Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

AshenNedra

Educated
Sagani or Devil of Caroc are usually the best to sacrifice.
Mechanically, Devil of Caroc definitely ; except if you intend to get the breastplate in Poe 2

AshenNedra

Educated

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Oh come on the bridge to Defiance Bay is down lmao.

Just bought the Deadfire belt thingy and bound it to my pally. In hindsight i should have gotten it before clearing Caed Nua 1-5 but whatever, what's done is done.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Serious question, how often did it happen in pre-industrial times that citizens would just not be allowed into the most major city of the area for one reason or another?

Bridge being down is a stupid reason, why can't you just use a boat?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Serious question, how often did it happen in pre-industrial times that citizens would just not be allowed into the most major city of the area for one reason or another?

Bridge being down is a stupid reason, why can't you just use a boat?

The Orlan merchant mentions she was ferrying people with a boat, but the storm took her vessel out as well. Apparently, the whole city relied on her alone lol.

BTW, i totally killed the peasants looting her shit. Bitches needed to know their place.

I now recruited Sagani and ditched my custom ranger guy. Since i had him build as a cliched legolas type, i'm thinking of building Sagani as a beast master of sort instead, but her fox looks kinda of frail. Voice acting for this character is pretty generic. How is this a dwarf woman? She sounds like generic stronk wombyn.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You are going to have a field day with her lore. As for building her as a beast master, I don't know whether that is even possible. Iirc, there aren't enough talents for that.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You are going to have a field day with her lore. As for building her as a beast master, I don't know whether that is even possible. Iirc, there aren't enough talents for that.

Well, i'm going to pick Predatory Sense, Merciless & Vicious companion and Stalker's Link (i got a thing called Stalker's Tolc in the inn in Gilded Vale so i gotta use it on something). I also got Resilient Companion.

The rest can go on Sagani's own damage. I got a bow in Caed Nua that seems better than what she's got too.

Basically, the pet is going to act as a rogue of sort and damage buff bot for the ranger. Gonna try to get off the urge to use the pet as a meat shield to extend fights between rests. Too cheesy, and too relying on Kana as a tactic due to his free summons. Besides, i just noticed that the potion that gives you temporary 50 health and 50 endurance outright heals you. Just used it to take out a whole gang of lions and before the fight Eder was in the yellow and after he went back to green. So basically he actually got health back, which seems like a bug to me.

Last edited:

Piotrovitz

Savant
Sagani's pretty good, despite her stat allocation she's probably better than custom merc, due to her +10 acc against wilders.

Pet starts weak, but with couple of levels and talents that buff him a bit he's kind of a mini rogue - squishy, requiring lots of micro, but can dish out good dmg. Plus he doesn't have health bar, so even if he's down in a fight, he recovers with full endurance every time.

Anyway, once she gets the soulbound bow from WM1 + driving flight and twin arrows talents later on it's basically game over, as you can keep whole screen perma-stunned. If you want to keep any semblance of challenge, stick to Persistence (synergizes well with Merciless Companion) or some longbow.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So now i got full story companions, which means all my custom guys are shelved permanently. I did send the barb on his own quest though, which was cute. Not sure how long it's supposed to take though been over two days and the log still tells me there's "2 turns" left, whatever that means. He is supposed to come back with 300 gold, 15% XP (to whom, him or the rest of us?) and some minor item. I'm also curious if the stats matter for those imaginary quests. Should i deck all the custom guys with gear, make sure they are at max level etc?

Piotrovitz

Savant
AFAIK the stronghold quests don't have any requirements for chars you allocate to them - one of the things that devs didn't give a shit and feels unfinished.

I always send some custom made low level butt naked merc and they always get back with XP and some minor loot. Don't think there's even a possibility to fail those quests.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Neither their gear nor level matters. The xp you get from the quests are afaik for the adventurer only and it's a % of the experience your party has gathered while the adventurer was on their quest.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Not sure how long it's supposed to take though been over two days and the log still tells me there's "2 turns" left, whatever that means.
Stronghold turns are tied to your xp gain and completed quests, meaning if you just spam rest at the inn nothing will happen.
Just continue exploration/side quests and the turn will eventually pass.

Lacrymas

Arcane
So, I inexplicably have the desire to do a LotR-themed playthrough of this gaem after LyricSuite wrote he created a Legolas-type character. Frodo will be the PC (Rogue), accompanied by Sam (Rogue), Legolas (Ranger?), Aragorn (Paladin?), Gimli (Fighter) and Gandalf (Wizard). Since it's a gimmick run, I'm going to be playing on hardcore expert mode and will be replacing fallen comrades with other members of the fellowship and important characters from the books, mainly Eowyn (Fighter) and Arwen (Priest). I expect to fail very fast due to limited spellcasters in the group.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You are going to have a field day with her lore.

I exhausted her dialog, and this is what i got so far:

1) In her tribe the women go hunt and the men stay at home and raise the children, which is even more utterly retarded than Kana's muh other cultures l1brul screed.
2) Dwarves in this game are inuit people for some reason.
3) Apparently her quest involves looking out for some elder reborn in another body, for the purpose of... reminding him of his deeds? To have a celebration? I didn't get the point or the purpose.
4) Lot's of info about her village's traditions, geography, customs, and lot's of other shit i couldn't give less than two fucks about.

Kana's motivations feel more well defined. He is a l1brul who wants to bring multikult to his ever growing conservative country. At least i can understand the point of what he wants to do.

Eder has some doubts about his brother and his role in the war, and has to deal with his faith and having had to fight against his own "god".

Aloth i even forgot what his deal is. He hasn't had any extra dialog since the first time i talked to him, except for one time when he wanted to talk during night time, but didn't say much. I got that he has awakened but so far i was given no opportunity to confront him about it. He added a comment while i was talking to the Dozens guy holding a rally in Defiance Bay that suggests adra manipulation or animancy has something to do with what happened to him. Given that animancy is banned in the Adyr empire, i'm going out of a limb and assume he was playing with things he wasn't supposed to play with and got more than he bargained for and had to flee when discovered.

Durance so far has been the most interesting one i got but his dialog seems to be locked behind resting and the way the mechanic works is a bit annoying. You have to retrace past dialog lines in order to see if something new has popped up but doing so shortens the time you can talk to him, so you have to wait for the next time you rest (or reload several time to see if you are actually getting anything new).

So far that's what i got.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
The main quest almost forces Aloth's quest on you, so you'll see it before too long. You don't meet my favorite companion until White March, but his quest is meh.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Lel, stupid little kid, tricked him in revealing the secret so i could keep the knife for myself. Didn't shake him since i didn't want to cause a scene, but the dumb brat had what was coming to him. Plus, imagine giving a little kid a knife i probably did him a favor.

Time to go beat the crap out of that wife beater guy.

[EDIT] So out of curiosity i tried to see what would happen if i got the "secret" before talking to the kid, and lo and behold, i was given an option to make the kid cry. Hahaha, noice.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Lel, stupid little kid, tricked him in revealing the secret so i could keep the knife for myself. Didn't shake him since i didn't want to cause a scene, but the dumb brat had what was coming to him. Plus, imagine giving a little kid a knife i probably did him a favor.

Time to go beat the crap out of that wife beater guy.

[EDIT] So out of curiosity i tried to see what would happen if i got the "secret" before talking to the kid, and lo and behold, i was given an option to make the kid cry. Hahaha, noice.
For all its flaws, being a sadistic piece of shit is a lot of fun in this game.

They mostly got rid of that in the sequel along with the white people.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ayy, so the Barbarian came back, with 2600 XP and a +2 constitution belt. Not bad actually.

Some faggot in Defiance Bay is now claiming ownership over my keep i guess i gotta go back to kick some more ass.

I also did some quest about a guy sellin svef etc. Killed everything and everybody, got some +2 intellect, +1 resolve necklace which is pretty damn good.

Lacrymas

Arcane
If it's the event I'm thinking of, you can delay that until you get more allies. You maybe should delay it because the fight might be impossible at this low a level and with no allies to soften the opposing army.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i was thinking of actually giving the Cannon Belt to Durance.

So far i had him just stand next to my melees hitting people with the staff but mostly it's because some of his buffs have a short radius and i wanted to make sure he covers the melees. At this point though, since he is up there hitting people, why not give him a boost to melee as well. The fully upgrated belt is a monster with all the stats it gives you (in fact it seems broken. 3 might, 2 dex and 2 intellect all at once? Jebus). Seemed perfect for my pally but Firebrand is gonna get neglected eventually (i think, especially once i reach the dual Bittercut meta at the end), while for Durance it seems like a very good weapon and would fit with the whole Magran theme (Margan uses a 1h sword but close enough).

Technomancer

Liturgist
Not sure how long it's supposed to take though been over two days and the log still tells me there's "2 turns" left, whatever that means.
Stronghold turns are tied to your xp gain and completed quests, meaning if you just spam rest at the inn nothing will happen.
Just continue exploration/side quests and the turn will eventually pass.
For that reason it is more beneficial to min max it and in early game before doing too many quests, invest all free money (like from selling Raedric soldiers plate armor) into the keep to boost its stats. The higher the stats of the keep, the higher the tier of adventures. With harder adventures giving the most powerful unique.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom