Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Seems like it is going well it has 2255 reviews already at steam in 24 hours
This means that a lot of these new buyers have already played the game. Or that they are so brainwashed that they have already an opinion of the game before really playing it.

I don't know which is worse.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Seems like it is going well it has 2255 reviews already at steam in 24 hours
This means that a lot of these new buyers have already played the game. Or that they are so brainwashed that they have already an opinion of the game before really playing it.

I don't know which is worse.
Second time buying the game for me. I just want encourage them to keep releasing games on PC. People crying about the price and denuvo are huge faggots. I already explained why the price is justified and people who complain about the DRM are just butthurt that they can't pirate.

lightbane

Arcane
Enjoy suddenly being unable to play that game when Denuvo servers fall down for maintenance/other reasons.

cruel

Cipher
Complaining about the price of this is retarded. This is a 120-140h AAA game, it's like 50 cents for 1h of gameplay. With all the new shit releasing for $60 and offering 15h campaign, this is a steal in terms of value offered.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Minimum
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790, 3.4 GHz

:hmmm:
So is this port awful or what?
I've got a i5-4690k paired with a gtx 980 and can easily get 60fps at 1440p/max settings (As far as you can say settings, its like 1-2 actual options aside from resolution and AA).

Seen worse recently tbh.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Minimum
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790, 3.4 GHz

:hmmm:
So is this port awful or what?
That CPU is eight years old at this point.
I think its just a rection that comes from hearing *Minimum Requirements*.

But one is best served to remind themselves that *Minimum Requirements* are and have been a bullshit fairytale since the mid-2000's.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Dunno what you guys are complaining about the min specs look pretty low for a modern release, i7-4790/Ryzen 5 1500x and 650 ti/r7 360? Granted those minimum recommended gpus are kind of bullshit imo since it says 720p.

If you can't meet the exacting demands of the recommended base GTX 760 probably time to upgrade your graphics card anyways as support for 700 series and below is being (or already has been) discontinued with exception to the 750 ti because it was a later release.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
I've never really liked JRPGs but when this game first came out years ago all my friends disappeared for a few weeks and came back to talk about mommy doctor gf's or whatever so I decided I'd get the dollar gamepass and see what it's about. Wish me luck :)

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I've never really liked JRPGs but when this game first came out years ago all my friends disappeared for a few weeks and came back to talk about mommy doctor gf's or whatever so I decided I'd get the dollar gamepass and see what it's about. Wish me luck :)
have fun with mommy doctor gf

flyingjohn

Arcane
Be a true bro and romance the teacher instead.

Tyrr

Liturgist
6 years old, but no game I know managed to create an UI design as good as P5. Navigating the menus never feels boring.
Never before (and after) turned based combat felt so fluid and engaging.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
This game is fucking sublime, can't believe the JRPG swamp has a gem like this. If you hate anime then it's definitely not for you, but so far it's a really nice exploration of authority and the way Japanese societies extreme conformity makes people turn a blind eye to abuse. Also it doesn't feel like it's going out of it's way to waste my time like other JRPGs do.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is one of the worse Persona games but the guy who said it has a sublime UI is right, it's excellent.

The big problem with P5 is that it drags and is far, far too easy on the highest difficulty due to the many new systems they added. If you thought P4 on Hard was too easy you are in for a rude awakening; this game practically beats itself. It is so easy it barely feels like like an SMT game. Worse, I honestly thought the dungeons were somewhat uninspired. Are they randomly generated in 4? Yes. But I found their themes and tunes more interesting.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The big problem with P5 is that it drags and is far, far too easy on the highest difficulty due to the many new systems they added. If you thought P4 on Hard was too easy you are in for a rude awakening; this game practically beats itself.

This is issue that started with P4G. The problem is that the fundamental of combat doesn't change (Press Turn Lite) but the player is given too much tools to solve the problems.

To begin with number wise Persona is never going to be on SMT level as people would complain but the stark difference between P3 and PS2 P4 vs P4G is simply because of the "tools creep" from the player. Enemy design also play part of that I guess.

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
PS3 FES Hard is absolutely brutal (which I like!) - feels like you're playing Nocturne.

But yeah, it's all that... Crap they added. All these extra combat things you unlock through social links - but the enemies don't get similar tools.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, this makes the "balancing social and dungeon delving" also a moot point because sans the first dungeon, you can always finish a dungeon in 2 trips and it will result in enough level for next arc/chapter dungeon.

And unfortunately this shit is denuvo'ed. I was hoping hardtype mod to come out. Oh well

Tigranes

Arcane
This is one of the worse Persona games but the guy who said it has a sublime UI is right, it's excellent.

The big problem with P5 is that it drags and is far, far too easy on the highest difficulty due to the many new systems they added. If you thought P4 on Hard was too easy you are in for a rude awakening; this game practically beats itself. It is so easy it barely feels like like an SMT game. Worse, I honestly thought the dungeons were somewhat uninspired. Are they randomly generated in 4? Yes. But I found their themes and tunes more interesting.
Just played P4G for the first time and I'm not sure about that. It was extremely easy as well, gameplay wise more boring due to randomised layouts, and the themes were all pretty narrow and derivative of each other. Seems like the two games share a lot of the same flaws, and then P5 adds some welcome new things and there are some tone/flavour differences.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom