Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Possible Valve's next game: Deadlock (rumors gaining traction)

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Valve as a game maker has been in the ground for a while. This is the shitty, moldy little flower budding from its grave mound.
Counter Strike and DOTA2 basically had sequels released, Valve just chose to relaunch it within the same game rather than sell a separate Counter Strike 2 and DOTA3. These seem competent.
Underlords and Artifact were both scrapped, because they weren't monetarily viable (?), but as software they were competent. I actually don't remember Valve ever releasing bad games. They released failed games, but those failed not due to lack of quality, rather due to lack of support, like TeamFort2. They were sank by Valve themselves.

ind33d

Learned
A DOTA-like that was 3rd person with gyro instead of top-down would be a killer app for the Steam Deck. It is a little weird the Deck doesn't have any exclusives

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm trying to keep an open mind here...
deadlock.jpg

ind33d

Learned
This started as "Neon Prime", a Half-Life/Combine world set far in the future. Apparently, the beta testers didn' like it, and so now we get this. I'm trying to keep an open mind here...
"didn't like it," more like sweetb*by said to change it because it portrayed communism and homosexuality in a negative light

like valve would choose not to use its own multi-million dollar IP, lmao

why do you think half-life 3 mysteriously never comes out? headcrab lives matter, racist!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

why do you think half-life 3 mysteriously never comes out?

Why didn't they though?

To be honest it IS wierd given the hype this series used to have. It's the strangest decision ever made by any company i can think of.

Rövtomte

Literate
This started as "Neon Prime", a Half-Life/Combine world set far in the future. Apparently, the beta testers didn' like it, and so now we get this. I'm trying to keep an open mind here...
"didn't like it," more like sweetb*by said to change it because it portrayed communism and homosexuality in a negative light

like valve would choose not to use its own multi-million dollar IP, lmao

why do you think half-life 3 mysteriously never comes out? headcrab lives matter, racist!
Considering that Sweetbaby inc has Valve as a "client" on their page. I wouldn't be surprised lol.

Jacov

Educated
This is apparently one of Deadlock's previous iterations. Visuals look even worse than previous leak, so I guess testers that gave them feedback on it did a good job?

PlayerEmers

Educated
New stuff:

Honestly... despite things looking a little bit lackluster, Im tempted to give them the benefit of doubt.
Its too early to tell, this is still an alpha, things will change. But seeing actual moving gameplay is making me more hopeful.

What is giving me hope is that it has monday night combat vibes to it, which is a game I really liked. The aesthetics are way different but both share the same core features.
If you dont know wtf is monday night combat, well...

:salute:totalbiscuit got you covered

Cogemesiter

Novice
>3rd person
>hero shooter
>moba
Wtf. Smite and Paragon already exist, and Battleborn ended up flopping. This somehow looks worse than Overwatch, which is already a lackluster mimic of TF2 so why even bother with this slop?

Rövtomte

Literate
Much as I like to be open-minded with it. It really looks and feels generic. We've had so many hero shooters come and go. What will make this one any different from the pile of shite even if it is from the pc "gods" themselves?

PlayerEmers

Educated
Game has some sort of visual novel style comics. Just like TF2 and DOTA 2 comics except the comics are ingame.

image.png

image.png

Gerrard

Arcane
Game has some sort of visual novel style comics. Just like TF2 and DOTA 2 comics except the comics are ingame.

image.png

image.png
Conventionally attractive female spotted (showing off her big tits too), can't be a real game made in $currentyear. Is it a troon?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom