Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Why don't we have a codex review yet ?
Understandable absence of motivation from the redactor ? Some "let's wait a fix and see" stance from the staff ? Juicy chit chat in backstage about how infinitron is a sellout and/or how roxor lost it ?

Prime Junta

Understandable absence of motivation from the redactor ? Some "let's wait a fix and see" stance from the staff ? Juicy chit chat in backstage about how infinitron is a sellout and/or how roxor lost it ?

Can't speak for anyone else, but I haven't submitted a review because I haven't finished the damn thing yet. Real life intervened big time and I've only been able to play this seriously for, like, a week or two, and that not as seriously as I'd like.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

I'm planning to do one but I'm lazy when it comes to writing - I've lagged to much that it's almost DLC time. I guess I'll look and that and will do it afterwards.

To give you a glimpse:
It's a mess.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Can't speak for anyone else, but I haven't submitted a review because I haven't finished the damn thing yet. Real life intervened big time and I've only been able to play this seriously for, like, a week or two, and that not as seriously as I'd like.
You submit reviews? I always thought that reviews are just posted in the thread and some made it to the frontpage or somewhere similar.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I'm gonna take a wild guess that nobody wants to review it because the game is actually good, so they don't want to lose their street cred of top hat wearing monocled RPG connoisseurs.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Roxor has done neutral-positive reviews. He'll be fine as long as he follows it up with an edgefest, which shouldn't be a problem.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Parts of the game are pretty good, clear improvements over PoE1 and it would be worthwhile to analyze those.
While other parts are just downright terrible and it would be equally worththile to tear them apart.

How to judge the game as a whole is more difficult, IMO.

I wrote a totally incomplete Steam review if anyone wants to read at least *something*.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I also see some sort of time travelling lore visioning stuff happening for players to re-live the events that were more interesting than actual story as players were asking all the time I guess

It seems like they finally took my advice to make the Watcher readings either playable or being able to see them in-game. If they make it playable, they'll finally use the only interesting thing in Eora's history and we'll be fucked after that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Well there are a few good reviews around pages 110-140 of this thread,i do remember that i wrote a fast one back when it came out.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I just can't get over the fact that Josh decided to neuter the main quest as some sort of individualistic screed against heroic fantasy norms. Bad enough that he felt the pirate/souls game was a great time to (very very superficially) explore/analyze early colonialism, but then he also decided player agency was basically unimportant. And he can't understand why people are bothered by that?

Given how schizophrenic the game feels, I wonder how much time he even spent in the office, let alone coordinating with the designers and writers.

JES needs to go make his indie, historical RPG, and let someone else direct future AAA (or... let's be honest... AA or even just A) RPGs.

/rant :D

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
439.gif

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
“A lot of it is frost and snow and ice early on,” Scokel says. “And polar bears.”
update-52-screenshot-3-thumb.jpg

Furious about the direction the franchise is going. :(

In all seriousness, it's sad when a charismatic megafauna gets killed because of human error. That said, "do not seek out charismatic megafauna unless you are part of the megafauna elite" seems like a bad policy for long-term conservation. People should marvel at nature, but maybe not in a way that requires it to get shot.

Fairfax

Arcane
Environments in the trailer look generic and have much less detail than ones in the base game (perhaps even TWM). I don't think half-assed mid-game expansions will help much, but I guess Obsidian has decided it's time to cut corners and save money. :M

aweigh

Arcane
polar bears are dangerous af

i saw FORTITUDE so i know all about it ok STAY IN YOUR LANE SAWYER!!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom