Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Grimoire laughs at DNF's pitiful "record".

Modron

Arcane
You know it's peak comedy when you're game has been in development for longer than Versus XIII and Kingdom Hearts 3. Only three more years and it will surpass Duke Nukem Forever as the videogame that spent the most time in development hell.
Beyond Good and Evil 2 passed that point a year or two back already.

Myobi

Liturgist
Reported for butthurt harvesting.

It's a Star Citizen thread my dude, that report button probably doesn't work either... just wait until Jesus Tech gets implemented or some shit.

What the hell, 11 years?????

No, no, you just don't understand... CiG had to build itself from the ground up! Real development only started a few years ago, when Chris got himself another fancy yacht, opened up its 5th studio, last year they managed to release one entire major patch, damn impressive for a small indie company of +700 people if you ask me.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
Only three more years and it will surpass Duke Nukem Forever as the videogame that spent the most time in development hell.
"Development hell" implies that the developer's struggling to deliver a product. Star Citizen is a service in operation, customers pay CIG in exchange for semi-regular communications on how awesome "the game" is going to be. In business manuals, this is called the Gravy Train phase.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Only three more years and it will surpass Duke Nukem Forever as the videogame that spent the most time in development hell.
"Development hell" implies that the developer's struggling to deliver a product. Star Citizen is a service in operation, customers pay CIG in exchange for semi-regular communications on how awesome "the game" is going to be. In business manuals, this is called the Gravy Train phase.

This is the most successful "make work" project ever. It should be finished sometime around Chris Roberts' retirement and relocation to the Cayman Islands.

Perkel

Arcane
Myobi i know your problem. You didn't spend enough to get proper framerate and experience. Would you like to know more ?

Myobi

Liturgist
Myobi i know your problem. You didn't spend enough to get proper framerate and experience. Would you like to know more ?

Imo that shit is way too fucking expensive and too much space consuming for what it is, but you know at the end of the day, unlike dumb fucking JPGs, he can just use it for other video games or sell it on ebay, therefore still a better investment than a fucking Idris.

Perkel

Arcane
Imo that shit is way too fucking expensive and too much space consuming for what it is, but you know at the end of the day, unlike dumb fucking JPGs, he can just use it for other video games or sell it on ebay, therefore still a better investment than a fucking Idris.

Don't want to break your mind but there is actual black market for ships in SC.

lmao

Myobi

Liturgist

lmao

I know, I also know its against the EULA and may result in an account ban, no money and no Idris.

This doesn't happen with a thing that its actually yours, like an overly expensive fancy ass controller.

Gargaune

Magister
I know, I also know its against the EULA and may result in an account ban, no money and no Idris.

This doesn't happen with a thing that its actually yours, like an overly expensive fancy ass controller.
Ehueheh... I don't wanna jinx it, but the way our modern world's going it won't be long before your underwear comes with an EULA.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

lmao
So there is already the players, the fanbase, the design documents, the business model, the skin shop, the metagaming, the drama, and now the black market. Most of the SC experience is already there, no need to bother with the actual game.

Perkel

Arcane
3.18 was supposed to be released yesterday.
And it is still not released to live servers.

:hero:

Gromlintroid

Learned
No game that has been this long or longer in development has been good.
If this ever releases it will be shit as fuck.

Perkel

Arcane
imagine half finished alpha and...

image.png

Beastro

Arcane
I legitimately don't see the issue here :)

Man with severe hardon for creating his own private Hollywood franchise -and failing miserably- finds way to:
- realise his lifelong dream (even though deep down he probably knows he could only have managed by scamming)
- make fuckloads of money in the process
- feed his ego
- stay on the legal side of life's tumultuous highway

Good for him ^^
And good for me, getting the odd laugh out of all the commentary.
Man did the right fucking thing.
I busted ass for a lifetime and.. who the fuck says i'm better? Morals? As in arbitrary rules set by a need for maintaining a status quo? So we don't kill each other? We already are.
Ask Roberts who's doing better, lol, ask him that while he's enjoying a Cuban on that yaught shown above.. And good for him.

You also need people like ADL in this life, for two reasons:
- they (tend to) prevent overaccumulation
- by wasting their money they can occasionally help maintain markets or niches that would have otherwise perished without them. Markets we may have set foot in ourselves.

So thanks to ADL too; i'd never have wasted a cent of mine, but am sure glad you wasted yours tbh. No irony either, am being 100% sincere.

3eb2d75b-832a-4e71-b993-26d2c971c92c_text.gif

Myobi

Liturgist

image.png
Imagine over half a billion dollars and...

It's okay, I'm sure that once Jesus Tech is out, those who paid thousands of dollars to play this shit won't be locked behind endless queues with every major patch due shit servers, on the bright side, that's what... once a year nowadays, if you get lucky?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

image.png
Imagine over half a billion dollars and...

It's okay, I'm sure that once Jesus Tech is out, those who paid thousands of dollars to play this shit won't be locked behind endless queues with every major patch due shit servers, on the bright side, that's what... once a year nowadays, if you get lucky?

They should pay someone to at least convert the seconds into minutes and hours. Then again, maybe that's part of the game. It gives you something to do while you wait for your over 81 day queue to tick down.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
The fuck, that looks like total shit. What happened to the natural visuals this game used to have?

Last edited:
As they move from Unicorn fantasies to the reality of development (after 11 years), I guess the game will start trending toward something more realistic... like Elite Dangerous or Empyrion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom