Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Perkel

Arcane
Ideally, one day they'll be too bankrupted to afford internet access, and CIG will have made the entire interwebs 90% better. Still won't have made a video game, but that's ok.

CIG just recently broke $400 mil. Which was i think 2 weeks ago. They now are sitting at $420 mil.

ADL

Prophet
I'm not worried about it. They show no signs of slowing down and this is before theaters of war, multiple systems in Star Citizen and despite all the performance issues that won't be fixed until server meshing and the new Vulkan renderer. As seen when you get lucky and find an instance without server-related performance issues, the game runs great. Combined with the new renderer, I think I'll manage 60/4K everywhere.
xeog4ecrnt281.png

Perkel

Arcane
And they definitely have no problem spending all that money. Yachts and women Programmer wages are so damn expensive.

They just rented huge building in UK. Right now they are 700+ people and from what CIG said they plan expansion to 1000 people. I mean with that size you are looking at Ubisoft/GTA size studio. For comparison CDPR made C77 with like 500-600 people or something like that.

At that size they will be eating that money quickly.

Ideally, one day they'll be too bankrupted to afford internet access, and CIG will have made the entire interwebs 90% better. Still won't have made a video game, but that's ok.

CIG just recently broke $400 mil. Which was i think 2 weeks ago. They now are sitting at $420 mil.
I think you misunderstood me, I meant the backers would hopefully become bankrupted and off the internet, not CIG.

Myobi

Liturgist
They are not sitting at $420 mil.

That's just the cash they got from whaling.

They also have a fuck ton of cash from private investors.

Perkel

Arcane
I'm pretty sure that has been a feature in no man's sky for years

No man's sky last time i checked doesn't have any combat in atmosphere. Sure you can shoot your lasers but there isn't anything to shoot at.

Space engineer also allows that. For certain interpretations of "space" at least.

Oh yeah that. Though only PVP, AI doesn't go to planet i think and only planetary AI are bases with automated turrets not some AI ships flying around in atmo.

Myobi

Liturgist
I think we are finally losing Perkel, like poor foolish Icarus, he flew to close of the shiny JPGs. May his wallet rest in peace.

Perkel

Arcane
I think we are finally losing Perkel, like poor foolish Icarus, he flew to close of the shiny JPGs. May his wallet rest in peace.

I am yet to spend even 1$ on it.

I realized i spent 1$ on initial kickstarter back in 2012.

I am yet to spend even 1$ on it.

I realized i spent 1$ on initial kickstarter back in 2012.
Yeah but that's like $50 in today money. Inflation joke!

But how are you gonna punch above your weight on just one dollar? Do you even get a jpeg for that?

I'm glad to hear you're not financially invested in this clown show.

Perkel

Arcane
I posted before. Someone gifted me 150$ package. In general there are shitload of whales that will gladly gift you access. I got mine because i posted on one of the forums that i didn't know which package for 40$ i should choose and if there was a way to not pay vat tax someone just gifted me copy in pm.

I melted that package from Cutlass and Nox to base aurora, got for store credit SQ42 and there is still about 50$ left but i can't gift it or gift any package without spending actual money.

I posted before. Someone gifted me 150$ package. In general there are shitload of whales that will gladly gift you access. I got mine because i posted on one of the forums that i didn't know which package for 40$ i should choose and if there was a way to not pay vat tax someone just gifted me copy in pm.

I melted that package from Cutlass and Nox to base aurora, got for store credit SQ42 and there is still about 50$ left but i can't gift it or gift any package without spending actual money.
Lol nice. Yeah the whales need normies to be around, a game of just whales wouldn't be fun, so I see why they would do that. It's funny reading the forum posts where people theorycraft on how the supercarrier they spent 20,000 dollars on will be crewed by real humans, like people are going to sign up to be a janitor on some asshole's fancy ship.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

So you spent 40 USD on Star Citizen.

1$.
As I understood, you were prepared to spend 40 USD until sugar daddy came to the rescue. :)
So you've spent 40 bucks.
Stop boasting you only spent 1 dollar

Who has a right to boast? MEEE

I only spent 15 bucks!
Hey now, if planning to spend 40 dollars is the same as actually spending 40 dollars, then planning to make the best damn space game ever is the same as actually making the best damn space game ever.

In the real world, perkel paid 1$ into decidedly non best damn space game ever.
In "planning" world, perkel paid 40$ into the best damn space game ever.

I spent 0 bucks on this game and have gotten years of entertainment out of it, so I think I'm winning.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

1$.
As I understood, you were prepared to spend 40 USD until sugar daddy came to the rescue. :)

I only spent 15 bucks!
Hey now, if planning to spend 40 dollars is the same as actually spending 40 dollars, then planning to make the best damn space game ever is the same as actually making the best damn space game ever.

I spent 0 bucks on this game and have gotten years of entertainment out of it, so I think I'm winning.
yeah, planning to undoubtedly pay 40 USD is the same as... planning to make a game.

I raise the stakes

There is no "planning" world.

There is just the infinity of the universe.

Thus, on an identical planet as Earth, there is another Perkel with the exact same hair loss and shit stains on his underwear, with exact same hopes and aspirations and the exact same past, but with a crucial difference, he spent 40 USD on Star Citizen.
And another whole Earth with another exactly same Perkel that even paid VAT to those 40 USD.

1$.

I only spent 15 bucks!

yeah, planning to undoubtedly pay 40 USD is the same as... planning to make a game.

I raise the stakes

There is no "planning" world.

There is just the infinity of the universe.

Thus, on an identical planet as Earth, there is another Perkel with the exact same hair loss and shit stains on his underwear, with exact same hopes and aspirations and the exact same past, but with a crucial difference, he spent 40 USD on Star Citizen.
And another whole Earth with another exactly same Perkel that even paid VAT to those 40 USD.
I... guess? I mean, if there are infinite of them I suppose everything has happened to everyone. And theoretically there's even one where star citizen exists as a fun playable game.

More importantly, that means the stimpire exists somewhere out there. Eating civil meats, tripling the pain every second.

Myobi

Liturgist
https://massivelyop.com/2021/12/17/massively-ops-2021-awards-worst-mmo-business-model/

Congratulations Star Citizen!

Fun fact, shared that article in MMO-Champ, got a 2 week ban cuz "continually returning to a thread to bash a game contributes nothing to the discussion", meanwhile you got people posting in that thread alone for the last 10 years, bumping it by spamming the newest expensive jpgs and no one bats an eye to it =(

My feefee’s are hurt and I now realize why World of Warcraft might be in such a shit state.

Edited: Ding dong banu...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...um/3/thread/thanks-for-the-good-work-on-sq-42

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom