Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Psquit

Arcane
It's Tsukihime remake
So they also remade the story to include the new melty blood characters, or does I have it backward ?
Well... Tsukihime was an eroge that eventually got popular enough to get a fighting game to promote the vn. The result was Melty Blood, a fighting game/visual novel that continues the story, the game was liked enough to get updated with a better version with fixed gameplay and balance. The last version is "Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code". The remake of Tsukihime was announced like a decade ago, to promote the vn (again) they made a new version of Melty Blood with the remake characters (updated design, etc). That gacha shit of fate made this remake possible since they have a shitload of money to experiment.

Here's some "high" level gameplay of me using my fav. Edgelord Vlov Arkhangel.
Edit: Also no Nero Chaos both in the new fighting game and vn. He gets mentioned in the new vn but he's not present. Apparently, he got promoted from shitty mid-boss to top dog.

Last edited:

Modron

Arcane
Being a big fan of the movies, I really wanted to like Mad Max. I couldn't play it for more than a few hours though. Just bland and boring to me.
Now try a Just Cause game or The Saboteur.
I've got Just Cause 1-3 on Steam but only tried the first game so far. It felt too dated for me to enjoy it. Are the sequels a significant improvement?

play 2, it has the best ideas of the series with the least fat. 3 and 4 just built on top of 2's excellent foundation. if you find you don't like it, then you'll know to pass on the series
Least fat? Just Cause 2 was nothing but fat. I was just recommending games that were even more bland and boring monotonous affairs. Don't do it.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
j82uVjZ.jpg

xMJ9rhv.jpg

Destroy All Humans. Fun game, haven't played something so gameplay centric for quite a while. Plus..
fgjdXxQ.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
Tomb Raider 3

India looks MUCH better than IRL in this game:

WgqG6tt.jpg

1VTLsTw.jpg

bTQ7Sg3.jpg

And new effects for fire / smoke / etc. look nice

LoGgTAw.jpg

Some other things look nice too...

5sTPc5v.jpg

Next stop: Nevada

Q8VIuug.jpg

Ejwhv2a.jpg

Now I know what inspired Fallout 3 devs...

:(

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh men, unless the player isn't into low poly sightseeing. Anachronox without framerate speedup is unplayable...

In order to get aboard the brain train and travel to Sunder, a haven for technobabbling geniuses, Sly Boots have to bullshit his way through the technobabbler bouncer first by pretending he' native from "Awooga" and only speaks its dialect and allow PAL-18 to explain some scientific paper-tier nonsense asked by the bouncer, whilst is also pretending to translate Sly's made up words. Really creative!
GJULHJp.png

Turns out your party has a very "JRP-G-Gameyy" face.
6aohGe3.png

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
EiNwsXa.png

The “hero” opens his diary while in the background the magical chanting of healing spells from clerics can be heard.
He starts writing:
"
Many days have passed since we walked violently through the dense dark forests.
We've dodged many hideous traps, disarmed, and yes, unfortunately sometimes triggered.
I never expected to attack and kill so many abominations...
And I've never seen a creature like this, hidden
in a cabin in the treacherous but beautiful forest.
Disturbingly intelligent, painful to look at, and evil in spirit like the creatures
who have often fallen victim to our swords.
In the heat of battle, a hidden knife ended the sick figure's life.
Two of my comrades are on the brink of death.
Grim pain fills my heart and a question arises in my head at that moment.
How much hatred did someone deserve for such a fate?
I fear the answer...
"

These party members on the ground are not dead, they are unconscious.
I attacked the two with bare fists until they hit HP 1.
The reason was to create a scene for the screenshot.

If you are interested in the story of the fat creature, try to charm it and then talk to it.
It will tell you more about its fate.

spekkio

Arcane
Tomb Raider 3 (with dgVoodoo)

It's time to prove Mulder was always right... By storming Area 51!

:yeah:

zokjHNm.jpg

7pt7uLM.jpg

Hobos with buggies? :?

maka49s.jpg

Fuck yuo.

97uHSyR.jpg

Black lives don't matter much in this game...

O6FUOb0.jpg

Evil Murican Military Complex in action.

uGHwVnx.jpg

Kwans stole all Lara's guns. But they gonna pay soon...

6Us3wdb.jpg

:obviously:

LAdxcVn.jpg

:obviously:

Cj5i1uf.jpg

Fucken knew it! They exist!

2pPSzte.jpg

OMG! They've killed ET! :cry:

EgQcXMV.jpg

It's bigger in the inside.

With two artifacts aquired, it's time to leave US and visit some more civilized area: South East Asia.

NLZbRGc.jpg

:incline:

And it looks like the "wrong secrets counter fix" described in the "unofficial patches" thread works fine - game shows 4 secrets in this area instead of 3:

ur5c7Ah.jpg

:dance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom