Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
People use cheatengine mainly to speed up those parts. As I said I don't use it but I always enable cheats when replaying BG and use the teleport to cursor function because, frankly speaking, the Waukeen Promenade has become a bit stale for me, after 20 years.
You have haste spells and Boots of Speed.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Nah, I play IE games resting as little as I can. If I play with a full party, I usually only rest after clearing a location or between levels. Haste wastes slots if used for general navigation. You can hoard potions but I find it just a chore. It's a game I played literally dozens of times.

When going solo ofc boots of speed cover 95% of your needs.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Serious question: How the fuck did you get out of Hel? I was playing Rune and absolutely got stuck on that level because I couldnt find the exit.

To return to this for a moment, it was pretty funny to me when I read that Rune was largely made by ex-Raven people who worked on Hexen, because for some reason replaying Hexen made me feel like replaying Rune. Guess you can't cheat DNA.

It also explains many of the more aggravating 'what did that fucking button even dooooooooooo' moments of which this game has plenty.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
hanse.png

The Hanse not only colonized the southern USA, they also own Patagonia. AND the AI moved its capital to the New World. Is that... Jersey?

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Heavensward had some neat vistas for 2015

DUb4M3A.png

Also, way more expressive facial animations than I've seen in other MMOs. (Reacting to a dear friend being mortally wounded.)

4odD0zq.jpg

That scene made me a little teary, in part because you could see just how much the loss of someone was actually emotionally affective to her (and the others around her).

The appeal is increasing frame rate whenever you play JRPG on PS1 with annoying slow loading between battles.

Okay, but what has that got to do with people using cheatengine to speed up cRPGs on PC, and doing so consistently for every game?

Edit: thanks Matalarata

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Good old Paradox. I gained a PU over Muscovy despite having a regency council myself. But then again, who cares, this rules:
getin.jpg

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
View attachment 33288

The Hanse not only colonized the southern USA, they also own Patagonia. AND the AI moved its capital to the New World. Is that... Jersey?
Yeah EU3 used to do this a lot. I remember once Portugal moved its capital to Brazil and completely gave up its Iberian possessions to Spain.
Good old Paradox. I gained a PU over Muscovy despite having a regency council myself. But then again, who cares, this rules:
View attachment 33308
Might as well give up now; you'll spend the rest of your ingame time trying to fix that horrible border-gore.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
rune2.png

You know what they say. If you can't beat the daemon viking ninjas, might as well become one.

rune3.png

And then hammer them all into the fucking ground :argh:

Observation 1: Hammer timing in this game is extremely satisfying.

Observation 2: Rune might be the only game other than EYE that properly relays your character's OOMPH when he becomes a chaos space marine. Especially when jumping around

rune4.png

Badfellas

rune5.png

thinking.png

rune6.png

Ragnar pondered this for a second.

rune7.png

But where he comes from, they don't negotiate with TERRERISTS

rune8.png

eat shit and die :smug:

rune9.png

I wondered if I could carry Conrack's still-bleeding severed head through the portal to Asgard, and I was not disappointed.

rune10.png

:dance:

cool as fuck game

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
You know what they say. If you can't beat the daemon viking ninjas, might as well become one.

undefined

Do you know if the GoG version is the same as the one you played through here?

Getting the game on ZOG gives you access to two versions. The 'primary' one is Rune: Classic which is a re-release from some years ago and which should be AVOIDED LIKE THE PLAGUE. Apart from that you'll also find Rune Gold in the extras, which is the original version of the game, and the one you should be playing.

Jinn

Arcane
Getting the game on ZOG gives you access to two versions. The 'primary' one is Rune: Classic which is a re-release from some years ago and which should be AVOIDED LIKE THE PLAGUE. Apart from that you'll also find Rune Gold in the extras, which is the original version of the game, and the one you should be playing.

Thank you! Hadn't looked in the extras folder yet.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
rune2.png

rune3.png

And then hammer them all into the fucking ground :argh:

Observation 1: Hammer timing in this game is extremely satisfying.

Observation 2: Rune might be the only game other than EYE that properly relays your character's OOMPH when he becomes a chaos space marine. Especially when jumping around

rune4.png

Badfellas

rune5.png

thinking.png

rune6.png

Ragnar pondered this for a second.

rune7.png

But where he comes from, they don't negotiate with TERRERISTS

rune8.png

eat shit and die :smug:

rune9.png

I wondered if I could carry Conrack's still-bleeding severed head through the portal to Asgard, and I was not disappointed.

rune10.png

:dance:

cool as fuck game
Now that I think of it, it was probably a stupid idea to throw away all the weapons before I sent Ragnar to Valhalla.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
So, remember how I said I was getting old? Turns out that my reaction timing wasn't the problem; I'm apparently just far less patient than I used to be and don't take the time to analyse situations and respond to them in an appropriate way. Funny how some bullshit 3D platformer from the 90s can teach you something about yourself, huh?

Speaking of 3D platformers...
image.png

...why did they all have absolutely fucking atrocious driving sections? If I had wanted a driving game, I would've played one.

spekkio

Arcane
BROs, Resident Evil 3 (SourceNext PC version) is complete!

Same as with RE2, PC SourceNext version > Gamecube version.

jE0EdWi.png

More info here.

rztFcst.jpg

0iKoPQO.jpg

XgSdBgd.jpg

VliSuVX.jpg

l7mC7zV.jpg

uhk3xZe.jpg

C0zwj04.jpg

6OSACvC.jpg

C1qBPSd.jpg

OuYWCZD.jpg

Results:

kvnFyx3.jpg

Also, for the 1st time I got all the texts (check out HD icons as well):

wWyodwD.jpg

yG5orBY.jpg

Rare Pepe done via .cfg editing:

XHPv35X.jpg

zZBd8VU.jpg

m07mDmr.jpg

What's next? Well, only mostly the decline:

vY2DTnR.jpg

GTy7LZR.jpg

jgDP1V4.jpg

FXc0p2Q.jpg

:roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom