Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Myobi

Liturgist
The problem is that they do actually try to do what they promised not that they don't do what they promised.

The problem is that they keep promising, without even being aware of the cost & work behind those promises.

Chris suffers from the same sort of problem that Sean Murray had, not being able to shut the fuck up.

Data4

Arcane
The problem is that they do actually try to do what they promised not that they don't do what they promised.

The problem is that they keep promising, without even being aware of the cost & work behind those promises.

Chris suffers from the same sort of problem that Sean Murray had, not being able to shut the fuck up.
The problem is equally with all the true believers. Chris basically has shut the fuck up lately, and now they're all screaming "Waaah! I want a letter from the chairman!"

If they're going to salvage this thing, they need to spend at least the next year polishing what they have instead of adding more and more shit that doesn't work.

Perkel

Arcane

Looking at him it is more of a case not knowing your limits. On one hand if you don't aim high then you won't be able to to do anything amazing much like Elite which was very "safe" on other hand if you aim high you can have technological barrier that will ultimately compromise your vision and your goals which seems to be basically what SC development is and them going into unknown when it comes to tech hoping for good outcome.

Danikas

Arcane
Some numbers for 2021:

unknown.png

So if I'm reading this correctly, despite 10 years of failure and broken promises, they just had their biggest sales year ever and raised $85M? This is cult-like devotion.
They all end in kool aid ritual eventually.

fdggfddgfqrjht.jpg

Citizencon 2025 after Chris Roberts tells his devoted fans to join the great jpg in the sky.

Myobi

Liturgist

The problem is equally with all the true believers. Chris basically has shut the fuck up lately, and now they're all screaming "Waaah! I want a letter from the chairman!"

If they're going to salvage this thing, they need to spend at least the next year polishing what they have instead of adding more and more shit that doesn't work.

Yeah, lately…

… and I wonder why.

Polishing… what exactly though? The foundations to the entire damn thing still seem to be missing.

Looking at him it is more of a case not knowing your limits. On one hand if you don't aim high then you won't be able to to do anything amazing much like Elite which was very "safe" on other hand if you aim high you can have technological barrier that will ultimately compromise your vision and your goals which seems to be basically what SC development is and them going into unknown when it comes to tech hoping for good outcome.

You can aim high without running your mouth about it.

But alas, that won't get you fancy yachts and big ass mansions, will it?

Data4

Arcane
Polishing… what exactly though? The foundations to the entire damn thing still seem to be missing.

Stupid bugs in existing systems that kills any desire to play. I've mentioned before the tendency for boxes to fall into ship hulls on delivery missions. Nonsensical trade issues, which again, I've mentioned before. Why have high capacity cargo ships available when locations won't even buy the 66 SCU load of a Freelancer? World bugs, like death-by-staircase, or zone loading issues. Performance optimizations at Crusader would be nice. Otherwise, no point in going there. I get that this thing is really pre-alpha, but the playability has actually decreased rather than improved. A year ago, I could do trade missions and the occasional bounty hunt and earn enough credits to buy other ships, like a Prospector to do some mining. Now, I can't even complete a stupid box delivery without rage quitting due to the aforementioned bugs and trading is completely pointless.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Some numbers for 2021:

unknown.png

So if I'm reading this correctly, despite 10 years of failure and broken promises, they just had their biggest sales year ever and raised $85M? This is cult-like devotion.
Not so sure about that mate,it is just graph put out by the guys that make road map. I wouldn't be surprised if it is exactly the opposite. Scammers do tend to put a facades of success and prosperity while everything inside is empty.

Perkel

Arcane
Not so sure about that mate,it is just graph put out by the guys that make road map. I wouldn't be surprised if it is exactly the opposite. Scammers do tend to put a facades of success and prosperity while everything inside is empty.

Yeah but CIG every year has to put up financials for that year to UK which is public and so far they confirmed they indeed making a lot of money and more importantly they are spending it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Data4

Arcane

Stupid bugs in existing systems that kills any desire to play.

To play... what?

Tell me, if there were no bugs in-game right now, how exactly would you be spending your hours in it?

Trading, accumulating in-game wealth, buy mining ship, mine, accumulate more wealth. Gear out a fighter and do some bounty hunting, maybe give a run through the handful of mission arcs given by NPC's. All the non-combat stuff is relaxing when it works, as it used to in the past. That's why I play games now-- to chill out and relax.

Myobi

Liturgist
Trading, accumulating in-game wealth, buy mining ship, mine, accumulate more wealth. Gear out a fighter and do some bounty hunting, maybe give a run through the handful of mission arcs given by NPC's. All the non-combat stuff is relaxing when it works, as it used to in the past. That's why I play games now-- to chill out and relax.

Yeah, I understand, I wish there were other video games out there where we could chill and relax while trading, accumulating in-game wealth, buying shit in order to accumulate even more wealth…oh, fuck, hang on…

I don’t know dude, I might be wrong, but from what I’ve seen the content seems to be extremely limited, the base systems seem unfinished and broken as fuck, the player progression is barely there and condemned to rebooted with future patches…

Sounds like you are just repeating the same limited content over and over, in a painful and agonizing way, for fucking no reason at all… yet that’s supposed to feel relaxing.

Data4

Arcane

Yeah, I understand, I wish there were other video games out there where we could chill and relax while trading, accumulating in-game wealth, buying shit in order to accumulate even more wealth…oh, fuck, hang on…

I don’t know dude, I might be wrong, but from what I’ve seen the content seems to be extremely limited, the base systems seem unfinished and broken as fuck, the player progression is barely there and condemned to rebooted with future patches…

Sounds like you are just repeating the same limited content over and over, in a painful and agonizing way, for fucking no reason at all… yet that’s supposed to feel relaxing.

Ain't it funny how people who aren't you like different things for different reasons? Weird, huh?

Myobi

Liturgist

Ain't it funny how people who aren't you like different things for different reasons? Weird, huh?

*Pays to play a broken & unfinished game to “relax”.

*Complains that the game is too broken & unfinished to enjoy.

….

“Erp derp, people like different things!”

… right, well yeah dude, some people like mutilating themselves, and its fucking weird.

Data4

Arcane

I paid in 2013, when most people were still optimistic about it. Now it's just a case of getting my money's worth. I'd apologize for causing you butthurt, but I just don't care enough about you.

Myobi

Liturgist

I paid in 2013, when most people were still optimistic about it. Now it's just a case of getting my money's worth. I'd apologize for causing you butthurt, but I just don't care enough about you.

You don’t care about me, yet, for some weird reason you feel the need to justify yourself to me… ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, fun fact, I’ve been around since 2016, and so far, I was given 12 “butthurts”, most, if not all come from the same people, either Star Citizen or Fallout 76 fans… I’m starting to believe this is more of a projection issue.

Just ignore me dude, go enjoy carrying those boxes around or whatever, stack up those fat credits before the next server wipe hits. I wish you the best luck with the random explosions, clipping trough the ground, rape by staircases and all that shit, just relax and have fun.

ADL

Prophet
To be fair, they only wipe when they absolutely need to and the previous wipe cycle lasted 20 months. Physicalized inventory and iCache being the primary reasons. I still believe they're gonna soft-launch in 2024-2025 which would mean 2-3 more wipes at best. What gameplay loops are already in the game are fairly fleshed out and certainly more enjoyable than anything in X4/Elite Dangerous.

Only reason I'm not logging in daily like I used to is because 3.15/3.16 is acting fucky with recent drivers for my new GPU and I'm unwilling to roll back so I'll probably jump back in with the Gen12 renderer.

Myobi

Liturgist

ADL

Prophet
You could've stopped waiting six months ago because they delivered Crusader within a week of that post. Not much missing from Stanton except the hospital on Lorville and some small changes like Port Olisar being replaced and more rivers and outposts being added via procgen. If you meant "finished" as in they're never going to touch those areas in any capacity, then that's never happening because it's a continuously updated MMO so of course the landing zones will get new stuff and they might even add volcanoes and rivers to the existing planets somewhere down the line.

Myobi

Liturgist
finish their one and only solar system.

Not much missing from Stanton except...

stanton.jpg

Definition of finished
1 : entirely done

Are you finished yet?
: brought to a completed state reviewing a finished manuscript a finished job

If there are still things missing, then maybe, just maybe, the fucking thing isn't "entirely done" just yet.

But don't worry, still 1 year to go.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Yeah Stanton is not finished system. Some big tickets missing:

- Stanton star itself is just placeholder. IT works fine for most part but CIG said they want better looking stars up close.
- Arccorp asteroid belt and its gate system. Arccorp in lore is surrounded by dense asteroid belt that prevents quantum travel and people are forced to use gate system to safely travel past that asteroid belt.
- Jump gates toward other systems.
- Roads and rivers on planets (currently WIP)

That being said no one knows if CIG didn't change lore and arcorp will not have gate system around it, moreover from player gameplay perspective system is pretty much finished as everything above aside from gate system is just eye candy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom