Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Nifft Batuff

Prophet

lightbane

Arcane
The original was still a PS3 title and the Royal edition doesn't seem to change things that much. Including Denuvo is also standard malpractice.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
The original was still a PS3 title and the Royal edition doesn't seem to change things that much. Including Denuvo is also standard malpractice.
They redesigned the dungeons, added the best girl, added an entire season, and made a bunch of other changes. It's pretty different.

lightbane

Arcane
They redesigned the dungeons, added the best girl, added an entire season, and made a bunch of other changes. It's pretty different.
Fair enough, but that would be a 40-50 $ game for me tops, and still doesn't justify DRMuvo.

60 € AND Denuvo for a PS3 game. Fuck you Atlus!
It's easier to emulate the Switch version. Not that I'm promoting piracy, just discussing hypotheticals.

That's an option, if you don't mind going with extra-legal options.

Don't have game pass and I'm not sure if it would work for me with my shit internet connection, but that's an option, I guess.

Terra

Cipher
Given Atlus' recent penchant for delivering years late ports of old games at full price, this time I am seriously considering the game pass route, in all likelihood I'll play this through once to experience the new content then not touch it again for years, so no real reason to pay the Atlus tax. PS4 physical version is less than half the asking price on Amazon, which says it all really. Several of these Japanese RPG developers/pubs seem to think digital goods should a)cost equal to/more than the physical good b)hold their original retail price in perpetuity, and I just don't feel like paying that to Atlus for what is essentially an expansion, ported to PC way too late in the day. Similarly, you look at anything in Square's recent JRPG portfolio and it's all just too pricey for the digital version of what it is (even new, unproven, untested IPs bizarrely command an equal price tag as big names; Octopath's sat at £50 since launch for example, Project Triangle just launched at the same), with base prices steep enough that even 50% discounts aren't all that tempting, whereas a lower, more considered base price with a lower discount might attract some impulse buys to test the water.

Last edited:

cruel

Cipher
This is one of the worst games to play on Gamepass, mostly because of the length. If you're planning to beat it in one month, better prepare for 4h+ daily sessions.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Machocruz

Arcane
If you play games somewhat regularly, I think GP is worth signing up for a few months. You can probably play through P5 and a couple others in 4 months, about the price of one, full priced retail game. If you actually have a life and only dabble a couple hours a week, then not.

Now that it's on GP, I'm super tempted. But i've already sunk at least 100 hours each in the last three games I started on there. I am a no-lifer, but I'm not trying to get an S rank in having no life.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I typically won’t buy games ‘til they’re deep in the bargain bin, but I thought I’d grab this up for a SMT fix as I enjoyed P1-4 for what they were, and Soul Hackers 2 looked bland and overpriced (+dlc bs)

Runs great on a 1050ti, but first hour does not bode very well. I’m tempted to get a refund.. maybe I’m just in the mood for dungeon-crawling and not anime exposition today

Presentation is nice and the OST is damn catchy though

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
You can't disable the Item DLC. Come on ATLUS.... Whole fucking inventory is cluttered with shit, and you can't access the costumes without claming the items too. Also, I can't stand the new Ambush soundtrack, and the only way to change it are the costumes. REEEEEEEEEEE....

:majordecline:

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Pro tip: Turns out the game doesn't recognize Windows system scaling or what to do about it.

1. If the game looks like soup and is full of aliasing and shimmering when you first boot it up it's because you have your Windows at higher than 100% scaling, like me, I use 125%.
2. Checking the game's executable's option for "set scaling by the application" doesn't work (it's what normally resolves this problem in other games).

Found the solution by using Special K, it has an option that forces the program to ignore Windows scaling and ignore DPI. Fixed it right up and the game immediately looked 100 times better, all the shimmer and aliasing was gone and it no longer looked like muddy soup.

You can download Special K by googling "download SpecialK", then download the Global Injector, select Persona 5 from its game menu and launch it while having CONTROL + SHIFT depressed; when the game launches select the option "Inject DLL Wrapper", it will then close itself. Now when you launch the game again you don't need to go through the Global Injector, it will already be injected locally.

You won't even have to change any options either, SpecialK comes with the relevant DPI/Scaling Ignore option already enabled by default. You will immediately notice the game has less aliasing and it looks 100 times better.

Note that all of this only applies if you run Windows at higher than 100% scaling. If your game looks like crap and you use 100% scaling already (you've never changed it), then it's something else and has nothing to do with this.

EDIT: And yes this works on the Game Pass version, that's what I'm playing on and I was worried it wouldn't allow DLL injection but it does if you use the process I outlined above.

Last edited:

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Let's sell at full price of a new game, a game that was available for free through ps3 emulation, that will go well.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Let's sell at full price of a new game, a game that was available for free through ps3 emulation, that will go well.

It's a different game though. Not sure what you're getting at here.

Tyrr

Liturgist
You can't disable the Item DLC. Come on ATLUS.... Whole fucking inventory is cluttered with shit, and you can't access the costumes without claming the items too. Also, I can't stand the new Ambush soundtrack, and the only way to change it are the costumes. REEEEEEEEEEE....

:majordecline:
Also getting the 100k money and all the items makes the early game way too easy.
I just don't touch the box until way later into the game.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
It's a different game though. Not sure what you're getting at here.
Let's sell at full price of a new game, a game that is available for free through Switch emulation, that will go well.

Seems like it is going well it has 2255 reviews already at steam in 24 hours + Microsoft money.

But Atlus fans are generally retarded with buying their products no matter how shitty practices they are implementing

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom