Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Vlajdermen

Arcane
77p Egg: Eggwife

Cvx8U1W.png

eMFRwCo.png

ot3nUBO.png

NR2aZIC.png

t3bap2v.png

UTtPbB4.png

Blonsky

Prophet
Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix

And this, harmless conversation starts a game story long fight between two mercenary companies
uXdWm1K.jpeg

You are a mercenary company; so Lords, Generals and even common people think you are just someone making money by killing people and no other value..
njcekWI.jpeg

... ohh, but the lords come up with these kinds of missions and thats OK.
G9b96Ry.jpeg

If i ever get a piece of gold for every disowned prince, knight or heir to the throne i helped in a videogame...
WyEI6GT.jpeg

Most of the time you fight other humans and their classes but..
pWl8Nqk.jpeg

..sometimes(rarely) its a rare monster/ strong sorcerer/ a boss or something different..
Kue4gnY.jpeg

Ohh look, i get to temporarly use a overpowered character(The King).. that will definitely not turn on me.. later on...
wm7kCCi.jpeg

Jezzz, Lady, he is like 16yo and a priest(class).. back off, get a cold shower or something...
47rqEYU.jpeg

Anyway, this is one of the games from the Mercenaries(Saga) games.

Other games are :
Mercenaries Saga 1 -Will of the White Lions-
Mercenaries Saga 2 -Order of the Silver Eagle-
Mercenaries Saga 3 -Gray Wolves of War-
Mercenaries Blaze
Mercenaries Rebirth: Call of the Wild Lynx
Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix
Mercenaries Lament: Requiem of the Silver Wolf -Coming up soon

I played, so far, 4 of them (finished 2)... in retrospective... thats alot of wasted time :| ... like Pathfinder, another rerun time, wasted for two of these games..
They are mostly: life of a mercenary company in different situations or different stories/settings/goals of main character plotstories or somethinge else...
Maps are a bit small but always give something new to challenge you, and sometimes you need to make a character that can finish that one sidemission/quest you need for a bonus.
Its mostly fight/grind(alot) to unlock better classes that are usefull, and then steroide them up, until the final mission.
Late game is just item boosting (get the right item and add the right bonuses to it).
Buttttt.. every Game costs between 12 to 20 bucks, and all of that (summed up) is not worth it :decline: ... they are mostly expansion packs (different stories, very similar to previus versions with very little improvements, improved character images, some class changes..)

Anyway, tactic/party building/grind game, with grind as the main progress function.
Still, it ALL depends about what you want/are willing-to-do for a grind-addicts-game... and there is always pirates out there...

How did you do it with the Sniper Rifle?
I am nearly always struggling a bit even with the Turbo Plasma Rifle against the Mother Deathclaw.
Savescumming and a lot of patience. I am not proud of the events that happened that day. Aim for the eyes and you can crit for over a hundred damage, also threw a flare to help with accuracy

Just Locus

Educated
Finished my replay of Dark Souls III
Brass Armor Set
Astora's Greatsword / Sunlight Straightsword
Sacred Oath, Deep Protection, and Tears of Denial Miracles.
40 Faith and Strength, rest is Vigor and Endurance.

rb2bYUK.png

Dr1f7

Scholar
Iratus: Lord of the Dead for those wondering. Fun at first when you figure out party composition but after one third of the game it becomes very repetitive because it is only the same fights over and over. I would recommend it only heavily discounted if you like this type of games, and be ready to abandon it once it becomes stale.
it just looks so ugly
but they have a femdev with nice tits

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Mecha Simultactics Alpha
MechaSimultacticsmO1.png
MechaSimultacticsOUe.png

MechaSimultacticsfHV.png

MechaSimultacticsrOV.png

Against CPUs i am cool and shit but against real players i am getting bodied. :negative:

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The three dudes spawning outside and casting stoneskin before you can kill them all and the cloudkill on top of your cleric can be annoying for sure, but otherwise the fight is not that hard if you have +2 weapons. Web on a choke point and spam your AoE, you can even kill Yxunomei with 2 lucky skull traps.

edit: fuck, that sounded douchey, it is very hard fight if you don't know it's coming

Last edited:

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Looks pretty cool.

Devs are describing it as an alpha version of the game and there is only one map currently but what you can do here is already pretty cool.
Like, you can grab an enemy mech and throw it at the building or something only for the enemy to activate a power-up mode midflight that will stop his flying momentum.
To which you can respond by teleporting behind him.
MechaSimultacticsMRo.png

Grabbing the bitch again, throwing him again and blasting him with an energy ball while he is still midflight.
MechaSimultacticsAaG.png

By the way, i found by accident that if energy ball touches another it will create a stronger explosion.
You can also parry and block attacks, perform vertical and horizontal slashes, quickly dodge and lunge at enemies after moving in the straight line.
All turns are simultaneous so battles mostly consists of trying to guess your enemy's action and choosing your own accordingly. After the battle ends you get a replay that shows everything that happened in real-time.
Devs are promising more stuff in the future like being able to choose your mech loadout.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom