Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

When I played DDDA, I got her as my default beloved, even though several girls had the purple aura on them, which indicates the beloved status iirc.

It's who you last talk to last, before the Deny Salvation quest. So pick out the one you prefer with the glow, talk to them, then do Deny Salvation.
I'd have to try. I actually don't remember if I talked to her last, but she was the first one to get it.

Gahbreeil

Learned
ceSgkBI.jpg

Yes, it is a no cheat playthrough on normal difficulty and normal combat difficulty. Yes I got as far as getting the Voice Control Module for Vault 13.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I'd say something about why do you feel the need to stipulate that it is a no cheat playthrough, but considering how many of the users on this site have admitted to using cheats in every game they play, I guess a no cheat playthrough is an uncommon enough thing around here that it needs to be pointed out.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/cheaters.121535/
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...-of-cheat-engine-console-commands-etc.145500/
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/cheating.123117/
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/cheat-engine-speed-hack.139582/

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I never use cheats due to a certain gentlemanly code of conduct I have developed after having played many games.
I use the console, however, when annoying bugs and glitches crop up. If I am simply experimenting with something or doing something outrageous(like spawning hundreds of enemies of a certain type) I do it merely for experimentation purposes and not official playthroughs.

Gahbreeil How is that sneaking working out for you?
Also, that low Perception means your enemies will get two turns in a row when attacking you.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Industria

If you like Half Life 2 and mods related to the game, Industria will be a good addition to the collection. But instead of Source engine, we get the Unreal one. The combat is average at best for me. Various robot enemies are scattered all around, and we've got typical weapons, such as pistol, smg, shotgun and rifle. Most notably the shotgun is a very strong option. I was able to kill with one shot a couple of enemies, once they've started chasing me. There is a melee "fighter", a small robot that detonates when it's close enough to our position, plus troopers that are relentless, when they see us approaching. Later on we encounter another melee fighting robot which is way faster and aggressive. We gather ammo from smashed crates, and we can't pick it up from fallen enemies. We gather healing vials, that can be used anytime we want, and apart from autosaves, there are manual saves as well through the typewriters.

The puzzles aren't very difficult. Just like in HL, they are building a bridge to another section of the map. Visually it looks nice, even for such a small project. The biggest flaw of the game, is that right after it start getting interesting, we start seeing end credits. This feels like a first chapter of a whole bigger title. A plot taking place in Eastern Germany just when the Berlin Wall was falling, was an interesting choice that makes Industria more distinctive. Also, making all the signs in german auto translating when are near them added more immersion to the whole experience.

I would recommend it, but only if it's with a big discount, or in a bundle.

20230203130921_153chr.jpg

20230203131829_1lvfqz.jpg

20230203134432_1ifimn.jpg

20230203140437_1yqf7f.jpg

20230203141606_12li3i.jpg

20230203144448_11fico.jpg

20230203145045_1ziewq.jpg

20230203150016_1jidxy.jpg

20230203150751_1lfc7s.jpg

20230203151000_115df2.jpg

20230203151354_1yhdia.jpg

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, Claire B in Resident Evil 2 (PC SourceNext version) is done!

X2AEEvh.jpg

rKlAjCj.jpg

vhIN6sp.jpg

Qnof4vb.jpg

D88KniC.jpg

YA3rOYy.jpg

euSlMVN.jpg

kn3C0G4.jpg

6zoow8X.jpg

525kMr3.jpg

hwqGveN.jpg

oFgVFUx.jpg

xbWy3jc.jpg

EgGdIID.jpg

You know what's next...

pMRAUCJ.jpg

8sfNyZa.jpg

:dance:

Lhynn

Arcane
I always go for the objectively superior experience. If I have to modify the games parameters to get it so be it.

You retards talk as if developers were enlightened geniuses and players were philistines that didnt know any better, that should slurp whatever any given dev shits out.

curds

Magister
I always go for the objectively superior experience. If I have to modify the games parameters to get it so be it.

You retards talk as if developers were enlightened geniuses and players were philistines that didnt know any better, that should slurp whatever any given dev shits out.
I think there are two types of player: those who look at games light entertainment and some who look at it as entertainment still, but also an artform.

The first group plays the way you describe and the second group likes play the games as the devs made it, even if it isn't perfect. I'm in the second group myself, at least for first playthroughs.

Zlaja

Arcane
Ion Fury

Time to kick some ass
ME15ZSBH_o.jpg

ME15ZSBI_o.jpg

ME15ZSBK_o.jpg

Commando reference
ME15ZSBJ_o.jpg

ME15ZSBL_o.jpg

Bald antagonist
ME15ZSBM_o.jpg

ME15ZSBN_o.jpg

ME15ZSBO_o.jpg

I thought they removed these bottles from the game because it was "offensive".
ME15ZSBP_o.jpg

I'm terrible at finding secrets, but I did find this one
ME15ZSBQ_o.jpg

axx

Savant
DN3D implemented reflections by duplicating the room behind the mirror (except dead enemies). It's probably the same in Ion Fury as it uses the same build engine.
Also I don't remember ever seeing that car, I did a playthrough where I found all secrets except one, this must be it.

Gahbreeil

Learned
Gahbreeil How is that sneaking working out for you?
Also, that low Perception means your enemies will get two turns in a row when attacking you.
I die often but at level 12 I can get weapon handling which allows me to finally use a gun semi-decent. Had to be unarmed most of the game but with companions I managed to even get the GECK. Sneaking doesn't really work out to well.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I'd say something about why do you feel the need to stipulate that it is a no cheat playthrough, but considering how many of the users on this site have admitted to using cheats in every game they play, I guess a no cheat playthrough is an uncommon enough thing around here that it needs to be pointed out.
What's even the point of using cheatengine to speed up games? I remember someone saying fanta does that with everything, and I couldn't even guess the reasoning for cRPGs outside of a total allergy to narrative.

It's a tiny Catholic Byzantium in the 15th century! Isnt it just adorable?View attachment 33278
how dare you?!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Serious question: How the fuck did you get out of Hel? I was playing Rune and absolutely got stuck on that level because I couldnt find the exit.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
What's even the point of using cheatengine to speed up games?

I personally don't do it, mainly because when I took up the majority of my gaming habits, cheatengine wasn't a thing. That said, isometric party based RPG especially (see BG and PoE), have often huge open areas. Your party spends (relatively speaking) a lot of time just going through empty or useless terrain to, for example:

-Exit an explored area.
-Backtrack a cleared dungeon to a spot where it's safe to rest
-Hit various stores in town
-Talk to questgivers or other NPCs

People use cheatengine mainly to speed up those parts. As I said I don't use it but I always enable cheats when replaying BG and use the teleport to cursor function because, frankly speaking, the Waukeen Promenade has become a bit stale for me, after 20 years.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom