Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mauman

Learned
Is there any reason to play a fighter over a paladin?

Both can deal massive damage and tank except paladin just gets straight immunity to everything and good abilities.

Well, besides the alignment restriction....

More feats (including tower shield for what it's worth) which means better combat efficiency. More damage (smite not withstanding) due to fighter only weapon feats....

But honestly? Fighter is, and always has been, a dipping class for me.

But yes, in this particular setting due to all the demons and whatnot, a straight (haha, yeah, I know insert joke here) 20 Paladin is going to be more valuable then a straight 20 fighter.

Though if doing class multiclassing with the fighter it becomes way more complex.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Looks like PF:WoTR still in the top most sold steam game https://store.steampowered.com/search/?os=win&filter=globaltopsellers

Anyway, got past of chapter 4 but din't got lichdoom yet. How I dealt with this super powerful bosses? By overpowering then with the most OP persistent spells that I can cast before the fight even being.

BPWuZFA.png

The swarms are only to attack and serve as distraction case he passes all saves, they would't last a second in the area. The unique thing which I will miss from ch 4 is the brothel. hu3hu3h3u "only a complete idiot would demand loyalty from a succubus!", say that for the guys romancing Arueshalae

LzJ1ZxU.png
The suite of special companions for the Lich path is very enticing. Is the Skelechampion removed from the six party limit like a rangers pet, or does he factor in along with the other Companions? FWIR, there's Four Whole Graveguard Pals to collect across the game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is the Skelechampion removed from the six party limit like a rangers pet, or does he factor in along with the other Companions?

I believe that doesn't count for the party limit. But I use my skeleton more like a "healer" dealing negative energy and some times as a distraction. He is not good as my druid's triceratops. He is viable as a tank? Only if you give good gear and buff him. If the triceratops is 10 in strength, I believe that he is 7.

Lich mythic path in this game is 10/10. I still prefer being a vampire lord over a lich, but I can't criticize the lichdom in this game. I would like to be a vampire lord with a shadow familiar instead of a skeleton. Or a giant shadow bat.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Lich mythic path in this game is 10/10. I still prefer being a vampire lord over a lich, but I can't criticize the lichdom in this game. I would like to be a vampire lord with a shadow familiar instead of a skeleton. Or a giant shadow bat.
It does seem an obvious missed opportunity. Why include dhampirs if you're not going to let them become vampires? Though I guess dealing with the actual vampire mechanics would be annoying for a dev to deal with.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Visual Adjustments Mod: https://github.com/BarleyFlour/WrathVisualAdjustmentsMod

You use it to modify the cosmetic appearances of your companion characters, including voice barks, portrait, character doll model and their weapons and armor.

My new Seelah:
zSeelah.png

The only downside is that the voiced story dialog lines will still be in the original VA, and while you can disable voice acting it isn't per-character, so you're stuck with the original VA during dialog scenes.

Perhaps there's a way to delete only Seelah's dialog VA from the game files? I haven't bothered looking yet, maybe it is as simple as that. For new Seelah's voice barks I picked "Queen Galfrey", she sounds cute.
Portrait is hot. Nenio had it in the alpha and I wish that was her human look so at least there’d be something pleasant to look at.

Rieser

Scholar
There's this annoying bug sometimes when making mercenaries where they will not get added to your companions upon completion of the character creation (and the money you paid will be gone as well). I assume there's some kind of feat or whatever that bugs out when picked during creation, but I'm not sure what.

purupuru

Learned
I have encountered a bug with Scaled Fist's CHA AC bonus. Every time I make a save (regardless of normal, quick or auto save), the CHA bonus is set to 1 lower than the correct value. Wearing a CHA headband and then removing it will set the bonus to the correct values but then the bug comes back next time you make a save. I think what happened is the racial bonus get lost somewhere (I'm a halfling).
Did some searching, apparently this bug was in Kingmaker at one point as well?

Last edited:

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
You can search for feats but not items from a shop. Owlcat please add search button for shops k thnx

also, AwesomeButton haste scrolls are dirt cheap from scroll vendor, make sure to buy all the useful cheap ones

Takamori

Learned
Went to the chapter 2, is that fucking gargoyle crusade encounter meant to be a slog? Or I just head bashed against a wall and broke it?

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
You can buy high level scrolls like dragon morph and level 7 summon spells for cheap and use immediately with beginner Magic Device skill at level 3 holy shieeet
:what:

Mauman

Learned
I believe that doesn't count for the party limit. But I use my skeleton more like a "healer" dealing negative energy and some times as a distraction. He is not good as my druid's triceratops. He is viable as a tank? Only if you give good gear and buff him. If the triceratops is 10 in strength, I believe that he is 7.

I know you recommended the dhampir wizard class over Sylvan Sorc, but I had to see if the pets stacked.

They do. It's great. There's even a mythic ability that converts your animal companion into another undead minion so your undead passive bonuses apply.

Also, is there something I'm missing about the Triceratops? The Mastadon has higher strength, dex, and con. It has more attacks. It has a higher natural AC. It even has a higher base speed. Hell, their upgrades are even the same (meaning the Mastadon will ALWAYS have better stats) with the only difference being powerful charge vs trample.

Mauman

Learned
You can buy high level scrolls like dragon morph and level 7 summon spells for cheap and use immediately with beginner Magic Device skill at level 3 holy shieeet
:what:

The cheap and abundant supply of scrolls in this game makes me think that Scroll Savant might be the strongest arcane casting class.

Never mind you can also easily cast divine spells with the class as well.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
What is up with the performance during chargen? Is this a game or a crypto miner?
The character system is so complex that browsing feats on a 2d menu results in framedrops...

Maybe I should wait for some patches/drivers to come out.

Anyway, it's been a while since I played a more involved RPG like this. Hope the gameplay is good enough to make up for the writing...

Can you make themed parties that kind of fit the factions of the world with the premade npc companions, or is it a Deadfire -style random bunch of colorful weirdos who don't really go together at all?

Mortmal

Arcane
Seriously, how do you defend from those babau in Gwerm's mansion?
As usual when you have trouble, cast stinking clouds(precast delay poison on everyone) or pits, or use ray of exhaustion or any stat damage.Have the melee buffed to max , yes its long and a chore.

Balls, brudda, BALLS. You think elf boy is there going all James Blunt over this:

Then he laments it can never be a thing... guess he'll have to settle for one of his own elven kind...

Aww, little manlet boy sure has MY fucking sympathy. Poor little fuckboy ain't gonna know the joys of illogical cross-species sex and post-coitus death. Sooo sad. Everyone cry.
Thank you anon! You are a good anon! I did not understand post anon because I was busy anon maximum soreness anon from Deedlit wife anon! I was! I am blasting anon from Deedlit wife anon! I am! You are a good anon!

Mortmal

Arcane
By the way anyone knows how to set back the siege banner to green ? it supposed to turn red only if some fort is under siege.. Except none are under siege.

Generic-Giant-Spider

What is up with the performance during chargen?

I had a high GPU temperature during chargen, I had to manually reduce frames to 60 FPS in nVidia Control Panel and I think I also changed OpenGL rendering to specifying the GPU instead of use global settings/auto-select and CUDA to my GPU as well. Brought it way down as a result.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They do. It's great.

Yep. I did the lich transformation few minutes ago.

You will be attacked during the transformation and ahve to have party helping you, if you are soloing ,bring the party. After it, your "instructor" will have your phylactery and I only tested one option to give it to him but he remands a price...

So far, the Lich form is not that interesting. And I liked how the fact taht you have philactery is not a good thing and it can be exploited. I will not say how, play the game to discover.

What is silly is that I can use blood infusions from my wiz subclass while a pure bone form.

Now, I will try Legend and make a backup of my save because I wanna see if I can get caster level = 40 with legend. Will play in story mode till I can decide legend in chapter 5(already did a bit of ch 5 as a lich). To be honest, losing my lich spells seems a extremely high cost but lets see what happens.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom