Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Generic-Giant-Spider

5-Image6.jpg

Why fixed camera will always be godly in RE games.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
so i've skipped around a video of the first hour or so (up thru the first lycan attack scene, i don't want to spoil any more for myself); it looks impressive, but does it eventually "let loose" and become more than just finding out how to hit the trigger for the next scene? non-linearity, resource management, exploration and backtracking thru larger maps etc.. RE hasn't really been gameplay-first as a series so i'm not expecting the world here

i'd rather not get burned again; i thought RE2 was great, but i felt like the gameplay was too heavily stripped out of RE7 in favor of scripting "immersive" scenes (tho i'd imagine due to the VR focus)

Wunderbar

Arcane
non-linearity
the game is linear as fuck. At first it teases you with four main bad guys and their respective locations, but then it drops the ball by not giving you freedom to tackle those areas in any order. And the areas themselves are linear too, some of them even shut the doors behind you and cut off paths if you progress further into them.

resource management
the game discourages you from hoarding supplies by having an aggressive adaptive difficulty and encounters designed solely to strip you off of your stuff. You've managed to accumulate a hundred of pistol rounds? The game will throw at you a pack of extra tanky werewolves. Haven't been dying for a while? Enemies will start dealing more damage so you will waste more healing supplies. Your inventory is empty and your health is low? Enemies will magically start dropping good loot such as gunpowder and herbs.

exploration and backtracking thru larger maps etc..
Exploration is sort of here, but the game marks all of the treasure locations on your map, discouraging you from exploring by yourself.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
the game discourages you from hoarding supplies by having an aggressive adaptive difficulty and encounters designed solely to strip you off of your stuff. You've managed to accumulate a hundred of pistol rounds? The game will throw at you a pack of extra tanky werewolves. Haven't been dying for a while? Enemies will start dealing more damage so you will waste more healing supplies. Your inventory is empty and your health is low? Enemies will magically start dropping good loot such as gunpowder and herbs.

Damn, that is some Oblivion tier scaling. Real shame.

Wunderbar

Arcane
adaptive difficulty was present in almost every RE game since RE4, but it was never so evident and in your face. I'll probably replay it on normal setting to see if it's just cranked up to 11 for Hardcore.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

They did this in the RE2 remake, as I recall. You can try it out. The first boss fight with G (stage one) will adjust to the amount of ammo you have -- if you have one round left, he will literally die on your last round. This only works to a point, but it works. Kinda cheesy.

A horse of course

adaptive difficulty was present in almost every RE game since RE4, but it was never so evident and in your face. I'll probably replay it on normal setting to see if it's just cranked up to 11 for Hardcore.

It was incredibly obvious in RE4, at least when I played it on PC.

It was incredibly obvious in RE4, at least when I played it on PC.
Resident Evil 4 does it well. That just throws more or less enemies at you, changes the RNG on the parasite popping out of villagers and the items you get, and I think will give enemies more complex patterns and maybe switches out some enemy types depending on the location. This then became a more active mechanic in Shinji Mikami's follow up to RE4: God Hand. It however doesn't do what the developers on RE2make did, and it sounds like this does, which is change the damage value of weapons depending on how much ammo you have and make you take more damage if you have a lot of healing items. The point of the RE4 one was just to make things harder for people that are good, and easier for people that suck. This new thing is to given the player the appearance they're just getting by and create more tension and dread if I'm remembering the old interview right; personally it seems like really bad game design, and doesn't even make sense to do if you go on to talk about it in some interviews like they did before that remake came out.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
I don't know what the 'Dex consensus is, but I though it was mid at best. Rarely have I seen such a confused mess of ideas and execution.

The attache case upgrades are a perfect metaphor for the game. They're there, because they were in RE4, but you don't even need nowhere near the space the upgrades provide, so they're basically useless. This goes for so many things. So much has been copied from 4, but it's either a weaker version or absolutely baffling in its execution. The gameplay also doesn't lend itself at all for most of the enemy encounter designs.

Last edited:

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
First Lady Dimitrescu Nude Mod for Resident Evil Village released

Earlier this month, we shared a semi-nude mod for Resident Evil Village. That mod removed a part of Cassandra’s dress, allowing players to see her big boobs. Now as we said back then, we expected the first nude mod for RE: Village to be for Lady Dimitrescu. And the first Nude Mod for Alcina Dimitrescu is now available for download.

Now there is good and bad news. The good news is that this highly anticipated Nude Mod is available for download. The bad news is that it’s behind a Patreon wall. In other words, this isn’t a free version, something that will obviously disappoint some gamers.

My guess is that a free version of another Nude Mod will come out soon. After all, modders have already been able to extract Dimitrescu’s 3D model and mod it.

Those interested can visit MangakaDenizGaming’s Patreon in order to download the mod. I’ve also included below two – censored – screenshots that showcase another nude mod in action. This second mod is not available for download yet to the public (and there is no word if it ever becomes available). Still, it will give you an idea of what you can expect from MangakaDenizGaming’s mod.

Speaking of Resident Evil Village mods, I also suggest taking a look at the Albert Wesker Mod. There is also a FOV mod that is a must-have for everyone.

Enjoy!

Sauce: https://www.dsogaming.com/mods/first-lady-dimitrescu-nude-mod-for-resident-evil-village-released/

a10684f3db014cad97293cc3f0914faf48993d6df9de1869f49765fdbf17e0ff_1.jpg

SumDrunkGuy

I don't know what the 'Dex consensus is, but I though it was mid at best. Rarely have I seen such a confused mess of ideas and execution.

The attache case upgrades are a perfect metaphor for the game. They're there, because they were in RE4, but you don't even need nowhere near the space the upgrades provide, so they're basically useless. This goes for so many things. So much has been copied from 4, but it's either a weaker version or absolutely baffling in its execution. The gameplay also doesn't lend itself at all for most of the enemy encounter designs.

Inventory expansion is useful for the animal meats. Once you're able to dump the meats off to store fatty the extra space does seem useless.

Generic-Giant-Spider

What's the alternative?

Resident Evil's way of giving you a shotgun but still managing to make things tense/suspenseful because you don't know what's coming and when you'll want to use this shotgun (on first playthroughs). On replays you start to get a better feel of what you can/can't get away with in certain rooms and maximizing the efficiency of your gunplay is what makes it fun.

On the contrast, running away all the time is boring and makes those types of games one-and-dones. Alien: Isolation, great game... for the first time. Absolute boring slog the second go-around and it starts to really lose the magic when you get the flamethrower and the xenomorph becomes a mere annoyance you just shoo away while going from A to B.

Resident Evil games are fun, run-like-a-bitch games are for fake streamer reactions.

Wunderbar

Arcane
What's the alternative?

Resident Evil's way of giving you a shotgun but still managing to make things tense/suspenseful because you don't know what's coming and when you'll want to use this shotgun (on first playthroughs). On replays you start to get a better feel of what you can/can't get away with in certain rooms and maximizing the efficiency of your gunplay is what makes it fun.

On the contrast, running away all the time is boring and makes those types of games one-and-dones. Alien: Isolation, great game... for the first time. Absolute boring slog the second go-around and it starts to really lose the magic when you get the flamethrower and the xenomorph becomes a mere annoyance you just shoo away while going from A to B.

Resident Evil games are fun, run-like-a-bitch games are for fake streamer reactions.
don't overblow the problem, Beneviento house is only like 30 minutes long on your first playthrough and 5 minutes long on subsequent ones.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Beneviento house is only like 30 minutes long on your first playthrough and 5 minutes long on subsequent ones.

I personally didn't even find that Beneviento house scary in the slightest or unnerving. All the RE8 villains are basically Metal Gear Solid characters with some silly gimmick but not as memorable.

I was more talking about games that base the entirety of their horror experience of you running away all the time.

Wunderbar

Arcane
new batch of info about the upcoming Revelation 3 / Outrage spinoff:
DuskGolem said:
For those who don't know, Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 were developed by a ghost writer game development studio known as TOSE. TOSE makes games secretly, they've made over a thousand games for various different companies in Japan since the 1980s. Rev 1 & 2 had key members from Capcom work on the games, direct it, but the main development house was TOSE.

I HEAVILY suspect Outrage is being done by them, but I don't know that for a fact. I know it's not being lead by Capcom Div 1 or M-Two though. Outrage from the hack leak we know has a budget not too far behind Village's, it's being treated as a bigger title. I've had a weird time getting info on this game, it's been like a phantom, I know a lot more about projects supposed to be released after Outrage, but that makes sense if it's a TOSE game, as they are known for their secrecy.

That said, I first heard about a Revelations 3 in 2017, & that it'd star Rebecca Chambers. I had heard in 2019 they had scanned in an Asian woman to be Rebecca, to help diversify the cast (plus Rebecca had used Japanese idol faces previously). I had heard of "RE Switch" in 2020 by a trusted source, & had heard Rev 3 was coming out for everything, cross-gen, but Switch was the lead platform.

The hack leak in the files for Resident Evil Outrage (which may not be a final name) mentioned it directly as Resident Evil Revelations 3. They probably won't call it that for budget expectations (Outrage has a much higher budget & more dev time than the Rev games had), plus them moving away from numbers in general.

Beneviento house is only like 30 minutes long on your first playthrough and 5 minutes long on subsequent ones.
I was more talking about games that base the entirety of their horror experience of you running away all the time.
i strongly doubt Capcom would ever make a hide-n-seek RE game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom