Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Piotrovitz

Savant
Not sure how long it's supposed to take though been over two days and the log still tells me there's "2 turns" left, whatever that means.
Stronghold turns are tied to your xp gain and completed quests, meaning if you just spam rest at the inn nothing will happen.
Just continue exploration/side quests and the turn will eventually pass.
For that reason it is more beneficial to min max it and in early game before doing too many quests, invest all free money (like from selling Raedric soldiers plate armor) into the keep to boost its stats. The higher the stats of the keep, the higher the tier of adventures. With harder adventures giving the most powerful unique.
Technically yes, but in practice it doesn't matter, as most of the stronghold quests loot is average.
Only exception is helwax mold, the trinket that allows you to duplicate any other weapon/armor.

Piotrovitz

Savant
So i was thinking of actually giving the Cannon Belt to Durance.

So far i had him just stand next to my melees hitting people with the staff but mostly it's because some of his buffs have a short radius and i wanted to make sure he covers the melees. At this point though, since he is up there hitting people, why not give him a boost to melee as well. The fully upgrated belt is a monster with all the stats it gives you (in fact it seems broken. 3 might, 2 dex and 2 intellect all at once? Jebus). Seemed perfect for my pally but Firebrand is gonna get neglected eventually (i think, especially once i reach the dual Bittercut meta at the end), while for Durance it seems like a very good weapon and would fit with the whole Magran theme (Margan uses a 1h sword but close enough).
Man, you are overthinking this shit too much.

What difficulty are you playing on?
If anything below POTD then nothing really matters re party comp/builds/gear etc - you can roll with whatever suits you and still be able to steamroll everything.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I'm not sure if he would steamroll on Story Mode if he coludn't hack it in Guilded Vale without making full party of customs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm not sure if he would steamroll on Story Mode if he coludn't hack it in Guilded Vale without making full party of customs.

Eh, it took me a few levels to understand the mechanics as well when I first played it. But once you do that, everything below PotD is nonsense, yes

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i was thinking of actually giving the Cannon Belt to Durance.

So far i had him just stand next to my melees hitting people with the staff but mostly it's because some of his buffs have a short radius and i wanted to make sure he covers the melees. At this point though, since he is up there hitting people, why not give him a boost to melee as well. The fully upgrated belt is a monster with all the stats it gives you (in fact it seems broken. 3 might, 2 dex and 2 intellect all at once? Jebus). Seemed perfect for my pally but Firebrand is gonna get neglected eventually (i think, especially once i reach the dual Bittercut meta at the end), while for Durance it seems like a very good weapon and would fit with the whole Magran theme (Margan uses a 1h sword but close enough).
Man, you are overthinking this shit too much.

What difficulty are you playing on?
If anything below POTD then nothing really matters re party comp/builds/gear etc - you can roll with whatever suits you and still be able to steamroll everything.

I don't get comments likes this. It's an RPG, and character building is part of the point of playing those games. What am i supposed to do, pick up skills at random when leveling up, or just go by the titles without even reading up on what the various talents do? Hell, maybe i shouldn't even bother picking up items, right? Just have my guys fight butt naked while i'm at it.

For the record, yes, i'm playing on PoTD with Expert Mode turned on.

BTW, i reloaded a few times and apparently you can either get some keep bonuses if you turn in the thief or you can help her and get a cape for your trouble. I think i'll keep the cape as it's kinda unique and i want to see if i can play around with it.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

On my first attempt two years ago, i cleared Raedric Hold with a party of four but took me a billion reloads and eventually i couldn't get past the last fight until i went to pick up Kana and came back with a party of five.

This time i made a party of six from the get go so i didn't have to reload so much. You gonna get six by the end of act 1 so why not. Gave me an opportunity to try some classes early on that aren't available until much later in the game. I noticed for instance the barbarian compaion is fairly later and it's a wombyn which means i probably would have benched her as soon as i get her, so i'm satisfied i got some milage out of my custom guy before i got to shelf him.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
PoE's new patch is live btw
Requires downloading the entire game all over again. This 2 days after I reinstalled the game. Thanks Obsidian!
They have apparently finally fixed the obnoxious "loud CLANG as you quit back to the main menu" bug
Lol, they do this just so that it comes up in people's feeds around the time of the next Avowed event. This too intellingent for Obsidian, I bet MS set them to do it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/291650/view/4184486801764642338
Build 1.3.7.1377 Patch Notes
The player log file has been moved by Unity and it can be found in the following location:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity

It has been renamed player.log

General:

We have updated to Unity Version 2019.4.11.
Updated graphics to DirectX 11.
Fixed an issue where backer rewards would appear or unlock incorrectly.
Also fixed a case where backer rewards might not unlock at all for users in the public beta.
Corrected save file location for the public beta (You should no longer need to move save files into a _Local_ directory for them to show up correctly).

Navigation:

Fixed areas that could not be navigated in numerous scenes.
The lake in Cayron's Scar should no longer be unintentionally traversable when submerged.
Fixed some cases where NPCs would become stuck when pathing during cutscenes.
Fixed some cases where NPCs would walk or run in place during cutscenes.
Fixed a handful of doors throughout various scenes that could be walked through due to lacking proper collision.

Visual and Audio:

Fixed multiple cases where characters might T-Pose briefly at the beginning of a cutscene.
Fixed an issue where paperdolls in character creation and inventory screens might appear blurry.
Overwhelming Wave should more reliably play its visual effects.
Fixed VFX issues with the Woodskin spell rotating or attaching incorrectly.
Symbols western chamber of Lle a Rhemen should now properly light up when expected.
Fixed redundant horn audio playing after the battle of Yenwood.
Fixed an issue where attempting to open locked containers could play multiple voice lines at once.
Fixed a handful of cases where dialogue audio wouldn’t play when certain nodes were re-triggered.
VFX will no longer become displaced when a character teleports or uses a movement ability.
Unstrung Bow’s visuals will now properly appear on the ground when discovered.
Soul Whip VFX are no longer lost on save/load or transitions.
Penetrating Shot, Vulnerable Attack, Savage Attack, and similar VFX should no longer be lost on save/load or transitions.
Released soul VFX in Sun in Shadow should now display correctly.
Fixed an issue with Ninagauth’s Freezing Pillar VFX overlapping other visuals.
Gafonercos will remain correctly positioned after completing certain attacks.
Potion of Fleet Feet now properly plays a drinking animation.
Reading from scrolls and rites will now position the scroll correctly in the reader’s hands.
Fixed an issue that would cause water VFX to display improperly in certain areas.

Quests and Dialogue:

Ready the Cannons side quest should now properly update its objectives.
Dialogue from Buried Secrets quest should no longer allow the player to demand their payment more than once.
Fixed an issue where multiple barked lines in Gilded Vale could overlap excessively.
Fixed an issue where Eder’s bark lines in the Temple of Eothas may end abruptly.
Fixed a case where Calisca could trigger the wrong bark line near the camp inside Cilant Lîs.
Fixed bark lines in Defiance Bay cutting short after their first line.
Crag Ogres in Flames-That-Whisper Cavern should now more reliably play their banter on approach.
Prisoners in Icantha’s house should no longer respawn in certain cases after save/load.

Combat and Mechanics:

Earth Blights should no longer sometimes detach from their selection circles when dominated.
Scroll of Ray of Fire should now appear correctly and more accurately match the behavior of the Ray of Fire spell.
Fixed a case where manually resolving stronghold combat could sometimes yield no rewards.
Fixed a case where prone characters might try to move while prone, resulting in sliding behavior.
Concelhaut’s Draining Missiles should no longer occasionally show 0.0 damage in the combat log.
Weapon Specialization: Peasant should now reliably add its damage to unarmed attacks.
Fixed some cases where the Halt spell might confuse enemy AI, causing them to repeatedly interrupt and re-attempt their own actions.
Removed errant untargetable Xaurip that could sometimes appear in Dyrford Crossing.
Fixed a case where Sleafhota might teleport to an alternate location mid-dialogue before attacking the player.
Attacking Osrya directly will now reliably engage with her revenant and skeleton minions.
Fixed a case where all survival camping bonuses might appear after spending only a single skill rank on Survival.
One-Eyed Molina’s Gold-Fingered Spike-Flinger’s last two soulbound upgrades now increase Reload Speed instead of decreasing it.
Deadfire Pack’s soulbound weapons now have the Universal weapon group.
Fixed an issue with status effects from old saves duplicating when loaded on newer builds.
Battle-Forged Godlike racial ability should no longer trigger a hit on the owner when non-hostile abilities are used (E.g. Second Wind).
Caedebald’s Blackbow and Llengrath’s Blunt Wisdom are now of the universal weapon type.
Stalker’s Torc item should now apply and display its effects correctly.
Psychic and Brutal Backlash now correctly respect their per encounter rules.
St. Ydwen’s Redeemer no longer displays “Destroys Vessels” activations in the combat log when not fighting a vessel.
Scroll of Minoletta’s Minor Missiles will now better match the effects of the origin spell.

User Interface and Interaction:

Fixed a UI issue where chants could sometimes clip beyond their scrolling frame.
Fixed a case where the damage type icon on the character sheet might not position correctly.
Fixed some cases where assigning companions to multiple stronghold missions at once might cause UI issues.
Quick loading with the crafting or enchanting UI open should no longer result in a permanent black screen.
Fixed a typo in the description of Animal Companions.
Fixed an issue where highlighting certain parts of a defeated enemy would not allow you to loot them.
Doors in some scenes that were difficult to interact with have had their collision revised and should now be more reliable.
Fixed a case where the final pressure plate in the Temple of Woedica would not appear.
Examining the wall trophy inside of Elm’s Reach should now be possible.
Skipping intros when first starting the client should now be more responsive.
Fixed accuracy tooltips not appearing on the character sheet.
Interactable tree in the Abbey of the Fallen Moon now can be interacted with properly.
Fixed a bug preventing interactable highlights from appearing after opening the map.
Fixed an issue that caused tooltips to sometimes shake in the UI

Known Issues:

Displayed version numbers across platforms for this release are not accurate. (Don’t worry, all content is the same between versions!)

Steam builds incorrectly display 3.4.xxxx.

Displayed version: 1.3.4.1377
Accurate Version: 1.3.7.1377

This issue has been resolved for the next release, and all platforms should use the same version numbers going forward.

This update is currently unavailable for OSX & Linux. We are investigating bringing these platforms up to speed as part of a future patch.

chuft

Augur
I am using direct shortcut and Steam "update on launch only" to avoid the update breaking my current IE mod game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Also, what does updating the Unity and DirectX version practically mean? Better loading times, better performance, what?

chuft

Augur
Probably puts a chatbot in there to try to talk you into opting in to Recall spying and ads.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Consider the probable reasons why this patch was developed and released in the first place: Compatibility and compliance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom