Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

Reinhardt

Arcane
The hell is all the ruckus about? You can literally use the same exact email you registered with as a 2FA.

Judging by Iren's bitching on ormacord, a lot of codexers created new email accounts for the Codex and then threw away the passwords.
my codex email don't even exist anymore!:argh:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I like how Infinitron hacked TBS's Location message to say what it says now.

Edit: He changed it back. It once read, "Have you enabled two-factor authentication yet?"

Last edited:

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Ban darkpatriot for causing this mess
Probably unnecessary, as he has already sent a message saying he's not interested in opting into 2FA.
RIP darkpatriot
I actually found that you can do 2 Factor Authentication using the existing email you registered with, while I had thought you needed to link a second email, which wasn't going to happen. I will probably log in less as it is more annoying to do so now, but it isn't a complete non-starter.

In any case, shame on you all for victim blaming rather than blaming the person who actually committed the vile deed.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh The Brazilian Slaughter, have you looked at your post history recently?
I just did, saw nothing strange.

Did something happen? Or is it already fixed?

Bro:

BXXJODg.png

All deleted about 22 hours ago.

Ryzer

Arcane
Can you just give us the permission to permanently delete a post from the server too? or it is just kept forever just in case for a Mossad trial?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Codexers are such obnoxious, whiny little babies.

There is a very real problem of retards hacking accounts and deleting posts, and I don't think anyone is going to dispute that. So the question is, how do we fix that problem? We can either implement a measure which hampers a persons ability to delete their posts, or we can enforce 2FA.

Being able to delete my posts is a far more important freedom than having to use 2FA one every thirty days, or even every time I login. Most Codexers are old losers, but I like the fact that I can delete every single one of my posts with a script if I get into a JarlFrank situation. I'll gladly do 2FA to preserve that right.

Also, even as someone who supports Russia in this current conflict, hacking into peoples accounts and deleting their posts is completely fucking retarded. Even more retarded is deleting all their posts, many of which are unrelated to the actual conflict itself.

Last edited:
Uh The Brazilian Slaughter, have you looked at your post history recently?
I just did, saw nothing strange.

Did something happen? Or is it already fixed?

Bro:

BXXJODg.png

All deleted about 22 hours ago.
MOTHERFUCKERS-

Can you guys recover them from server backups? Quality posting is hard work.

Also lmao at dudes getting their hands on my profile and the best they can do is... delete a few posts? No vandalizing my profile with affirmations that I am a faggot homo who loves cock? The fuck is this garbage quality troll hacking, russian hackers suck and are a bunch of niggers. Total amateur hour, but we're speaking of russian copers here.

Wow good job russian homos hacking a sixteen years old password that's so old it can sexually consent. You truly are the hacker know as 4chan.
I also changed my password for safety's sake, used a fresh new one. Let's see them pwn THAT one.
You cannot beat me snowniggers, I am THE Brazilian Slaughter!

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Probably unnecessary, as he has already sent a message saying he's not interested in opting into 2FA.
RIP darkpatriot
I actually found that you can do 2 Factor Authentication using the existing email you registered with, while I had thought you needed to link a second email, which wasn't going to happen. I will probably log in less as it is more annoying to do so now, but it isn't a complete non-starter.

In any case, shame on you all for victim blaming rather than blaming the person who actually committed the vile deed.

It still makes you enter the code every time you login. I will not give my actual personal email to codex, so now I have to log in to my fucking burner email everytime I login to codex, which is annoying. This will most certainly kill the forum.

I think a better solution would just be banning all vatniks.

Melcar

Arcane
RIP darkpatriot

It still makes you enter the code every time you login. I will not give my actual personal email to codex, so now I have to log in to my fucking burner email everytime I login to codex, which is annoying. This will most certainly kill the forum.

I think a better solution would just be banning all vatniks.

So you were using a personal email account? What a moron.

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
Lol didn't even recognize the mail I had tied to this account. Junk E-mail #106 has been created. Maybe I won't loose the password for this one.

spekkio

Arcane
Took me only 4 tries via email confirmation, since your inept server needed over 15 minutes to send confirmation email, which caused the code to expire.

Quality codex experience.

But at least all my shitpost are now safe.

Kidding, you'll probably fuck something up on your end soon anyway... :roll:

ds

Cipher
Patron
"Do you guys not have phones or other TOTP code generators or email" -The Administration

2FA has to be re-authorized every month on every device you log into the Codex with. I don't think your IP address matters.
What's the justification for requiring periodic re-authentication? What is this supposed to protect from? Hackers that can steal your session cookies but then wait more than a month? Not even Google does that kind of security theater and they literally hold the keys to the kingdom for many people.

Do you know of any other way to use a QR code reader than with a smart phone?
A computer is a machine that can be programmed to carry out sequences of arithmetic or logical operations (computation) automatically. Modern digital electronic computers can perform generic sets of operations known as programs. These programs enable computers to perform a wide range of tasks. -Wikipedia

They still sell .su domains so on the internet you can be in the USSR.
As long as your are willing to pay the market price. :smug:

why can't we just use a hacker-proof password like "codex123" or "swordfish" sheesh
I use hunter2.

its literally way harder to log in now than my Fidelity account which basically has my life savings in it--- I actually thought for a few minutes I might be locked out forever.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
One of the big advantages is that users are less likely to write phrase passwords down on a post it note and stick it to their monitors as many normies do.
yeah I can imagine a burglar breaking into a codexer's house and going "ahh the coveted rpgcodex password, looks like I hit the mother lode"
ive broken into NaturallyCarnivorousSheep house for much less quite a few times

Mortmal

Arcane
It's harder to login for sure , i am pretty sure i will end up losing those codes , and i am not the only one, but it will be good quality drama at least. So again thanks to twiglard, and thanks to the russian hacker for all that entertainment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom