Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: 2FA NOW MANDATORY - YOU DON'T NEED A PHONE NUMBER FFS

KD6-3.7

Literate
This is a corporate marketing dept. scheme to rape and enslave your vital info.

I elaborate:

The time honored practice of creating the problem then arriving with the solution

First, they flood the media with bogus tales of rabid hackerman orgs wreaking havoc on the populace. The peoples are frightened. Now comes the solution: install our phone app and you will be safe. However, the app is a facade. It's true purpose is to rape and enslave your vital info.

Last edited:

MerchantKing

Learned
This is a corporate marketing dept. scheme to rape and enslave your vital info.

I elaborate:

The time honored practice of creating the problem then arriving with the solution

First, they flood the media with bogus tales of rabid hackerman orgs wreaking havoc on the populace. The peoples are frightened. Now comes the solution: install our phone app and you will be safe. However, the app is a facade. It's true purpose is to rape and enslave your vital info.
It's a good business practice in the current year.

Sunri

Liturgist
I can't take it anymore!

0o9zkeH.jpg

Wild Slop

Arcane
Use the "Backup Codes" extra tab when logging in. It is an annoying extra step but, to me, not as annoying as installing some extra program with sign up or whatever else is involved.

For Backup Codes you get a list of several numbered codes that can be pasted to a Notepad. You need to put in a new one each session and generate a new list when all used up. 'Trust this Device for 30 Days' is for freaks so pay no mind to that.

Go into Profile - Password and Security - Two-step verification - click [Change] - re-enter login password, then find the backup code nonsense. Is all this more steps than installing the bullshit hoop-jumping Ap? Probably, but I refuse to install it all the same and with my now limited browsing of the site it is the next best solution.

Wild Slop

Arcane
It's a matter of convenience, not complexity. Don't pretend to be confused.

The email is inconvenient. The ap is supposed alleviate that inconvenience, but it still is inconvenient, plus it adds an imposition of installing an unwelcomed program.

I find the Backup Codes to be a middle ground, and the process to, overall, flow smoother than email.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a matter of convenience, not complexity. Don't pretend to be confused.

The email is inconvenient. The ap is supposed alleviate that inconvenience, but it still is inconvenient, plus it adds an imposition of installing an unwelcomed program.

I find the Backup Codes to be a middle ground, and the process to, overall, flow smoother than email.
It's all complete shit, regardless of how it flows. In fact the more it flows the more shit you get all over the seat, it may even explode enough to fly back onto your asscheeks

I have information from a source that the 2FA requirement was turned off for accounts that held out, however those accounts have been rendered unable to post at all nor view GD.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
People still talking about this shit?

Come on guys, once a month you copy-paste a code received via an e-mail into RPGcodex and log.

It's neither complicated or particularly inconvenient.

Your whining about it for so fucking long is beyond embarrassing.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Having to type in a code which you acquire from another website or program is particularly inconvenient. Have you considered guzzling less cum from authority figures?

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
I'm logged in right now, meaning I can "handle it", which is irrelevant
This is about convenience you hopeless dumb fucking retard

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
typing:
the action or skill of writing something by means of a typewriter or computer.
copying and pasting by pressing keys on the keyboard is included in the definition of typing you subzero iq object

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
If I were you, I'd stop responding, lest I further make myself appear moronic. Try to understand what words mean if you know how.

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
just get this browser extension it's 2 clicks to do the authenticator code thing on PC

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/authenticator/bhghoamapcdpbohphigoooaddinpkbai

but I haven't been able to log in on my phone for months now (too lazy to do the code thing there)
Winauth is best and open source. Supports importing/exporting keys.
https://winauth.github.io/winauth/index.html
It's not only for games - WinAuth supports any service or website that uses the Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator or an RFC 6283 based authenticator.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom