Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: Might & Magic X: Legacy

Monty

Arcane
10/10 7 page argument. Would buy on DVD for 5 cattle.

Also shitty game and bad excuse for rpg. Not once has the game let me make any choices and all of my companions have no personality plus I can not have a gay romance with my orc companion.
0/10 stupid game with shity turn based combat. Who even likes turn based anyway?

Feeblest trolling attempt I've seen in years.

:0/5:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Also shitty game and bad excuse for rpg. Not once has the game let me make any choices and all of my companions have no personality plus I can not have a gay romance with my orc companion.
0/10 stupid game with shity turn based combat. Who even likes turn based anyway?

Sarcasm ≠ trolling.

Monty

Arcane

Sarcasm ≠ trolling.
It just changes the target of the trolling in this case. My point is this sort of thing has been done to death, and there's no subtlety, wit or intelligence. Come back Roguey all is forgiven.

Anyway, will leave it at that. Wasn't really worthy of a response in the first place.

Eyeball

Arcane
MM10 is GOTY 2014 so far, and I see absolutely nothing on the Horizon that's likely to alter that state of affairs.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
MM10 is GOTY 2014 so far, and I see absolutely nothing on the Horizon that's likely to alter that state of affairs.

Blackguards, Underrail, Star Trail HD, Dark Souls 2, TESO, Age of Decadence, Reaper of Souls.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Might & Magic X is a party based CRPG with turn based combat. A game many have waited for a long time.
Sceptic (an expert in the Might & Magic series) showed clearly the pros and cons of this game. Some flaws (mostly performance not gameplay wise) are still in the game. I would rate it 8/10 - a really good game.

The only big gameplay flaw for me is that you can't flee from battles with some kind of penalty. It's reload time if you explore to far.

This thread is not worthy for
a) Might & Magic X
b) Sceptic's effort

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
The only big gameplay flaw for me is that you can't flee from battles with some kind of penalty.
kinda hard to do with hand-placed individual enemies with aggro ranges and invisible enemy ambush spawn triggers.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Many assets are lifted straight out of HOMM6 and other Ashan games ? "I don't see the problem with recycling graphical assets if this means more resources can be spent on making quality content" .
I'm sorry, but I'm not a graphic whore. In fact this paragraph initially started with the famous Andyman Messiah quote about playing games with your dick out and a bottle of lotion, before I cut it quite late into production.
Is that REALLY a "famous Andyman Messiah quote"? I mean, of all the Andyman Messiah quotes, including putting a talking hamster up a developer's asshole to check which way their diarrhea flows and We will avenge you, character created only to be murdered horribly! and I like Alpha Protocol this much!, THAT ONE is the famous one? I don't even remember it. You probably just made it up and slapped MY GOOD NAME on it to add credibility. You fucking asshole. I demand stuff!:outrage:

Nah, nah, I kid, I kid. Nice read. Of course it's not exactly one of my reviews but it's good for what it is. :smug:

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
A feature I missed is the chance to be ambushed while resting, but in a game with no random encounters, I can see how it can be abused to receive additional experience.

Lhynn

Arcane
A feature I missed is the chance to be ambushed while resting, but in a game with no random encounters, I can see how it can be abused to receive additional experience.
I fail to see hows thats a bad thing.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
I fail to see hows thats a bad thing.
:bro:
Good point, especially since OCD players can do it anyway by waiting a long time for the enemy respawns.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Sceptic (an expert in the Might & Magic series) showed clearly the pros and cons of this game. Some flaws (mostly performance not gameplay wise) are still in the game. I would rate it 8/10 - a really good game.
Thanks, my goal was precisely to show the pros and cons and in particular how they compare to the old games. Some people fixated on the pros and on my conclusion while disregarding the rather sizable criticism I had of the combat system and its flaws.

The only big gameplay flaw for me is that you can't flee from battles with some kind of penalty. It's reload time if you explore to far.
I don't mind that much, except of course for how long loading actually takes. As I jokingly pointed out in the megathread fleeing never worked in MM1.

Good point, especially since OCD players can do it anyway by waiting a long time for the enemy respawns.
I thought the respawning was a bug caused by the Beacon spell? Or was that a completely separate issue?

I don't even remember it. You probably just made it up and slapped MY GOOD NAME on it to add credibility.
I really don't give a shit about it. I don't play games with my dick hanging out and a bottle of lotion on the desk and I'm probably a horrible person because of it. I am completely uninterested by graphics and when I eventually go to jail I'm going to continue being a horrible person. I have no regrets.

Admittedly you're so full of good quotes that it's hard to keep up.

I like Alpha Protocol this much!
I Love you too Andy :love:

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
The only big gameplay flaw for me is that you can't flee from battles with some kind of penalty.
kinda hard to do with hand-placed individual enemies with aggro ranges and invisible enemy ambush spawn triggers.

I thought about something like this:

a) you join a battle
b) you start to lose
c1) you have an option to flee -> you lose some items and gold, maybe some party members get seriously hurt or die
or
c2) you cast devine interception for a high gold price or exp price -> teleport to the nearest temple

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I thought the respawning was a bug caused by the Beacon spell? Or was that a completely separate issue?

The respawn is a bug? I thought it's the old MnM mechanics when the world repopulateds after a year or so.

Always hated it with passion and it was especially annoying in MMX where battles are so slow.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron

The respawn is a bug? I thought it's the old MnM mechanics when the world repopulateds after a year or so.

Always hated it with passion and it was especially annoying in MMX where battles are so slow.

You could end respawning sometimes when you cleared the bandits main base with their boss - best M&M mechanic ever. This is a mechanic that would be very good for sandbox-games like Skyrim.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I thought it was a bug, at least that's what I understood from reading some internet posts about using Beacon then coming back to find a lot of enemies were back, and other people (I think you were one of them?) having problems with getting stuck in combat and being unable to do anything anymore. I never ended up using Beacon due to my party composition not allowing me enough skill points, but maybe I was completely wrong and mixed up the issues. I never saw any respawning in my own game, even going back to the outdoors right outside Sorpigal.

As for the old games, the 3 "eras" dealt with it very differently. In 1-2 everything respawned pretty much as soon as you left a zone and returned. 3-5 had the mechanic HiddenX described, which was really great, since it shifted the annoyance of respawns squarely into your hands; don't like them, go do something about them! 6-8 were on the more traditional timers. 6 overdid it a bit IMO, 6 months for outdoors was a bit much; 7-8 were fine, 2 in-game years is a LONG time and I never saw any respawning in these two.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom