Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

zwanzig_zwoelf

DisciplesIII%202014-03-16%2007-15-54-20.png

DisciplesIII%202014-03-19%2021-39-18-19.png

DisciplesIII%202014-03-20%2021-38-45-13.png

zwanzig_zwoelf

winuae%202014-03-21%2023-58-45-76.png

Giving original Hired Guns another go. Now with Kircher Kiurcher, Myriel Miyriel, Osverger Desverger and Rorian.
Holy crapshitdick, the stories about illiterate producers of the sequel are fucking true. Misreading 'Desverger' as 'Osverger'... :lol:

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Star Wars: Dudebros of the Rebublic
RpuwXCr.jpg

DQpqmTo.jpg

DZKUsjC.jpg

1QUUK28.jpg

It's linear scripted popamole, but I like it, at least it doesn't have shitty pretentious cutscenes every 5 seconds and your squadmates don't talk like total retards. Make it more "open", add more options too command the troops and replace those Republic faggots with Imperial stormtroopers - that would make it cool game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
winuae%202014-03-21%2023-58-45-76.png

Giving original Hired Guns another go. Now with Kircher Kiurcher, Myriel Miyriel, Osverger Desverger and Rorian.
Holy crapshitdick, the stories about illiterate producers of the sequel are fucking true. Misreading 'Desverger' as 'Osverger'... :lol:

I can't tell from your screenshot (and due to the fact that I haven't played the game in almost 20 years) but you should try to have one robot on your team. They don't drown.

zwanzig_zwoelf

I can't tell from your screenshot (and due to the fact that I haven't played the game in almost 20 years) but you should try to have one robot on your team. They don't drown.
I intentionally picked these characters and in this order - they are only playable characters in the sequel.

Also, how does the story fit into the previous games' lore?
Do I look like a die-hard, pretentious fan of Disciples series?

Concerning the story: I have no fucking clue, since I didn't play much of Disciples 1-2.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I have to say the Undead campaigns in Disciples 2 were the most satisfying ones, story-wise, both in the OC and in the expansion. Especially the finale of servants of the dark, when you send undead Lachla'an straight into Gallean's sacred grove, and he goes all "SUP DAD"

zwanzig_zwoelf

Concerning the story: I have no fucking clue, since I didn't play much of Disciples 1-2.

I don't know when it's supposed to be set, but going off the end of D2: Rise of the Elves -

The Empire just got over the destruction of the previous royal line and a civil war, and are ruled by Embry the Paladin and the Queen of Spies. They're still pretty powerful but recently lost a war to the Elves.
The elves are aggressive, warlike and expansionist, and their god - Galleon - has gone insane due to the events of Disciples 2: Servants of the Dark. They should be in control of several key regions once settled by humans.
The Mountain Clans got #rekt, and their Queen was murdered by the Elves. They hate elves, although there may also be a civil war going on. They're basically just hiding at the moment.
The Legions of the Damned...just do general demon shit. Killing everyone, trying to free Bethrezen etc.
The Undead Hordes accomplished pretty much everything they set out to do. I can't remember if Zombie Lach'anlan (or w/e Galleon's son was called) is supposed to still be around and under Mortis' control.

Does that match what's happening in D3 or have they basically rebooted it?
AFAIK they rebooted it but IIRC
the Empire and elves storylines are pretty much continued.

sser

Arcane
Developer
That last picture looks like the main character's neighborhood from San Andreas.

Astral Rag

Arcane
It's good to be back

9F59C94D03B2EBCDFB20287BC46B55DAF4F7E4E0

DEFA4771822196B73ECF025AF3B2EBA83BC96C2D

D76EA7F6E06EBCBE6336B7A7B144DEC425834626

Mein Leben
88BF4E2A7F4EC324DF0D1349E7E61F914E77E0A3

Bon appétit
887E20C67235FCCA8DA929518C7A61F4BC52979F

07CEDE629F917325913C3C62AA90FF2101CE3898

Dutch recruitment poster...

9232E6FB6F51DE29D0A7E8FAA19892F2342EF9D6

7FAE6DA9C10E79334E3B002F0CFBC4CEBCA48A2E

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
Also really liked that game, but it had some weird bug which prevented further progress, on a level with a nuclear reactor.
Was it a bug or did you just place the rods wrong?
:codexisfor:
:troll:
BTW: Is top difficulty level meant for coop?
Enemies are ridiculously durable in it, but actually pack a bit less damage than in second highest, you also get more ammo and larger medstation pools.

It doesn't follow the same trend as the remaining difficulty settings (more damage, less ammo, less health resources, linear increase in enemy HP) and the only thing fun about it is tight ammo management (because enemies have so inflated HP pools) - the combat is just tedious and with scarce ammo it's better to just run past most of the time.
Still, you could achieve exactly the same balance without tedium by doubling enemy damage (relative to how it is in game at this setting), halving their HP (to less ludicrous value), and halving the carryable ammo pools, so coop it is?

On an unrelated note - the game has aged pretty well visually, it doesn't even look fugly in software.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom