Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Stokowski

Arcane
rhURasL.jpg

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
C5OlRH.jpg

ixwuhf.jpg

"I don't believe it! It's that Abe guy! Promotion, here I come."

Those flying copter-sligs are hilarious :D

Ashery

Prophet
Ho-hum. Nothing to see here.

7u1QKeG.png

So, after picking up the game last night, I decided to play on a custom difficulty which was basically just hard with a maxed out AI. The above is the result of one night's play.

Or, more specifically, two ugly battles in one day. I managed to beat the rebels right after the peninsula, but four of my soldiers got incapped and the win was mostly due to shitty AI pathing (They'd block a single width path with a soldier and screw up the pathing code for the rest of their party) and the fact that hunters can outrun soldiers. But it was a win when the game's text implied that I had poor odds, so I was happy with the outcome.

That night, however, a larger group of rebels ambushed me while I camped. That group was pretty much a machete macuahuitl rape squad. Ten to my six, I started almost completely surrounded, and they went first. My goal? Survive ten round. I lasted into the start of the fourth. I knew the fight was going to go south the moment they made their first attack: A native sneaked into a flanking position and scored a critical for 66 on one of my scouts. The only thing I'm thankful for is the fact that my last healthy doctor didn't acquire a wound in that fight, otherwise I would've been completely fucked.

zwanzig_zwoelf

IIRC Batman mod had cool music.
And I still think that Hideous Destructor > Brutal Doom.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Killing a party member, because it turns out she's not Spanish, but native? This game has some good choices!

C11609627E15D7CAD7CDF6280124A586771DB74E

Roasted Spaniards

62B9E64F4EF0394438228F0A6C25F9AA094BCEEA

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Killing a party member, because it turns out she's not Spanish, but native? This game has some good choices!
Roasted Spaniards

62B9E64F4EF0394438228F0A6C25F9AA094BCEEA

Hideous Destructor
Damn, mods looks nasty!
Except it don't work for me, some error at the start. And I've tried installation instrucions in both manual and forum.
'k fixed - tried few version of ZDoom and one of them worked.

My experience with Doom mods - errors, , lot of time on fixing, playing for hour and abandoned...

Last edited:

zwanzig_zwoelf

How does it run, Koni? Any lag/framerate issues, just like in every game that uses Unity?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How does it run, Koni? Any lag/framerate issues, just like in every game that uses Unity?
I'm playing on an integrated GPU (Intel HD 4000) in a laptop and it runs flawlessly and smoothly on maximum settings in 1366x768.

That said, I disabled AA, Bloom and some other crap, because with them the game looks like blurry shiny shit, without them it's beautiful.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Proudly posing in front of my ride, about to leave the mansion (seen north, two pools and a library!) for good.
nTRkjf1.jpg

This was my project to pass the long winter days. Comes fully equipped for all your crafting, sleeping, eating, drinking and lighting needs. Needs more armor though.
fwepqEb.jpg

Char sheet. Yes, I am cheating with "forgetful" since skill rust is disabled in game options.
dgMfcJl.jpg

My outfit. Got lucky with a rapier found in this very mansion.
cMNST7x.jpg

Current map. There were fungaloids near the spawn point so I hightailed it in a hurry, hoping to find a shelter near some woods and finding three mansions in close proximity instead.
b0HgN6H.jpg

Divinity: Original Sin
Strider (2014)
WTF bro, there is a new Strider ?! What platform ? Is it playable, or are the controls fucked ?

PC version on Steam... you can control with keyboard only or a gamepad. I wasn't able to customise controls, but it uses the arrow keys and "A-S-D" but it's ok, I had no problems using the default key bindings. It's a metroidvania game... with a lot of backtracking to open doors you couldn't open without the necessary items.

Malpercio

Arcane
csZWRs9.jpg

TTZHwqM.jpg

nn6lTTC.jpg

So... what's wrong with this game? Read a lot of negative comments here when I finished TLJ.

So far it hasn't been that bad. Yes, the puzzles are mostly "just there" and far less complex than TLJ, most of the "good" characters are the one returning from TLJ and Zoe sections are largely hit-or-miss, the combat is baaaaad.... maybe I speak as an adventure-game noob, but it has been a decent experience so far.

KEODXHx.jpg

Yeah ok, this sucked.

Psquit

Arcane
MrJ6UcH.jpg

So far so good.

tKXTwzR.jpg

My weapon summons the spirit of a demon and my ring makes a huge doge that does more damage and have more health than the 3 dogs combined (It replace the 3 dogs into a huge one)
:kwafuckyeah:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Some derpy shit from Trials Fusion beta

Some derping in the clouds
VNS4HqR.jpg

This is a nice level, can actually get hit by the windmill below me.
Vk62tIs.jpg

Glitch with the bikes tire stuck in the snow.
P6xMxRl.jpg

Another glitch, merged with the bike.
akEAxyS.jpg

Yes, I have more medals than possible, actually its the beta level limit. Sad.
YoT5XxL.jpg

Its a nice game overall but they go all jew on the levels, only easy ones available with limited replayability. No tricks either. :(

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
How can a game look so good and then so ugly in some of those screenshots. Avoid taking screenshots when his feet are showing, lol. Looks like he's floating and reveals those 1996 floor textures in screenhot nr 9.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's a real bummer they switched to a modern setting, IMO.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom