Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Resident Evil Village - now featuring giant vampire MILFs

Deleted member 7219

To be fair, I liked the Beneviento house but I didn't find it particularly scary.

The baby was horrible, but I didn’t find it terrifying. More like disturbing.

Gerrard

Arcane
How can people still tolerate games that are about exploration where the PC is incapable of climbing over a 2 meter high wall?
This is where 20+ years of video game "evolution" has brought us.
Yeah, because older games were never unrealistic or used invisible walls, etc.
Nice reading comprehension. I forgot that experience doesn't exist in the video game industry and every game is created in a vacuum and should be judged as such.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
To be fair, I liked the Beneviento house but I didn't find it particularly scary.

The baby was horrible, but I didn’t find it terrifying. More like disturbing.

The section made good use of narrow corridors and poor lighting. It was fairly obvious as soon as you went down there that something would eventually start chasing you, but it still managed to be a tense sequence regardless.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Dollhouse is one of those things you find cool first time then find annoying and wish it would just end on replays. I don't like the horror games where you run away from things like a little pussy.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Dollhouse is one of those things you find cool first time then find annoying and wish it would just end on replays

Agreed. This is an issue too in VII at the beginning, REmake 2 (Sherry's section), REmake 3 (Building in flames) and other horror games as well. Scripted sequences and setpieces are cool and enjoyable the first time you meet them. But they became a slog when you decide to replay the game again.

The Decline

Arcane
"If you fight your enemies, they win."

NOT IF THEY DIE.

129928.jpg

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
there are only five main DMCs + Donte. Way less games to wear gameplay formula thin, and even then it was put on hiatus for quite a while.

and? in five main REs the style changed twice

not an expert on fighting games, but wasn't the latest SF game a cashgrab dogshit riddled with ads?

no?
World was a major shift from previous games.

ahh yes one major shift in how the game is presented/broken up while the gameplay is the same but refined a little is definitely the same thing as "developer that doesn't like sticking to the same formula" /s

Generic-Giant-Spider

Because Jenkem also thinks RE8 sucks I feel like I must restore balance to nature and say RE8 is great and Jenkem doesn't know shit about shit, Rick.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Resident Evil 4 cribbed heavily from Dagon, this is what they do, good artists copy, great artists steal, deal with it. :M

SumDrunkGuy

It's kinda dumb that the most difficult part of the game is at the very beginning (werewolf attack). Everything after that has been a walk in the park.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
The gameplay is pretty good.

The story is incomprehensible Japanese bullshit.

The dialogue is some of the worst I've ever heard in a video game.

DemonKing

Arcane
The Doll House was creepy as fuck, but I was a bit disappointed how short the section was.

I agree that it seemed to end rather abruptly but found it as dull as dishwater. Some easy puzzling, a couple of games of ring around the rosy with a giant aborted foetus and then running around a house trying to find a tiny doll for a few minutes. I don't think there was enough to sustain it for what it was, let alone if it went on longer. As soon as I left and started shooting stuff again, I started to have fun again.

I do have to give this game one thing - it's the first FPS I've played with a controller that actually works reasonably well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom