Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

Wunderbar

Arcane
All these slurs and edgelord bs is why I find it hard to even read this goddamn site
Yeah, I agr...
silly ass PC Master Race (...) childish (...) ass slurs. (...)goddamn grown ass 40 somethings (...)fucking Amiga Warez BBS from 1990.
(...)friggin pathetic ass incel manchild bullshit. (...) third world shitholes (...)like Texas. (...)Q Anon brain damaged idiot having conniptions (...) did 4chan break some of you in ways almost worse than the weebs and bronies?

:what:
codexer since 2009.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In all seriousness though, if you just want to talk RPGs, you can do just that and ignore the politics threads or GD. The mods here have stated explicitly several times that they intend to keep RPG and other video-game related threads as shitpost-free as possible, and from what I can tell, 80-90% of the time, they really are. If seeing an occasional slur during a discussion on the merits of turn-based over RtwP system is truly that devastating to your fragile psyche, then you're the one with the problem.

The problem is? Its embarrassing as hell. Fucking completely embarrassing.

It makes everyone here and in some degree crpgs in general look like a thing solely for tremendously childish assholes. And that's just the people who are posting to be edgy or ironic. I don't even want to think that there are people who are genuinely reading stuff like the Turner Diaries or Elders of Zion here.

Its just sad as shit, ya dig?

So you honestly can't just focus on RPG discussion? Why does it matter what views or interests others hold as long as they are providing quality RPG discourse.

I've even brofisted oneself before in an RPG topic. I felt dirty afterwards but he made a quality post. Doesn't mean I have to agree with his nonsense in GD/Politics.

Drop Duck

Learned
Ps: its 2022. Nobody uses cuck any more. Seriously. If you want to be a dick come up with something new at least.
I do agree that it's 2022 and people shouldn't cuckshame anymore because all fetishes and livestyles are equally valid, but mate, you also have to consider that cucks like being shamed, that's a part of their fetish. So the question for the modern progressive becomes: to cuckshame or not to cuckshame?

aHZ6qWj.jpg

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've even brofisted oneself before in an RPG topic. I felt dirty afterwards but he made a quality post. Doesn't mean I have to agree with his nonsense in GD/Politics.
Exactly.
If I was ignoring or refusing to interact with any of this board's inbred swamp people with their minds stuck in the 20s (the 1820s, that is), I'd be ignoring 50% of the forum by now.
But as long as they keep their shenanigans inside the designated areas, it's acceptable (although I'd still prefer to just split off the gaming part from the rest entirely, but whatever).

Drop Duck

Learned
You seem to be strangely invested into cuckdom. Not that I am kinkshaming or anything. :smug:
I think I read about you being into that sort of thing but I don't want to cuckshame you if you're not a genuine cuckold and I misremembered something. If you are then you present a problem to the modern thinker, do I support you by shaming you and do I punch down if I do not shame you? Or is it regressive to shame such a progressive kink? Should cuckoldry be there on the forefront with transsexuals, genderqueers and black and brown people?

Sykar

Arcane
You seem to be strangely invested into cuckdom. Not that I am kinkshaming or anything. :smug:
I think I read about you being into that sort of thing but I don't want to cuckshame you if you're not a genuine cuckold and I misremembered something. If you are then you present a problem to the modern thinker, do I support you by shaming you and do I punch down if I do not shame you? Or is it regressive to shame such a progressive kink? Should cuckoldry be there on the forefront with transsexuals, genderqueers and black and brown people?

NO U! What a comeback. :lol:

Seeker
In My Safe Space
So you dislike someone's opinions. The forum allows you to ignore them.
But instead of ignoring them you complain about their existence.
Seems to me like you're the one who's intolerant.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The problem is? Its embarrassing as hell. Fucking completely embarrassing.

Yes, it is extremely embarrassing. I'm ashamed to post on the same forum as you, a grown man who gets offended at reading bad words. Oh no! Someone called me a doo doo head! Gotta run to mommy moderator so she shuts the bad person up!!!

Grow up, kid. Adults don't get pissy about this kind of shit, they either ignore it or participate in good humor. If words hurt your feelings, you should talk to a psychologist, because they really shouldn't. You might suffer from some sort of mental illness. Retard.

Brickfrog

Learned
Are you 15 or something? This utterly desperate need for outside peer group approval is something most commonly found in teenagers, it largely goes away after you're done with puberty.
As a relatively disinterested outsider who had never heard of rpgwatch I have to tell you that the people who look childish here are the ones dancing way too hard on the grave of some tiny forum that no one's ever heard of.

It does say something about the maturity of this forum tbh. Its not too much of a surprise because a lot of people like to use forums with light moderation policies as a medium to be childish in a manner that they cant be in their real lives.

An adult (mentally, perhaps not physically) would just post something like "the site wasn't for me but RIP." instead, I see ten pages of people screaming about trannies, as is the custom these days.

I mean, this thread has people who are literally hate reading the ToS and moderation policy of some forum that probably gets less than 500 unique visitors a month. It's pretty clear who the adults are here lol.

Decline.

Last edited:

BruceVC

Magister
All these slurs and edgelord bs is why I find it hard to even read this goddamn site much less recommend it when its one of the only crpg sites online with any actual
content.

The silly ass PC Master Race/Decline crap is childish but the Jrpg masses more or less say the same about crpgs just without all the embarrassing ass slurs. You would think the younger crowd would be less mature than a bunch of goddamn grown ass 40 somethings but clearly the majority Gen X crowd here still posts like its a fucking Amiga Warez BBS from 1990. (Just with less 80s bush in images.)

Its friggin pathetic ass incel manchild bullshit. Punching down at groups pretty much being killed and abused to this day in third world shitholes to this day, like Texas.

I want to talk about Ultima and Wizardry and Gold Box. Not some Q Anon brain damaged idiot having conniptions because other people exist.

Idgaf about games being incline decline console pc anime or Ascii. I just want a variety of fun and interesting rpgs to play and decent folks to talk about them with. Why is this so difficult or did 4chan break some of you in ways almost worse than the weebs and bronies?

But just ignore the political debates and comments you find offensive, their are plenty of threads on games and many members dont engage in any political\ideological debates

I engage on several gaming threads like Elder Scrolls, ELEX and CRPG and their generally just comments on the game. But we cant control peoples posts....thats the point of this type of freedom of speech

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom