Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Sosiel, Lann, Wendulag, Arueshalae and Seelah are Pazzio's.

Lann seems balanced in all things. Doesn't have the SJW vibes on him. I'm not using Sosiel. Arueshalae looks like waifu type, don't tell me she's lesbian/transgender ?

You know the thing with Succubi/Incubi right.

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:
No. I don't know this. Please enlighten me so that I can hate this game even more.

:betrayed:

edit:
She is a succubus. She had all types of dicks inside her and all types of relationships but for you, she will demand commitment and love.
Oh. I thought it would be a tranny thing.

And that's different from modern women how?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I thought it would be a tranny thing.

Succubus and Incubus being able to switch "her" gender at will is a degeneration brought by 5E. Even in PF2E which is awful din't did it. Succubus have a feminine true form ( https://2e.aonprd.com/Monsters.aspx?ID=98 ) BTW, 5E succubus lacks profane gift, ability to inflict negative level and much other deadly powers that her had in previous editions.

can change her sex on a whim

No, that is 5E succubus. Succubus and Inccubus are so different that they have different CR in Pathfinder, different spell like abilities and etc.

And that's different from modern women how?

Modern woman doesn't worship Desna.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So, question for the people who say they have no issues with the difficulty: How much do you use TB mode? Because I've ignored it mostly and only now started experimenting with it during more difficult fights and... well, somehow it really does make them much easier. Even though the TB mode is scuffed itself. There might be a problem with the action economy on RTwP.

FriendlyMerchant

So, question for the people who say they have no issues with the difficulty: How much do you use TB mode? Because I've ignored it mostly and only now started experimenting with it during more difficult fights and... well, somehow it really does make them much easier. Even though the TB mode is scuffed itself. There might be a problem with the action economy on RTwP.

TB is going to be easier anyways. There's just less to pay attention to at any time. But TB mode is a janky mess compared to the Kingmaker TB mod. More bugs too.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
generally anything bout medieval social classes and kultur and rulership, these kind of writers are just clueless about it.
Well, we killed them for good, remember? In democratic countries, it is possible to have people in power who trace their lineage to Mayflower or Yorks and Lancasters. In authoritarian Russia there are no more Трубецких, Волконских, Голицыных and other nobles that were so lovely portrayed by Tolstoy. These surnames do not exist anymore.

So Russian writers have no idea how to depict "old" aristocracy. However, we have the new one - FSB and the police. See "Streets of Broken Lights".

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
1. You were playing the game on the difficulty that is too high for you.
2. Switching to TB mode, you effectively lowered the difficulty by (at least) one level, thus making it enjoyable.

Problem solved. Enjoy your game.

purupuru

Learned
I really like Staunton as a character, his pain and suffering feels very...vivid. I normally don't play pure casters but I will make a arcane caster lich character just to make him suffer even more.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
2. Switching to TB mode, you effectively lowered the difficulty by (at least) one level, thus making it enjoyable.

That wasn't the question, retard.
But you admitted it yourself: TB = Easier Game = "lol little babies can't handle game" *plays on bugged out TB mode*

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

But you admitted it yourself: TB = Easier Game = "lol little babies can't handle game" *plays on bugged out TB mode*
I don't think TB mode makes the game easier. It's not like it changes anything about the rules.
And everyone is acting at the same time in RT, which no doubt makes some situations easier (e.g. that optional water elemental in the tutorial area can be kited in RT, no idea how you could deal with it in TB...).
While in TB, your characters can't act until their next turn - so if you want to get a character out of a hot situation right now, you simply can't. You'll just have to sit there and take your non-tank character receiving a good beating until they can act again.
So if anything, I'd argue TB can be occasionally harder.

But TB mode has one big advantage:
In RT mode, you will never use all your abilities/spells. Mostly your party will be on autopilot with you giving the occasional extra command.
In TB mode, you will use a lot more abilities/spells of each character. Here, you have the time to make the best decision every single turn.

Sure, you could control that finely in RT mode as well, but only if you spent the majority of time paused - which IMO feels just terrible to play.
What I do: TB by default, unless a fight is very easy.
All those "bugs" people report about TB: I never had any.

Last edited:

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
My dad is on the final battle on CH1, second round of demons insta stuns and kills his party even with mythic buffs, he’s blocked.

Anyone do the fight on hard? I don’t how you would survive even fully buffed.

I encountered a bug where my casters would not stop auto casting grease and pit which with the buff stunned everyone without the possibility of a save. Could something similar be happening to your dad?

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I finished the game.

The ending was bad but so was the lead up so I'm not sure what I was expecting.

It's nice to play an implementation of pathfinder and the music was nice but everything else felt either mediocre or straight up bad. The choice to focus the game on high level play and even including mythic abilities is focusing on the worst part of the game system and while it might make for fun build-theorising it makes for poor gameplay, especially when the AI is as shitty as it is.

After the start the game is very easy and only ever "challenges" you with fights where you have to use cheesy/very specific tactics. You just use your buffs and can practically close your eyes while your guys smack the enemies.

I thought kingmaker was OK and I saw a lot of potential in that game, so I backed Wrath in the hopes that Owlcat would apply the lessons they learned and created a more focused and polished product, that worked with the system's strengths rather than its weaknesses. Instead we got a bloated mess with poor, cringy writing, shit narrative design, and combat with the tactical depth of a puddle. I don't hate the game or anything, I just didn't enjoy it and I don't think I'll buy owlcat's next game unless they make major improvements in pretty much every area and I'll certainly not be backing any Kickstarter.

No specifics = edgepoasting. The usual boilerplate you could have written weeks ago.
search-your-feelings-you-know-it-to-be-true.jpg

Parabalus

Arcane

TB is more like 2 full difficulty levels easier, prob more.

Especially vs bosses, in TB mode they likely won't get to act at all, whereas in RTwP they can get their dangerous abilities off.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

TB is more like 2 full difficulty levels easier, prob more.

Especially vs bosses, in TB mode they likely won't get to act at all, whereas in RTwP they can get their dangerous abilities off.
So they have to hold out for initiative rolls as well?

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Someone said way above that it's odd because sometimes fights that are easy in TB are hard in RTwP, but also vice-versa, some fights that are hard in TB are easy in RTwP.

Because this game is almost unique in enabling you to switch between modes on the fly it's difficult to pin down whether that's a fault in the implementation of either or both modes, or something inherent about the difference between TB and RTwP wrt certain encounter types or mob types.

I really don't agree with the blanket generalization that TB is "easy mode" - that's ridiculous. We discussed this recently in the Deadfire thread: there's not really enough difference bertween TB and RTwP to say that that's a viable generalization. Again, it may be true for some instances, and ofc a lot has to do with encounter design. But RTwP can be virtually identical to TB if you pause proactively instead of reactively.

The idea that RTwP is some chad twitch masterrace mode is completely illusory. So long as pausing is possible, you have all the time in the world just like TB, and you can still stroke your beard and guzzle coffee to your heart's content.

In other news, finally got to Drezen. I think I spent too much time building up my forces because the game was starting to annoy me that there were no more "proper" little encounter zones for my team to explore - I kept running off into loops and dead ends on the exploration map looking for some mysterious thing that's "on the right bank of the West Sellen." But the fight at the gate wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I could have done it earlier, thus obviating the cause of my own annoyance :)

Really enjoyed the whole Lost Chapel sequence. Good stuff.

In other other news, I realized that some Achievements don't turn up if you've customized your difficulty, the system stolidly goes by whether you're on named Core, etc. - whereas I have Core but tweaked to have respecs and toning the weather down, plus the added AI from Hard, so it's officially Custom difficulty. Obvious really, but it hadn't occurred to me.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I think I found the RPG Codex quest

Mineshaft 14
Mineshaft Dweller :lol:
BRB on my way to find a new water chi.. ehem cleanse the polluted water

Whose grave was that, in underground?

Edit: Also I had been waylaid by an "Inger Maggor" and its little friend just after staring my search, is it related?

Edit: LoL, ofc its turn based

:love:

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Someone said way above that it's odd because sometimes fights that are easy in TB are hard in RTwP, but also vice-versa, some fights that are hard in TB are easy in RTwP.
Whats easier to use, instrument x or y?

You will be better at exploiting instrument you have most practice with.

You can exploit TB by using some more abilities, but if you lose initiative and can't 1-shot boss you might get pwned. While in RTwP you could RTS-kite that water elemental around the table so it won't ever be in melee range with you at all; or zerg rush some enemy with whole party at same time killing it quicker while interrupting itz spellz.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Interestingly enough, Staunton was already evil in the AP at the start.

He was assumed dead after going missing on a patrol many decades before the AP starts, but you later found out he survived and did a heel face turn after getting disillusioned with the crusade.

He's also an anti-paladin in the AP rather than a warpriest.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I finished the game.

The ending was bad but so was the lead up so I'm not sure what I was expecting.

It's nice to play an implementation of pathfinder and the music was nice but everything else felt either mediocre or straight up bad. The choice to focus the game on high level play and even including mythic abilities is focusing on the worst part of the game system and while it might make for fun build-theorising it makes for poor gameplay, especially when the AI is as shitty as it is.

After the start the game is very easy and only ever "challenges" you with fights where you have to use cheesy/very specific tactics. You just use your buffs and can practically close your eyes while your guys smack the enemies.

I thought kingmaker was OK and I saw a lot of potential in that game, so I backed Wrath in the hopes that Owlcat would apply the lessons they learned and created a more focused and polished product, that worked with the system's strengths rather than its weaknesses. Instead we got a bloated mess with poor, cringy writing, shit narrative design, and combat with the tactical depth of a puddle. I don't hate the game or anything, I just didn't enjoy it and I don't think I'll buy owlcat's next game unless they make major improvements in pretty much every area and I'll certainly not be backing any Kickstarter.

No specifics = edgepoasting. The usual boilerplate you could have written weeks ago.
search-your-feelings-you-know-it-to-be-true.jpg

No, if I knew it to be true I wouldn’t be wasting my time with these miserable edgelording phaggots that’s for damn sure.

Game is a pleasant surprise compared to state of the beta. I’m having a ball with this playthrough. got my three different armies up covering all the flanks and enemies types like in HoMM, playing my favorite class still learning a ton (Paladin Spell Scribing is latest breakthrough). It’s just an awesome experience.

I’m taking the trouble to challenge this predetermined narrative because I don’t want to let a great game get buried under this flood of mental illness and degeneracy.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I’ll be doing playthroughs of each of the racial unique archetypes next (with human near last - that one is going to take some work). Taking suggestions on what people want to see - leaning toward Elf Spelldancer Azata.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My dad is on the final battle on CH1, second round of demons insta stuns and kills his party even with mythic buffs, he’s blocked.

Anyone do the fight on hard? I don’t how you would survive even fully buffed.
Buff your constitution save with Bear's Endurance before combat. Concentrate on the Vrocks because they are the ones doing the stunning with their Stunning Screech ability. I assume you are applying all the obvious buffs to your saving throws like Bless and those enhancing the speed with which you can hack them down, like Haste.

cw8

Cipher

Because this game is almost unique in enabling you to switch between modes on the fly it's difficult to pin down whether that's a fault in the implementation of either or both modes, or something inherent about the difference between TB and RTwP wrt certain encounter types or mob types.

I switch between the 2 modes here and there. I can't imagine playing tavern defense on TB mode. I beat Blightmaw on TB mode, easier to position queued summons to tank him while my party pelted at him from range. There's this named enemy that summons locust swarms in the chapter 1 finale, couldn't be bothered with TB mode at that fight, switched to RTWP, brought my whole party straight to him and beat the crap out of him before he could summon the swarms. Situational difficulty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom