Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rate Baizuo's Gate 3 from 0 to 10, where 0 is the worst game of your live and 10, the best.

Score, one to 10.

• Total voters

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Just to see how the game is rated by Codex community;

To be clear, I'm reviewing BG3 as a unique game, unrelated to BG1/2. I would say that is a bit better than unmodded NWN2 without expansions like the legendary motb but still way worse than kingmaker, nwn1, bg1/2 or any other D&D CRPG adaptation. So I will give 6/10; If someone mods AD&D or at least 3E ruleset into BG3 and remove all woke nonsense, I would raise the score to 8/10. Now, If I was reviewing BG3 as a sequel for the original saga, I would give 3/10.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
BG1&2 are better / 10

Still, it's a pretty good "AAA" game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Have you played Rift yet?!

Yep; but got bored after a while. A lot of the time spend was afk but I even reached 50 hours on it.

btKVFQo.png

Honestly, Shadowbane is a better mmo in every aspect.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Acts I and II are about an 8, Act III drags it down to a 6
Unfinished, horrible story, woke

I din't reached act 3 yet. Also, I'm playing the pirate version despite having paid for the game(in Argentine pesos) cuz the freaking Lari LAuncher by some reason doesn't work in my Linux with proton.

Pretty good game compared to the rest of new slop

Yep. Compared to other modern AAA games like ME:Andromeda, DA:I, Starfield and so on, Baizuo's Gate 3 is a masterpiece. But still shit compared to all other previous D&D CRPG adaptations.

"Baizou" Nobody is using your autistic cringe words phaggot.

Many political commentators use Baizuo word and I mock every single game company and game with "custom names". Ass Effect, Bugthesda, Cyberbug 2077, Electronic Farts to name some.

you lost.

lost what?

Highest rated game of the gen and higher score than BG2, your seething won't change that fact.

I don't care about game journalists. A Pigeon opinion is more valuable for me than game journos.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
You love RTwP so much and dislike TB, huh?

Nope. I have 156 hours of UnderRail, Finished Temple of Elemental Evil, Knights of the Chalice 1/2 and Dark Sun : Shattered Lands/Wake of the Ravager multiple times. My critiques towards BG3 :
  • Epic low level adventure, Gale has a story as epic as Elminster yet is a lv 1 nobody.
  • Animations are too slow.
  • UI is too similar to dos3.
  • NO D/N cycle, compare to Daggerfall. Where there are seasons, D/N cycle, special holidays and so on.
  • Woke BS, where any shit against ""standards"" including literally bestiality p0rn is praised and worshiped but anything that the average male would like is censored and considered "for incels"(therm so banalized that Dan Bilzerian is called incel)
  • 5E ruleset, the second worst ruleset losing only to 4E
  • Camping is too dissociated from main game.
  • The game is too bloated and heavy. Only "Lari Launcher" takes almost 800 M of ram. Why? OpenMW launcher takes almost nothing and has much more functionalities.
  • Astarion
  • (...)
you mean youtube crybabies?

Tucker Carlson, despite I not agreeing with everything that he says, most notably, the invasion of Ukraine, is the most popular journalist in USA. HE popularized the therm Baizuo. And BG3 is one of the most Baizuo's game ever.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Tucker Carlson, despite I not agreeing with everything that he says, most notably, the invasion of Ukraine, is the most popular journalist in USA
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

twitter crybabies aren't much better than youtube crybabies

Last edited:

thesecret1

Arcane
Incredibly slow and boring, much like Larian's previous games, but unlike those it, at least, has good combat. Big part of the boredom no doubt stems from it being set in Faggotten realms, a themepark setting if there ever was one, but it's also a matter of incredibly sluggish pacing, combat encounters that often seem to serve as filler, and utterly unrewarding exploration, which ties into another issue - the economy is broken which, in turn, causes itemization to be broken, as you buy the best gear you can in the first store you encounter (selling 100 tin cups and forks or whatever other garbage you picked up) and are pretty much set for the next 50 hours of game time.

The writing is serviceable (abd even has C&C!), even if every NPC is ridiculously emotional with VAs overacting every line, and despite rampant faggotry. Unfortunately, combined with the shit setting, it's hard to care about anyone or anything, making it all fall rather flat.

Overall, I'd rate it a 5/10 for the combat and C&C. Might be fun with friends, definitely not something I'd bother finishing in singleplayer

Iucounu

Educated
Should you vote even if you refuse to play the game due to wokeness? If yes, your vote is not based on personal experience. If no, you are tolerant of wokeness and thus biased. :?

VerSacrum

Educated
Should you vote even if you refuse to play the game due to wokeness? If yes, your vote is not based on personal experience. If no, you are tolerant of wokeness and thus biased. :?
The game's pozz is tolerable until the end of Act 2. Then it cranks it up to 10. This is when I dropped it, but it wasn't the only reason.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
8 out of 10 feels very appropriate. Like in many other CRPG's, the main quest feels too long and linear. I like the reactivity on the side content. And combat has plenty of fun gimmicks with how verticality and environmental interaction works. It's a lot more interesting than playing tabletop where it feels like I only see polearm mastery GWM fighter attacking things to death. I was never particularly fond of IE combat where casters are the only characters that you meaningfully control.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
"hated" by the Codex that will end up it's GOTY

Rogue Trader din't launched yet.

Should you vote even if you refuse to play the game due to wokeness? I

Is up to you, but if you ever change your mind and wanna play the game, please. Buy it in Argentine pesos.

. I was never particularly fond of IE combat where casters are the only characters that you meaningfully control.

Check KoTC1/2 and Dark Sun : Shattered Lands/Wake of the Ravager. All turn based D&D games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom