Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Stokowski

Arcane
Oklihoma expansion is so purty

1LPjqDh.png

'Murican Truck Simulator.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
BA807D3BEE654E95FFE128D8B978430D8F6AF661

*Strong Scottish voice*
Come through the heather, around him gather, You're all the welcomer ea wait are you ok ?

46B5FF37763E4D46B743571F3DF0D7AE39C4C49B

OH MY GOD I have almost the same van. GOTY for me.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Did you like the last TT game (3)? I had a lot of fun with it.
Did not try. Took this one a bit at random, it had good reviews and I found it cheap.

Or should I say... I found it sheeep ?

849B978D9F8113A6815B8A27BE8B23A3E9C40906

Heard the 3 had a Man free roam, must be great.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Hexen 2 has some impressively well thought-out level design.

Exhibit A, a castle gatehouse:

hexen01.png

Starting from the far end, we have a drawbridge, controlled I think from one of the guard rooms to the left and right, which are behind firing slits for archers. Above we have a set of murder holes with a pot of boiling whatever standing over a fire, to be poured over the invaders. Finally in front of where I'm standing is I think a portcullis that is controlled from a room within earshot of that boiling pot.

I wonder if they were basing it on something real or if they actually had an idea how medieval castles worked.

Exhibit B, some tools in a stables:

hexen04.png

When you first see this, it looks like just any other meaningless prop. But later on you find a shovel that was very clearly taken exactly from this rack.

Exhibit C, a furnace in a forge:

hexen05.png

In most other games this furnace would end here.

hexen06.png

But in Hexen 2 it actually has a chimney leading further up through the first floor to the roof.

And now for some random things

hexen02.png

Seeing "shoppe" in medieval games never gets old.

hexen03.png

A bar called 'The Raven's Nest' is a recurring gag in Raven games. You will also find one in Heretic 2 and Wolfensteen '09. I'm actually surprised the cantina at the start of Nar Shaddaa in Jedi Outcast isn't called like that.

Last edited:

Strig

Scholar
Post the name of the game after the screenshots, you absolute cunts. Especially if it's clearly something obscure. You are not cooler for not doing so.
I had to suffer this shite for around a decade without the means to even ask, so now you'll suffer too. The cycle o violence continues.

The Decline, index.php, Strange Fellow, Kabas, Modron, d1r, it's Veil of Madness, an entry in the recent Dungeon Crawler Jam. It's extremely short, very unpolished and like a modern version of The Legacy: Realm of Terror. The author is supposedly thinking about expanding the jam version which would be very welcome.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom