Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

octavius

Arcane
Patron
rune1.png

Eventually there comes a time in a men's life when he has to face a horde of daemon viking ninjas.
Is that midgets? Or just some bigass weapons?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Is that midgets? Or just some bigass weapons?

Bigass weapons. Which is funny because they are made by dwarves.

Also, those bigass weapons are actually extra-sized, because I assume the warriors of Loki have some kind of x1.5 model size modifier, which also affects their gear. This means that though you wield the same ones, they actually have longer reach, which makes fighting them even more of a pain in the ass before you turn into a chaos space marine :argh:

Viata

Arcane
Anyone else seeing a ghost page 1327 that sends you back to the first page of the thread? What the hell? :whatho:
Not in this thread, but in the "Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]" thread:
image.png

If I click in any page past 1748, it sends me to the first page. But this only happens because I clicked on a post via the alert tab. If I click in any page before 1748, this problem doesn't happen anymore. Weird shit.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Also, those bigass weapons are actually extra-sized, because I assume the warriors of Loki have some kind of x1.5 model size modifier, which also affects their gear. This means that though you wield the same ones, they actually have longer reach, which makes fighting them even more of a pain in the ass before you turn into a chaos space marine :argh:
It does feel great to fight and move around once you do turn into chaos marine.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
If I click in any page past 1748, it sends me to the first page. But this only happens because I clicked on a post via the alert tab. If I click in any page before 1748, this problem doesn't happen anymore. Weird shit.
Twiglard
If this started to happen today, it's fallout from DU acting on a request of a single poster asking to delete all 10k of his posts.

TIL either busty blondes really like their Jojo, or are really passionate about Black Sabbath's first six records. Or maybe both?

spekkio

Arcane
Nah, started RE:CV yesterday and I'm already hating the franchise.

Every time either Leo Steve or Albert show up / start taking I feel like killing myself.

Epic

:decline:

If our daimyo is to become Shogun, military ruler of all Japan...

vGgNbllR_o.jpg

TvoRkF23_o.jpg

cwVHTTeJ_o.jpg

uisR8mNI_o.jpg

cg3vZdxd_o.jpg

bsFZ0G87_o.jpg

InDGO2oD_o.jpg

OMURYnsL_o.jpg

wJhkXyJs_o.jpg
Kt3XwAaW_o.jpg

3O5nb5ll_o.jpg

From campaigns as Date, Satsuma and Uesugi. The naval battles were a good addition. shame they're not in newer games. There's something appealing about showing a mundane setting, in different seasons, lighting... there is not a single part of this game thats visually overdesigned or screenshotable, and yet it ends up comfy and interesting.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Why does Castile hold half of Finland
They actually owned all of Scandinavia for a few decades through inheritance. Eventually Norway broke free though.
Other than that, England is all over the place with territory for some reason, Muscovy is still a PU under my king and has been bothering the East Asians for a while now. They cant form into Russia because I own Novgorod. :smug:
Austria is a fucking juggernaut and my greatest rival. I got full Quality, most army ideas, am the Holy Roman Emperor and Papa Controller and I still have a hard time stemming the tide of Austrian balkan armies.

Mini-Byzantium actually still exists and even conquered a slice of Thrace by themselves!

Oh and...

Polish culture is still around. You can't do controlled culture changes in EUIII I believe. It is getting replaced by PRUSSIAN but only bit by bit.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Why does Castile hold half of Finland
They actually owned all of Scandinavia for a few decades through inheritance. Eventually Norway broke free though.
Other than that, England is all over the place with territory for some reason, Muscovy is still a PU under my king and has been bothering the East Asians for a while now. They cant form into Russia because I own Novgorod. :smug:
Austria is a fucking juggernaut and my greatest rival. I got full Quality, most army ideas, am the Holy Roman Emperor and Papa Controller and I still have a hard time stemming the tide of Austrian balkan armies.

Mini-Byzantium actually still exists and even conquered a slice of Thrace by themselves!

Oh and...

Polish culture is still around. You can't do controlled culture changes in EUIII I believe. It is getting replaced by PRUSSIAN but only bit by bit.
There are certain factors which increase your chances to assimilate them, although I can't remember exactly what they are because it's been years. You could also use the settlement policy province decision to try to change it; the MTTH is much, much lower but it gives serious debuffs to your province and also to your diplomatic relations.

Tbh, I much prefer how culture was handled in EU3 than EU4; it should be much harder to change than just press button and wait.

spekkio

Arcane
Took a short break from RE to test one game that's REALLY missing from GoG / Steam library...

Game works fine out of the box, without any fixes or tweaks. Just make sure to enable "High DPI scaling override" in Avp2.exe if menus are not properly aligned:

HCsLYqG.png

And voila (1280x960):

LYVkwAK.jpg

2g4oeK9.jpg

o5h0YBO.jpg

au43qBo.jpg

:dance:

If you want to play in widescreen with proper FOV, grab the AVP2 Custom Launcher.

Game in 1920x1080:

s1y9O9e.jpg

BmxVy4V.jpg

PCGamingWiki lists like ~ 100 bugs on modern systems, yet I got zero.

:incline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom