nonsense.

Yeah I think this is true.

But! They've also written Regill, who's universally recognized as pretty much the best-written (perhaps best-acted too) character in the game.

It's a "return of the repressed" type of thing - they have to piss and moan about following rules, but they can't help but be secretly attracted to it.

I think I said this before somewhere, but the popularity of Regill mirrors the popularity of Rorschach in Watchmen, who CG(CN?) Alan Moore wrote as a pisstake of Ayn Rand's Mr A. But in doing so he put more soul and realism into the character than any of the others :)

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't believe its the next game. The previous interview seemingly show that Season Pass 2 is being created. Not to mention DLC 2 ended at cliffhanger with DLC 3 being infinite dungeon, this probably alludes to content of Season Pass 2.

sorcerian

Novice
I think it's the infinite dungeon and the image shows one if the leather wearing companions in a boat.
It is the infinite dungeon. It has two entrances - one of them is in Alushinyrra as advertised in the previews. There's another outside, probably in Drezen, so that the player can still access the content. It's also not about anything important, it's about treasure. It's the infinite dungeon.

Yosharian

Arcane
Ahh that's smart, so you're getting charge on every set of iteratives that way. Is it a Cavalier build? What ability are you using for the teleport?

You are using Boots of Stampede for this right?

Edit: ah it's dimensional hop right? How are you getting so much damage on your charge without Cavalier? :argh:

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Ahh that's smart, so you're getting charge on every set of iteratives that way. Is it a Cavalier build? What ability are you using for the teleport?

Edit: ah it's dimensional hop right? How are you getting so much damage on your charge without Cavalier? :argh:

Yes, Dimension Hop with Domain Zealot.

And I've been telling it all along. Charge damage is NOT about Cavalier. It's all about Spirited Charge x2 muliplier - a mounted combat feat a Sohei or human or Gendarme can pick at level 1. Sohei also gets 1-3 extra Full BAB attacks per round.

Cavalier gets some nice boosts, but they mostly pale in comparison to what other classes bring to the table. Well, another x2 multiplier at level 20 capstone sure is nice, but then you're a one-trick pony playing most of the game without your main feature (makes sense for a Legend build, though). Mounted Mastery from Order of the Sword level 8 to add mount damage to charge damage is nice... but I usually end up with a 3 level Gendarme Order of the Cockatrice dip instead: 3 free feats (including Dazzling Display I want for Shutter Defenses anyway) and +4 AB (+2 from Cavalier's Charge and +2 vs Shaken from Braggart) is tough to pass on for supreme character building tempo.

As for damage, being an Angel with buggy Abolish Guile Sword of Heavens upgrade for +50% damage vs pretty much everything that walks sure helps.
Use Boots of Stampede, yes. And Mythic Charge, obviously.

I already nerfed the build's damage TWICE to make it compatible with current patch versions (didn't have to, but it didn't sit well with me to use and show a build that is no longer possible to build). Now its only x3 crits with Mythic Improved Critical fauchard. Used to be x5 with Grave Singer greataxe and Improved Improved Critical Improved from Loremaster.
Also had Mutagens from Mutation Warrior (before Boon Companion fix).

Don't have an end game build with the greataxe, but the damage would have been even higher...
3994FCACE0253D194E213DAB448A7C786F9FCE13

Still, having the extra range from fauchards sure is useful, so I don't really mind - even if the damage figures are not as impressive. Guess I could trade some Sohei levels for more Gendarme levels and switch to Order of the Sword to add mount's Strenght to damage - at the cost of a Full BAB attacks (+1 attack on demand) - but also 3 AB from Weapon Training. But again, Order of Cockatrice offers superior building tempo and I'm not a fan of "end game" builds.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Following a request, I've recorded some charging fun:

noice, without the dimensional steps you cant reposition to charge again?

Well, you can waste a turn to move away. And risk enemies coming to you to negate the effort - unless they are busy with your companions or under Crowd Control.

Other then Dimension Hop from Travel Domain with Domain Zealot, an Arcane Rider gets Dimension Slide (Swift) at level 14. However that's pretty late, Vulpine Pounce would also come late with its medium BAB, if you want a non-horse mount - well, that delays things even more. And he's pretty feat-starved too AFAIR.

Come to think of it, in 70-80% of the fights, 1 or 2 uses should be enough. Therefore Quickened Dimension Door could be a decent option. Meaning Sorcerous Reflex + a Quicken Rod or two could be sufficient. Or the Eldritch Knight Capstone.
Can you delay your use of Sorcerour Reflex to 2nd round?

Trouble is, most classes that get Dimension Door don't get mounts (including EK). Except the Sylvan Sorcerer - but it has bad BAB, no damage or attack bonuses. Or Arcane Rider :)

But it could be a solution for a nice martial Lich mounted Death Knight. Liches get a charge bonus, insane life leech, great defenses, bonus AB vs shaken targets. Can liches learn spells from scrolls? If not, you'd need to do a spellbook merge (and lower BAB, delay other features - though then at least Abundant spells would be an option - otherwise I guess the spell slots are scarce).

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Well that Trickster Trickery dispel thingy certainly works! My Archaeologist used it to dispel Polar Midnight in the Siabrae fight at Wintersun. Pretty impressive, and that was at Trickery 1 with a Trickery level of 36 (would have been 39 but Polar Midnight had already taken -3 from my DEX) at lvl 13.

Something's puzzling me a bit though, I've got Trickery at 39, and the Trickster Trickery 1 dispel skill tooltip says it's at DC21. So that means it must be counting only 31 of my 39 because it has a -10 penalty, and 21+10=31, right?

So which of these things is the system not counting, such that the Trickster dispel is presumably only seeing me having 31 "real" Trickery?:-

Trickery 39 =
11 Ranks
Dex +6 (from 21 + 2 Belt)
Class Skill +3
Profane: +2 [Devil's Imp]
Circumstance: +3 [Creative Approach]
Morale: +2 [Heroism]
Competence: +5 [Bracers of Abrupt Onslaught]
Other: +1 [Jack of All Trades]
Other: +6 [Clever Explorer]

(Btw this is a slight variant build that I started with 1 lvl of Fighter, in case anyone's puzzled why I've only got 11 ranks at lvl 13 :) )

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I'm never getting close to this good. Slow it down a little next time so I can see some combat logs on attacks and saves.

Its not about getting good. Its about optimization.
I think you might very well be a much better party player then me, Desiderius.
I tend to treat my party as sidekicks.

And apologies, I'm afraid I don't have much experience with recording clips. You're right it would have been more informative if I showcased the build, items a little... and also shown some rolls made.

Yosharian

Arcane

Yes, Dimension Hop with Domain Zealot.

And I've been telling it all along. Charge damage is NOT about Cavalier. It's all about Spirited Charge x2 muliplier - a mounted combat feat a Sohei or human or Gendarme can pick at level 1. Sohei also gets 1-3 extra Full BAB attacks per round.

Cavalier gets some nice boosts, but they mostly pale in comparison to what other classes bring to the table. Well, another x2 multiplier at level 20 capstone sure is nice, but then you're a one-trick pony playing most of the game without your main feature (makes sense for a Legend build, though). Mounted Mastery from Order of the Sword level 8 to add mount damage to charge damage is nice... but I usually end up with a 3 level Gendarme Order of the Cockatrice dip instead: 3 free feats (including Dazzling Display I want for Shutter Defenses anyway) and +4 AB (+2 from Cavalier's Charge and +2 vs Shaken from Braggart) is tough to pass on for supreme character building tempo.

As for damage, being an Angel with buggy Abolish Guile Sword of Heavens upgrade for +50% damage vs pretty much everything that walks sure helps.
Use Boots of Stampede, yes. And Mythic Charge, obviously.

I already nerfed the build's damage TWICE to make it compatible with current patch versions (didn't have to, but it didn't sit well with me to use and show a build that is no longer possible to build). Now its only x3 crits with Mythic Improved Critical fauchard. Used to be x5 with Grave Singer greataxe and Improved Improved Critical Improved from Loremaster.
Also had Mutagens from Mutation Warrior (before Boon Companion fix).

Don't have an end game build with the greataxe, but the damage would have been even higher...

Still, having the extra range from fauchards sure is useful, so I don't really mind - even if the damage figures are not as impressive. Guess I could trade some Sohei levels for more Gendarme levels and switch to Order of the Sword to add mount's Strenght to damage - at the cost of a Full BAB attacks (+1 attack on demand) - but also 3 AB from Weapon Training. But again, Order of Cockatrice offers superior building tempo and I'm not a fan of "end game" builds.
Oh you're mounted? I didn't notice haha. Hmm, ok.

Could you post an in-game damage breakdown screenshot? I'm curious what exactly gets multiplied by the Spirited Charge feat

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm never getting close to this good. Slow it down a little next time so I can see some combat logs on attacks and saves.

And apologies, I'm afraid I don't have much experience with recording clips. You're right it would have been more informative if I showcased the build, items a little... and also shown some rolls made.

I like that you can do it either way. The party feats are quite powerful (shake it off, outflank, seize the moment, plus combat expertise - and probably the other yellow ones have their strengths too, e.g. tandem trip), and you can definitely build more of a party feel around those (CRPG Bro on YT is all about those, all his builds are meant to fit into such parties) and do party tricks like (various means of) pushing a mob into the midst of your team and him getting obliterated with AOOs.

It's funny that when PFK came out, more people were building with the team feats, but with this game not so much. I guess it's because the mythic stuff is so different, interesting and powerful and lends itself more towards big bad soloing.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Could you post an in-game damage breakdown screenshot? I'm curious what exactly gets multiplied by the Spirited Charge feat

Different breakdown from the one above? Okay then, how about my new level 11 Dex charger (and a lucky crit) - charge critical + Mythic Charge at Mythic 3 proc:

73A64F9CED9C0C0CA825ADB657F06548367BD746

Last edited:

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
But it could be a solution for a nice martial Lich mounted Death Knight. Liches get a charge bonus, insane life leech, great defenses, bonus AB vs shaken targets. Can liches learn spells from scrolls? If not, you'd need to do a spellbook merge (and lower BAB, delay other features - though then at least Abundant spells would be an option - otherwise I guess the spell slots are scarce).
4 Gendarme Horse Master into arcane caster merge maybe?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

If you play with TableTop Tweaks, sure.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Horse Master could also be taken as a Combat Feat from Loremaster if you in the the mood for some cheese. This way, only 1 lvl in the pet class required.

Yosharian

Arcane

Different breakdown from the one above? Okay then, how about my new level 11 Dex charger (and a lucky crit) - charge critical + Mythic Charge at Mythic 3 proc:

73A64F9CED9C0C0CA825ADB657F06548367BD746
Oh duh, didn't see the spoiler button on my phone. Thanks, lol

Hmm so it straight up doubles everything. That's interesting. I thought it might only double the base damage, or just the physical.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3218396258506008049

Update 1.3.3e

Pathfinders!

We’ve prepared a hot-fix for the problem some of you have been experiencing since yesterday, that is, when your party kept following you in the hubs, like the tavern, crusader’s camp, Drezen and so on. Your companions will relax now and stop following you. Another issue this fix addresses is that some bosses had treacherous minions who were helping you in battles—now they will be hostile to you. We’ve also fixed the Blooming Meadow location.

We apologize for the inconvenience and wish you a happy crusade!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

I like that you can do it either way. The party feats are quite powerful (shake it off, outflank, seize the moment, plus combat expertise - and probably the other yellow ones have their strengths too, e.g. tandem trip), and you can definitely build more of a party feel around those (CRPG Bro on YT is all about those, all his builds are meant to fit into such parties) and do party tricks like (various means of) pushing a mob into the midst of your team and him getting obliterated with AOOs.

It's funny that when PFK came out, more people were building with the team feats, but with this game not so much. I guess it's because the mythic stuff is so different, interesting and powerful and lends itself more towards big bad soloing.

There are things you can do with the teamwork feats, but on the whole they're regrettably under-supported in both games. My team synergies have more to do with general tactics and combos + group buffs/debuffs.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom