Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Codex Year of the Donut
Does the Troubadour bonus even do anything in turn-based mode? It has the same linger times as a regular chanter.
It seems the passive is useless(? You might be able to boost the linger to 2 rounds with really high INT) but the toggle(Brisk Recitation) does something not listed on the tooltip -- it will sing two phrases in a single round.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm almost done with my playthrough, only the mega bosses remain. But are they worth it? They have retarded amounts of HP. Even by upscaled PotD standards.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
Beleranga and Sigilmaster Auranic are the best bosses in the series. Huami O Whe is the worst.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
They have retarded amounts of HP. Even by upscaled PotD standards.

None of the megabosses have more than 2000 HP on PotD.

When people complain about health sponges in Deadfire, they're actually complaining about high deflection/armor.

Last edited:

Vityaz

Augur
Can anyone find me those new portraits? The first and the last one.

I think the first one is the concept art of Corvo from Dishonored. No idea about the second one.

738e5ff6448072b665a2e054861371e0c4207bb4_hq.jpg

2house2fly

Magister
Hauani o Whe may not have over 2000HP but since it's actually 31 creatures each with over 100HP I think that counts too

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I stand corrected about Dorudugan, but none of the other megabosses have more than 2000 hp (Beleranga only has 1000)

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And finished it, all DLC included (PotD and upscaling, RTwP). It was quite challenging at times. Unfortunately enemy HP bloat with upscaling is real, as has been pointed out in this thread repeatedly. Due to this, classes with regenerating resources enjoy quite the advantage (Cypher, Chanter). A difficulty setting with regular PotD HP but scaled damage would be more enjoyable. The DLC areas and fights were all good fun.

purpleblob

Savant
So it this better with TB combat or meh regardless of which combat mode you play with? And don't bother answering back, Safav, your opinion don't mean a thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom