Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.eurogamer.net/the-persona-series-is-coming-to-xbox-and-pc
UPDATE 13/6/22: The Persona series will also be heading to Steam and PS5, although no release date has been given.

A press release shared with Eurogamer states: "These beloved games will also be heading to Steam and PlayStation 5". However, without a release date, this could be a timed exclusive for Xbox and PC.

Persona 4 Golden, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, and Persona 5 Strikers are already available on Steam, so it makes sense to complete the set.

Perkel

Arcane
There go my hopes for a definitive version of Persona 3.

Yeah portables are downgrades. Especially P3P one.

also lol:

unknown.png

Perkel

Arcane
Too late.

Not really.

Persona 5 Royal:

- new female MC to pick
- new character if you play old MC
- they added whole 3rd semester to game which means game increased by 1/3 in size
- complete reworked summons
- two new persons with social links
- overhauled social links (more scenes)
- new animated content
- New events, such as holidays and additional character scenes, have been added to the calendar
- New Personas
- New third form for each party member's Persona
- New enemies
- New weapons
- New armour
- New accessories
- New items
- Two new story endings
- on top of that ton of gameplay changes, reworks to dungeons and bosses, will seeds, grapling hook and ton of stuff more.

It is bigger change than FES was to P3.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Not really.

Persona 5 Royal:

- new female MC to pick
- they added whole 3rd semester to game which means game increased by 1/3 in size
- new animated content
- New events, such as holidays and additional character scenes, have been added to the calendar
- New Personas
- New enemies
- New weapons
- New armour
- New accessories
- New items
- Two new story endings

I am not sure it is worth playing, if you have already played P5.

Mauman

Learned
Not really.

Persona 5 Royal:

- new female MC to pick
uh.....what?

I own P5R and this is not the case?

There's a fan-fiction-esque mod out there (in otherwords, of questionable quality) but there is no official FemC. Also, it's like not even remotely done.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you or something?

Also, good to know that I can skip the Persona 3 port. I'll just stick to my modded to hell and back emulated iso rip of FES. It's probably superiour to whatever Atlus will shit out anyways.

FemC is overrated and I'm one of those weirdos that likes The Answer. Oh, and sound/visuals that don't make me want to rip off my ears and gouge out my eyes.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Not really.

Persona 5 Royal:

- new female MC to pick
- new animated content
- New Personas
- New enemies
- New weapons
- New armour
- New accessories
- New items
- Two new story endings
- on top of that ton of gameplay changes, reworks to dungeons and bosses, will seeds, grapling hook and ton of stuff more.

Christ alive, who'd want to play another 1/3rd of that game?

It was bloated as it was, needed around 1/3rd trimming off it, not adding.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I played P5 on an emulator, borrowed a ps4 to play P5R, and will buy it and play it again on PC. Its probably my favorite jrpg of all time. Complain all you want about it, but no other game is as stylish and I love the soundtrack and waifus

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, Persona 5 is oozing with style, one of those games whose presentation and music direction is so very well done that they makes the game.

Visual novel aspect, time management aspect, and base of the combat are fun in general. I just wish difficulty would be better. Hopefully someone make P5 Royal difficulty mod when it comes to PC

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't know how are they going to convince people to buy P3P if they played 4 and 5 first. It looks and plays much worse.

Honestly most of these port are also targeting people who played 3 in the past but never get P3P because of not having PSP. I buy P4G even though I have finished the game twice on PS2.

P3P itself has certain improvement over base P3 and FES but its more of 1 step forward 3 step back due to limit of PSP. But I am certainly looking forward playing with FeMC and saving Shinji for example.

In general the core gameplay loop of P3 P4 and P5 is pretty much the same. The jump "backwards" even if they play P5 first is not huge like playing P2 or P1 or even SMT3. Persona 3 still holds the best overall narrative and structure and I have 0 doubt that the games could sell well enough.

kain30

Cipher
I loved persona 4 golden on steam. I didn´t know about this game and i bought it blindly. I can´t wait for the release of persona 5 royal.

cruel

Cipher
P4 girls > P5 girls. Ann was the most stereotypical blonde you can imagine. Futaba was weird, can't remember a single thing about Haru, because she was so bland. Only Makoto was decent. Overall the P5 cast sucks and it was the biggest downgrade compared to P4G.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
P4 girls > P5 girls. Ann was the most stereotypical blonde you can imagine. Futaba was weird, can't remember a single thing about Haru, because she was so bland. Only Makoto was decent. Overall the P5 cast sucks and it was the biggest downgrade compared to P4G.

Are you forgetting Shiho, Kasumi, and Tae? Kawakami was pretty good too. Too bad Shiho wasn't a romance option. She was one of the top 5 hottest.

If you're only talking about party members, then sure, no one can match the P4 cast, but they aren't bad. Except Haru. I agree with you on her. Kasumi can match any of the P4 girls though.

Silva

Arcane

Yeah, but Yusuke is best gay chad in series. A shame we can't date him.

cruel

Cipher

Are you forgetting Shiho, Kasumi, and Tae? Kawakami was pretty good too. Too bad Shiho wasn't a romance option. She was one of the top 5 hottest.

If you're only talking about party members, then sure, no one can match the P4 cast, but they aren't bad. Except Haru. I agree with you on her. Kasumi can match any of the P4 girls though.

Didn't play Royal, never met Kasumi :( still waiting some time to forget some things about the game, before committing myself for another 100h+. Not sure how different Royal is compared to the base game. Tae was indeed cool.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron

Didn't play Royal, never met Kasumi :( still waiting some time to forget some things about the game, before committing myself for another 100h+. Not sure how different Royal is compared to the base game. Tae was indeed cool.

Royal makes some small changes to the combat and dungeons, but otherwise its pretty much the same game until the new semester at the end. You do get some Kasumi added in throughout the old stuff but it's mostly just teasing the new content. P5R didn't even fix some of the really retarded stuff like the "Kamoshida is a scum" line. I still didn't regret playing it though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom