Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

SumDrunkGuy

Everything after that has been a walk in the park.
Until you learned there is map.

I was drunk and I haven't played a fucking game in over a year. Let it go mother fuckers.

I don't like the horror games where you run away from things like a little pussy.

Agreed 100%. It's better when your dick runs towards things like a little pussy.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I don't know what the 'Dex consensus is, but I though it was mid at best. Rarely have I seen such a confused mess of ideas and execution.

The attache case upgrades are a perfect metaphor for the game. They're there, because they were in RE4, but you don't even need nowhere near the space the upgrades provide, so they're basically useless. This goes for so many things. So much has been copied from 4, but it's either a weaker version or absolutely baffling in its execution. The gameplay also doesn't lend itself at all for most of the enemy encounter designs.

Inventory expansion is useful for the animal meats. Once you're able to dump the meats off to store fatty the extra space does seem useless.

Huh? What? When do you need space for meat? You start collecting pretty much at the same time dude starts offering his hobo kitchen services. I upgraded my case everytime a new one was available and at time of upgrade the extra space was always superfluous.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
This story/dialogue situation is bad enough I want to write a whole post about it. The narrative and the actual words spoken are just unbelievably fucking bad.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
I don't know what the 'Dex consensus is, but I though it was mid at best. Rarely have I seen such a confused mess of ideas and execution.

The attache case upgrades are a perfect metaphor for the game. They're there, because they were in RE4, but you don't even need nowhere near the space the upgrades provide, so they're basically useless. This goes for so many things. So much has been copied from 4, but it's either a weaker version or absolutely baffling in its execution. The gameplay also doesn't lend itself at all for most of the enemy encounter designs.

Inventory expansion is useful for the animal meats. Once you're able to dump the meats off to store fatty the extra space does seem useless.

Huh? What? When do you need space for meat? You start collecting pretty much at the same time dude starts offering his hobo kitchen services. I upgraded my case everytime a new one was available and at time of upgrade the extra space was always superfluous.

Also, sell weapons you are not using anymore. Once you get the 1911, sell the little rinky-dink handgun. Once you get the tactical shotgun, sell the pump action. Inventory space should not be a problem in this game.

I've been playing this for the past few days and I'm up to the Heisenberg bit. Usually bad dialogue and nonsensical plots don't phase me, especially in jap games, but this one ranks pretty high in that department, so much so that it produces the opposite of the intended effect - most of the time I'm laughing at the screen.

It also feels like a designed-by-committee mess, which it probably is, like every other big game at this point. There have been zero memorable enemies or situations so far. Zero. Game would probably have been a lot stronger if they had dropped the schizoid 'multiple houses' design and just stuck with a single theme. Lycan village w/ corrupt distorted Orthodox religious symbolism could have been made workable.

I'm a fan of the original 2 games, but as far as popamole goes, RE4 was a million times better. The 'run around like a little bitch until you reach the point where shit is killable' stuff is also ridiculous and wore off two minutes in. It's just bad, man. In fact, it's much worse than the worst aspect of RE4 (the QTEs). I'll finish it off and then sell my physical copy (bought the PS4 version, free PS5 upgrade) without looking back.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
I just finished all of the optional stuff (Otto's Mill, collecting all treasure, etc.) before heading to the Stronghold. The game is very uneven, so far. You spend 5-6 hours in the opening castle (maybe up to 8, if you're really serious about getting every last thing). Great interior design, big titty vampire milf, three boss daughters, etc -- all very good.

Then you get to the dollhouse. You go from being armed and mowing down vampires/zombies in the castle to all of your weapons mysteriously disappearing and being forced to puzzle through the dollhouse, which maybe takes an hour. Then you magically get your weapons back (seriously, they just give them back to you without a word of explanation) and now you're in a swamp, being chased by a giant fish. The Moreau bossfight actually feels like a bossfight, like those classic RE boss fights that occur in closed-off arenas, littered with items and environmental interactivity. But for some reason you're still fighting lycans? And vampires? This area takes 1.5 hours, tops. The castle is still the best venue by far, imo. Not even close.

None of this makes any goddamn sense. And Ethan Winters is the biggest pussy in the history of video games. I could go on but I think I need to save this, it deserves a 10,000 word post. Fuck.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
This story/dialogue situation is bad enough I want to write a whole post about it. The narrative and the actual words spoken are just unbelievably fucking bad.

make a video

I can't afford to get famous off YouTube video reviews of popular games, unless that will pay me more than I currently make. Because I WILL get fired.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

vlcsnap-2012-04-28-06h41m31s143.jpg

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I will never forget my favourite moment in the entire RE franchise: When you find that film in the lab in both the original Resident evil and Resident evil remake. The realisation that the virus outbreak is not an accident. The monsters (The dogs, the plant, the sharks, the hunters) are all deliberately created by Umbrella. This simplistic, short and little revelation happens at the end of the game, after reading a lot of documents hinting that the zombies are caused by mistake by the virus.

Nothing matched ever again this in the franchise. And all this considering that the plot of these games is mediocre at best.

Drakortha

Liturgist

I always go into a Resident Evil game expecting good story and dialogue.

This is why you're a fanboy. You will defend garbage and any excuse will do. Why don't you go get a life or something?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
^ this guy been shitting up this thread with his whinings for months, and now he tells us to get a life.

If you can't handle opinions different than yours maybe you should take up posting on Reddit instead? I heard it's a safe place where you can downvote any opinion you don't like into silence.

You're obsessed my friend. I never see you posting anywhere else on the forum.

If Resident Evil gets mentioned you jump in and start whining, no matter the context of the conversation. You did it on the shoutbox yesterday as well.

Drakortha

Liturgist
^ this guy been shitting up this thread with his whinings for months, and now he tells us to get a life.

If you can't handle opinions different than yours maybe you should take up posting on Reddit instead? I heard it's a safe place where you can downvote any opinion you don't like into silence.

If Resident Evil gets mentioned you jump in and start whining, no matter the context of the conversation. You did it on the shoutbox yesterday as well.

If there's a new RE coming out and there's a lot of buzz about RE, then I'm going to state my opinion just like anyone else. I'm sorry that you don't like my opinion that RE4 is shit and so is RE8 but that's the thing about the world, you know? People have different opinions. Get used to it.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

If there's a new RE coming out and there's a lot of buzz about RE, then I'm going to state my opinion just like anyone else. I'm sorry that you don't like my opinion that RE4 is shit and so is RE8 but that's the thing about the world, you know? People have different opinions. Get used to it.

But you seem to pop up anytime a discussion about RE is happening anywhere on the forum, and it's also all you seem to discuss on here (I did see you post once in the STALKER 2 thread the other day, but that seems to be the exception).

You don't bring anything new to discussions you just repeat the same stuff every time. You remind me of Oneself and Lord Azlan in Trump threads back in the day.

It's not even that I disagree with all your points, it's just you sound like a broken record.

Drakortha

Liturgist

But you seem to pop up anytime a discussion about RE is happening anywhere on the forum, it's also all you seem to discuss on here (I did see you post once in the STALKER 2 thread the other day, but that seems to be the exception).

You don't bring anything new to discussions you just repeat the same stuff every time. You remind me of Oneself and Lord Azlan in Trump threads back in the day.

It's not even that I disagree with all your points, it's just you sound like a broken record.

Don't be a dumbfuck mate. Do I really have to spell this shit out for you? A new RE just came out. What else just came out recently? If STALKER 2 or Fallout 5 came out tomorrow, then I'll likely be in those respective threads calling those games shit as well. Everything is shit. Everything is shit. Yeah, "Broken Record" but that doesn't make it not true.

What else you want me to do? Share memes from reddit and twitter like these other faggots? I'm sorry but I'm not a faggot.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Don't be a dumbfuck mate. Do I really have to spell this shit out for you? A new RE just came out. What else just came out recently? If STALKER 2 or Fallout 5 came out tomorrow, then I'll likely be in those respective threads calling those games shit as well. Everything is shit. Everything is shit. Yeah, "Broken Record" but that doesn't make it not true.

What else you want me to do? Share memes from reddit and twitter like these other faggots? I'm sorry but I'm not a faggot.

No, just consider posting original thoughts once in a while rather than repeating the same shit endlessly.

You aren't any better than people constantly sharing memes.

Drakortha

Liturgist
No, just consider posting original thoughts once in a while rather than repeating the same shit endlessly.

You aren't any better than people constantly sharing memes.

My thoughts are original, that's why the Fanboys don't like it when I post because it's not what they want to hear. How dare I say such things about their beloved RE4 and Leon? Nobody else is willing to step up to that plate and tell it the way it is. I dislike RE4, that much is true. But it's the Fanboys I hate. They are scum and do not deserve to call themselves fans of Resident Evil!

Last edited:

ScarredBushido

Liturgist
the last RE game that was scary was Rev1 imo. never found 7 to be scary ( creepy yes, but not scary ).

I might just wait and get it on sale....

Generic-Giant-Spider

Barry > Hunk > Leon > Chris.

That's THE AUTHORITATIVE RE coolguy list.

And here's why in case you need convincing:

Barry - Good guy that is always there for you when you need him most. Saves Jill countless times, leaves ammo for you when he's not around, nearly everything he says is iconic showing off his natural charisma, great beard, doesn't take Wesker's bullshit.

Hunk - Badass guy that has almost zero story but doesn't need story to make an impression. Works for Umbrella, still down with killing their creations if they look at him sideways, every man for himself attitude, survives every situation purely through superior firepower and mercenary training.

Leon - Nice guy, too much of a simp for Ada, tries to constantly impress her to the detriment of the mission at hand, ignores Claire's constant eye fucking due to his incurable yellow fever. Drives a jeep severely reducing his cool factor. Turns down the advances of the President's daughter due to her eyes being too round. If Ada had a dick he'd suck it.

Chris - Capcom's baby boy. Tries too hard to the detriment of the player. Went to investigate cannibal murders armed with only a knife despite having a trophy for expert marksmanship. Can't carry as much as Jill despite being buff making him phony strong. Jill expresses interest in having sex but Chris would rather chase Wesker. Definitely a homosexual.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was funny seeing a version of this show up around the end.

d6555d207b75b52e816c31c165036e8a.gif

Although Jill basically becoming Street Fighter Alpha Cammy in Resident Evil 5 (and being an underling to Wesker like Cammy was to Bison) is still the biggest reference to a Capcom fighting game that has found it's way into a Resident Evil game...she even functions as a new Cammy in Marvel vs Capcom 3. Think the first, which isn't in game, is official RE3 art with Nemesis done after Sagat holding Dan's dead dad by the head...although being a SF2 drawing it was originally just a jab at Art of Fighting.

Theres like a "revelation room" right before the end that really makes me think they might bring in aliens in the next game. It looks like David's lab from Alien: Covenant. There's a object from the Arctic that seems like some kind of weird flesh version of a 2001 Monolith, instead of giving knowledge it can store it. And it was found in the Arctic, which recalls things like The Thing and At the Mountains of Madness. That's a lot of alien related stuff to pack into one room that seems to be telling you not just what's going on, but where things might go new. Maybe it will maybe it won't; I see the writer on this game is one of the writers for Dead Space, and adapted Alan Moore's The Courtyard into a comic.

It also seems to be hinting at at least one future Resident Evil game with a character that I'd think would mean it's action heavy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom