Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Experience's 2013 dungeon crawler Demon Gaze is coming to PC on April 26:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
And not available on Brazil, it seems. They really do support my pirate life.

I thought it was Kodansha again (who blocked Meguro Shoji's indie game and others in Brazil), but yeah this is Cloud Leopard Entertainment.

My theory is rating issue because, as I understand, it's mandatory for releasing games in Brazil. Sure, many game on Steam probably can get away with it as they are not actually released "in Brazil", they're just available on Steam. But if a publisher has some business presence in Brazil, they might think it wouldn't work and getting rating is not worth it? I don't know. I'm sure you know better than me.

Modron

Arcane
My theory is rating issue because, as I understand, it's mandatory for releasing games in Brazil. Sure, many game on Steam probably can get away with it as they are not actually released "in Brazil", they're just available on Steam. But if a publisher has some business presence in Brazil, they might think it wouldn't work and getting rating is not worth it? I don't know. I'm sure you know better than me.
The rating process is fairly automated and painless isn't it? I swear some developer here got it done in a few minutes when a poster brought it to his attention that it needed to be done (granted he might have had some good googling skills to find how to do so). I mostly chalk it up to developers largely being unaware of needing to get an extra rating for steam store games to show up for Brazillians.

jrpglover

Novice
https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/made-in-abyss-binary-star-falling-into-darkness-details-game-modes

Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness details game modes

Publisher Spike Chunsoft and developer Chime Corporation have released new information and screenshots for Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness introducing the game’s two game modes “Hello Abyss” and “Deep in Abyss.”

Get the details below.

Hello Abyss

“Hello Abyss” is a mode where players relive the story of the anime while learning the basic system and how to progress in the game. In this mode, players control main character Riko, an apprentice Cave Raider. Together with the human-like robot Reg, who can handle both combat and exploration, aim for the bottom of the colossal hole known as the Abyss. Event scenes in the game are fully-voiced by the anime cast.

Deep in Abyss

In “Deep in Abyss,” you control a new Cave Raider, an original character, to challenge the depths of the Abyss, and enjoy an original story supervised by series author, Akihito Tsukushi. This original character can be customized with different hairstyles and facial features. By completing missions and bringing back relics from the Abyss, players can increase their rank as a Cave Raider and challenge deeper levels of the Abyss. This mode is based on a single player exploration, so more careful preparation and action are required.

—Encounter characters from the original manga.

Introduction to Part of the Game System: Crafting Items and “The Curse of the Abyss”

Exploring the Abyss requires a variety of tools, sufficient food, and more. Items can be crafted from a variety of materials obtained through exploration, and range from tools such as climbing axes and fishing rods to food, medicine, and clothing.

—In the game, due to weight restrictions for gear, it is also important to procure items locally through crafting, rather than bringing them in from town.

“The Curse of the Abyss” a characteristic element of the original story, is also recreated in the game. “The Curse of the Abyss” is a phenomenon in which the deeper one goes, their body experiences more severe strains when returning to the surface, causing various physical and mental disorders.

Made in Abyss: Binary Star Falling into Darkness is due out for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC via Steam this fall.

Screenshots:
Made-in-Abyss-Binary-Star-Falling-into-Darkness_2022_04-11-22_017.jpg

Made-in-Abyss-Binary-Star-Falling-into-Darkness_2022_04-11-22_015.jpg

Made-in-Abyss-Binary-Star-Falling-into-Darkness_2022_04-11-22_014.jpg

Made-in-Abyss-Binary-Star-Falling-into-Darkness_2022_04-11-22_013.jpg

Made-in-Abyss-Binary-Star-Falling-into-Darkness_2022_04-11-22_010.jpg

Made-in-Abyss-Binary-Star-Falling-into-Darkness_2022_04-11-22_004.jpg

Made-in-Abyss-Binary-Star-Falling-into-Darkness_2022_04-11-22_003.jpg

Made-in-Abyss-Binary-Star-Falling-into-Darkness_2022_04-11-22_002-768x432.jpg

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
rpgsite.net/news/12639-super-robot-wars-30-expansion-pack-will-add-shinkalion-and-more-on-april-20

Expac for SRW30 will be out next week per the series anniversary

Trailer here

Digimon

Educated
Is SRW T still not gonna be ported to PC?

Yeah plus a SRW OG: Moon Dweller PC port would’ve been doubly nice. With SRW T at least you can say that there might be licensing issues that might hamper any attempt to port it to PC. But what about MD? you can’t use licensing as an excuse as everything in there are BANPRESTO originals. I guess MD didn’t do so well on the consoles? :?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is SRW T still not gonna be ported to PC?

Yeah plus a SRW OG: Moon Dweller PC port would’ve been doubly nice. With SRW T at least you can say that there might be licensing issues that might hamper any attempt to port it to PC. But what about MD? you can’t use licensing as an excuse as everything in there are BANPRESTO originals. I guess MD didn’t do so well on the consoles? :?

Because MD is like the 4th chapter overall in OG saga probably.

That being said seems like even their port are inhouse and they are simply focusing on bringing 30 to PC rather than old game ports. Kinda sad.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Seems g-mode's stepping their game up. Thier new feature phone release is from atlus.
banner_GMODEArchives_plus_23.jpg

https://gmodecorp.com/gmodearchives/atlus/lastbiblent1/

Even the jp cellphone community thought atlus lost the backups to all their cellphone games. I could see them porting that soul hackers srpg and persona 3em if this does well enough.

Official translation is very unlikely but I guess this has some chance of PC release, since G-Mode released some RPGs out of their archives on Steam.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
2009 Touhou castlevania-like Koumajou Remilia: Scarlet Symphony is coming to Steam with English support:

ss_2fc24ab8c242874cab8a0d8ccffcb75fb9552e39.600x338.jpg
ss_4bde4e0649a92fe8bf9c45aa5b71b84f12f9aa03.600x338.jpg

"Symphony" in the title and art style may make you think otherwise but, as I understand, this is more like old, linear Castlevania games, not Metroidvania.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom