Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Ashberry should be done just before Drezen (bring Sosiel so you can pass the skill check and you know Death Ward some people and use Cleric anti-Undead skills etc…

Need that EXP to hit lvl 9 and 10 on time.

I agree but I'm stubborn, vengeful and I hate backtracking :troll:

It's Lawful Neutral, the most underused alignment on the spectrum.

True.

Many instances of "lawful stupid" are in fact just lawful neutral.

Also true. Respect for those that understand old school alignment.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Pick Good option then.

I did. The problem is splitting the Good/Bad and Law/Chaos axes was a retarded idea.
They did it because players hated non-split system. Because you could't just be lawful and not drag yourself into neutral or good or evil etc.

That's not a good solution either but as it stands with the split you go from "BELIEVE IN GOOD! THE FORCES OF HEAVEN ARE WITH YOU! I VALUE MY SOLDIERS!" to "Everyone who disagrees with me dies!" constantly.

e: Very American attitude, that. :smug:

FriendlyMerchant

Pick Good option then.

I did. The problem is splitting the Good/Bad and Law/Chaos axes was a retarded idea.
They did it because players hated non-split system. Because you could't just be lawful and not drag yourself into neutral or good or evil etc.

That's not a good solution either but as it stands with the split you go from "BELIEVE IN GOOD! THE FORCES OF HEAVEN ARE WITH YOU! I VALUE MY SOLDIERS!" to "Everyone who disagrees with me dies!" constantly.

I'd just pick the one that fits your character rather than worrying about where it ends up on the little graph in the alignment page. If it becomes a problem, just edit the save so that the alignment is where it's supposed to be.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Pick Good option then.

I'd just pick the one that fits your character rather than worrying about where it ends up on the little graph in the alignment page. If it becomes a problem, just edit the save so that the alignment is where it's supposed to be.

Choices don't seem to move the alignment that much anyway.
But this is about the writing, which is bad... which we already knew.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It's my fucking Crusade, I sure didn't make that rule.
It's not your crusade, you're just the commander. The rules have been made by others long before you come along. Just like Eisenhower was supreme commander of the western europe theatre, but he still had to do what Roosevelt told him.

Well, Galfrey is LG, I doubt SHE would put up with something like that either.

And reacting with "Serve or die" to a situation where the enemy already offered a "Serve or die" option isn't exactly smart.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
How does corruption mechanic woirks?
It prevents rest-spam?
What is affects?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It prevents rest-spam?
What is affects?
Mouse over the bar. The more corruption the shittier a debuff you get. First level is something like -2 to all stats and 15% flat casting failure, last level is crippling.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
And here comes the trademark Owlcat decisionmaking... Which council should I prioritize? I loathe having to ask but I remember the pita the first time I reached KM's endgame :negative:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
It prevents rest-spam?
What is affects?
Mouse over the bar. The more corruption the shittier a debuff you get. First level is something like -2 to all stats and 15% flat casting failure, last level is crippling.

I mean is there easy way to clean/avoid it?

So you can rest-spam? Or it is kind of "hidden timer".

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It prevents rest-spam?
What is affects?

So you can rest-spam? Or it is kind of "hidden timer".

It goes down when you rest at a safe location like your army camp.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron

You can reduce corruption build up but not negate it entirely, the only way to cleanse it is to rest in a secure location. You can still rest about 3-4 times with no problems at all and a few more with medium debuffs, before it becomes serious.

Edit: In Drezen they fucked it up a bit by placing all those resources that allow basically free rests, but you need to explore to find them so you cannot "rest spam".

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm playing a Quarterstaff Master and just noticed it's actually a double weapon. Does this means it's affected by Two Handed Weapon AND two weapon fighting strategies at the same time?

One hopes that they will eventually implement this for QStaff Master, though it isn’t as good as it looks. The class is fine but TWF is Feat hungry.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I still find it unclear how someone could do, say, the Jeslyn fight on Core without knowing beforehand what it entails AND with the bugged out swarms at release.
I had to reload the first time I met her because I misclicked a spell and doomed my entire party, but without that dumb mistake I would have won. In fact, the second time I did the same exact thing (minus the mistake) and killed her. Mind you that I didn't play against the bugged swarms, though. With Cleave + Cleaving Finish I cleaned the entire room minus the archers in two rounds and then just went straight to her, throwing at her everything I had. With three spells each turn (Camellia, Ember, and Nenio), she's bound to fail at least one save in 2-3 rounds. Anything would have worked (Ear-Piercing Scream, Snowball, Glitterdust, Slumber), but in my case I think I got her with Grease. She can't survive a round of attacks while prone plus the AoOs when she stands up.

So far all I've seen is
"Fight x is hard how did you do it? - - - > Silence
" How do I build y optimally?" - - - > Silence

Weird, huh
What are you talking about? I tried to reply to everything you asked to the best of my abilities. Obviously, if you ask about a class I haven't tried, I can't really help you. So far I've tried Paladin, Bard, Vivisectionist, and Lann, Ember, Sosiel, and Nenio with their base class (up to level 10, I don't know what I will do with later levels). How am I supposed to help you with a SOHEI, I don't even know what it does.

People say a lot of shit yet I see no evidence of any of it. Making a short video of these fights wouldn't be hard...
A short video is more than I'm willing to do for my very own job. You'll get your evidence as soon as I unlock my Equal to Aroden achievement. :cool:

I guess that if you really care about it I can try to register my next session, but you'll have to pay me 10 :useful: ratings.

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
How do I add items back into the game by code number? Sosiel had
Stauntan’s Glaive and it disappeared completely from inventory in 3 different saves at different times
what the actual fuck

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom