Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

TripJack

Hedonist
serene wildlife
D1497ECC2814313DA9F8C2421FCCD036C2BD73E0

humane justice
3D61F9320DBB068C024664AA599179D6FFCB3449

cutting-edge technology
B78F1E5939D329FD739478664B55B26A7CBA2AE4

pleasant weather
8AC185788A7B6DA4731C457D502B024FEBADDDBF

truly, ukraine is a paradise
E9DDBE3E5FF3C9BF4836897A46058EF31DEBA430

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
F2C5923A9473AEFC95BA2B348E3B57B91D72CB18

ED89DD2042D0BF0F37783C7087D589FA1BAFB853

9EDCB4E3F48C081EE92EE14FAB246C1DF4D1DEF5

CB31DE1524C1085C41B8CD535FA596E928EFE9EC

This game begins as a mediocre action game and slowly grows into something... more. It makes me remember (unlike copy-pasted and level scalled oblibian/gothic 3) how enjoyable it was in open world cRPGs put aside quests and shit and just wander around with no purpose whatsoever but just find new places and fight enemies that are levels above to find challenge and feel satisfaction. Moreover, it's probably the only third-person cRPG with working horse combat (apart from M&B series, but these games aren't cRPGs anyway).

Decided to play it stright away after Afterfall InSanity and got pleasantly surprised by both games. Seems like Poland can into games after all, Gorky 17 and Witchers weren't just exceptions.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember buying it for 3$ in a box, with all the patches. After fresh memory of rape Oblivion it was really nice sandbox RPG. I found it very addictive and discovered every place on the map, and made most of the quests. I hope that there will be a third part of the game.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember buying it for 3$ in a box, with all the patches. After fresh memory of rape Oblivion it was really nice sandbox RPG. I found it very addictive and discovered every place on the map, and made most of the quests. I hope that there will be a third part of the game.
Two Worlds 2 was way worse than this. It was also okay, but only the first island was open and it didn't have that much places of interest anyway. The rest of the game was unfortunately linear. It wasn't bad, but it definitely suffered a lot from the lack of travelling.

DraQ

Arcane
So after Durlag's Tower I just sort of lost the pace. When you've rolfstomped Aec'Letec's ass (that fight was pretty cool) the rest of the encounters feels like bad filler.
Well, they are bad filler.
BG is built out of it.
What really grinds my gears is the poor pathfinding, it's absolutely lethal in the tighter areas of the game. Especially firewine ruins was a total hell for me.
(...)
Another thing that's unbalanced is its content ratio. At the start of the game you have a vast amount of screens to clear often finding one or two quest in each. Nashkel and Bergeost are just fine. Then you enter Baldur's Gate and everyone and his dog has a quest for you to do and often they approach you with it.
(...)
Another annoyance is that neutral characters complain if you're good. Since Jaheira is paired with Khalid it's inevitable that one of them starts bitching, who thought this was a good idea?
The key to understanding BG1.

The reason I don't use ZDoom.
Watch them hands closely.

Turjan

Arcane
I usually have her strip naked and wrestle a bear. Khalid's grief is short.
The wonders of characters driven by their own motivations.
Well, she is all for balance and nature, at least that's what she says incessantly. How can you be more one with nature than getting rid of the trappings of civilization and then show your appreciation with a hearty hug with one of nature's finest creatures. The balance of nature is then restored when she gives back whatever she has taken. As you see, it's all strictly in character.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
My first grand space adventure!

qTJrRAM.jpg

Bought some Algea at Azlertnaban. Small ship, only have enough cargo space for 4 units, flying to Chango Dock to sell it.

nDbJMJB.jpg

Woosh, almost there.

HCaQiVm.jpg

No idea why I got pulled out of cruisething mode, but I did encounter two enemies, from which I fled.

a0EniUS.jpg

Requested docking permission, which they granted me, flew around for 2 minutes till I finally found the goddamn entrance to this cube.

SBxRABJ.jpg

44, that's my docking pad.

uiTQo4j.jpg

This should be easy with these parking sensors.

v2CbaxS.jpg

Almost.

i3PMsnU.jpg

Grrr.

yK059oe.jpg

Docked!

Ntfl5xZ.jpg

:rage:

WVKlTpW.jpg

Bye.
mjB32al.jpg

Woosh.

Enjoying it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
81366854.jpg

250px-RobotUnicornattak.jpg

Finished the game, had a blast. Played with this kewl mod: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/wizardry-8-enhancements.79581/
But Expert difficulty really turns party into monsters in the end. I remember actually having some challenge on normal with other parties at AP.
I want some cool funbuilding with multi classes. I wish Wiz6&7 didn't hurt my eyes so much so I could experience them in full, can't make myself play them for a long time, but leveling up there looks really nice, especially Wiz6 (that hurts my eyes the most sadly).
Hnrh, decline of shadenaut :killit:

I want Wizardry 9 ((

Last edited:

Seerix

Arbiter
Getting lost and finding shit in Miasmata:
<==>
Starts of simply enough with badly made but well made dead corpse.
tunXpnz.png

==>
Either my compass is fucked or there's something special going on here...
HOKFMvA.png

==>
Fancy! Also, I failed so hard at doing this I ended up on the other side of the island in some settlement with completely blank map in between those places. Go me.
SW9SHgg.png

==>
A motherlode! Of muchomores! :D
0d2079V.png

==>
And they're good for us!
mxR0vzu.png

==>
Too bad all of this chemistry tinkery is just for show and actually do nothing. There are various preset drugs and potions that you can make and that's it. You gather ingredients, you combine them and you get your toy. The end. A fancy ass system where you can measure proportions, temperature, have to separate components, extract shit all on your own would be so badass.
blM1wvl.png

RgIc59R.png

jGzMon1.png

==>
Plot thickens or is it just some bickering scribbles of dead and gone scientists?
Aa9yW2W.png

==>
I think me and Manny found swamp area, it's pretty eerie feeling when you know it's all murderous water hiding under this tall grass...
EN73GKc.png

==>
Those clouds in the distance are for real. Close examination easily shows some glitches and artifacts but for the purpose and intent of making actual real weather this game delivers.
EeacOK0.png

==>
Ladies, gentlemen and inbetweens! I present you the main adversary in Miasmata! The bodies of water! Our protagonist is so fucked in the body and soul that he can't swim for more than five seconds before he starts drowning. Perfect way of prolonging the gameplay, you can't just swim across the sea, gotta walk all over the shoreline. Also good for blocking off some of the story critical places I guess though I managed to YOLO trough those I've found. Like this one here, you can swim across, you just need to be perfect about it.
hvxT5ox.png

==>
This game is huge. Anything you see, you can most likely get there. There are no 2D backgrounds or any props as far as I know and seen for myself.
cCPLWj2.png

==>
Trippy god rays bug.
w6HsDYP.png

==>
Creepy owl totem statue thingie
pNJbcnB.png

==>
Dawww, cute little motherfucker, all 3D and animated and shit. Not like Skyrim where fuck this stuff is usually made form 2D sprites :lol:
zwmbRuN.png

==>
When you see it MEME
ZNooBRx.png

==>
That is one trippy motherfucking kitty.
ENX35VK.png

==>
A little bit too close
80orP7V.png

==>
When you're bumbling about a mysterious island with devil kitty out for your ass it's a good idea to always have some flowers on hand to make a presentable corpse.
tENzqkm.png

==>
Speaking of flowers, this is really FUUUUU-genic. That table of ingredients just makes me scream inside at all the tedium involved in procurement of it all. When I should be proud :(
MpfI28H.png

==>
This game looks exactly like the computer CGI graphics from the 90's. It's especially amazing for me because as a kid I've been dreaming about games having graphics equal to their cgi cutscenes ;D
NrERGsL.png

==>
ATMOSPHERICS!
AVixYeg.png

yLsvmvW.png

rzD0KlE.png

p1yOhM8.png

==>
I'd say it reminds me of Oblivion a bit but that would be extremely insulting to Miasmata.
up1cTYw.png

==>
My new wallpaper! :D
4UTV65m.png

==>
Two more trippy pictures of early morning
cTydIUA.png

0VnFaxS.png

==>
Y u no aqueduct when u look aqueduct?!
aiJmOFm.png

==>
AFAIK there is no real combat in this game so I dunno what weapons are for, you can only chase devil kitty away with fire and such but I may be wrong. Either way, I love hatchets <3
ZyDM6OR.png

==>
Fuck. This. I'm going back to bed! :(
RHBRi98.png

==>
Eventually, we stumble upon bigger ruins with cacti and fancy purple dildo cacti, we can even harvest the latter.
MglMKuD.png

CAGXM3K.png

==>
And we can use it to make red pills! Not surprised.
z0hDyfs.png

==>
That can made me wish for a game like Miasmata but set in desolate postapo setting. That would be so sweet.
pLFE2gI.png

==>
Shallow water with clearly visible bottom and faint reflection, so beautiful... a fucking miracle.
DrLbXjm.png

==>
Wait a second, I just realized something... I find all those ruins really suspicious for some reason... Also, HDR in this game is awful and there is no easy way to turn it off.
elpKSYk.png

==>
I really wish this was a plazmid...
h2HL0Ph.png

==>
Ah ha! Wicked magicks are afoot! Looks like a dollkind job though with murder in place of KISSes. Also, devil kitty symbol?
bqzww4n.png

==>
Is that a frog..? Or a fucking cult of DAGON!? I obviously failed to grab a screen of much more meaningful ruins showing very large staircase, leading straight into the ocean... I think I'll be GTFOing now.
doxXBmm.png

==>
Our destination is this fancy piece of ruination.
9pv6RhM.png

==>
From it I am staring directly at a small island shown at the upper left corner of the map. I got a lead that I can find there a functioning boat, submarine, space ship or a flying fucking unicorn that will get me the hell out of this island. I already attempted a swim and have drown halfway trough even with my improved strength thanks to plazmid injection shown above.
ViYU5cy.png

==>
Luckily though, I got Herculean Tonic now! It wasn't hard to make even, I just bumbled right into making it, just like everything else I did. I have this one screen of one of its components with a little bit of info.
XSCKCHL.png

==>
Oh and by the way, this is our Personal Analog Assistant with all the portables, datas, notes and quests we'll ever need.
IG1kx1Z.png

==>
Let's kick this wicked elixir and swim like a motherfucker chased by Dagon itself. Oh god no fuck no stfu
558HDHG.png

==>
Going good, I can see the greens of their leeeeavesssss..!
6ATkBoQ.png

==>
Oh fuck no!
IWwXyCr.png

==>
FFFFFFUUUUUUU-
ViHNH5A.png

MUV5fXi.png

==>
-CK
A4eXuqf.png

*sigh* So, apparently this largely unscripted game has a nasty narrative script that ensures I will drown regardless of my ability if I try to swim to end game island. Well, fuck you too.

THE END From fpp indie games I also have this Betrayer thingie, maybe I sneakily flood this thread with screengrabs from that one, too. Sexbad did cool review of it, btw. Worth checking out I think.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Isn't it real time? I cannot into real time. And I remember it crashing for me back in the days almost after leaving the village
Will it run on Win7?

It's both RTwP and turn based. Depend of what you choose in settings. I played it on Vista after some patchin, especialy ww11beta.exe

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Seerix, you need to cure yourself of the plague before you can swim to the island. There is still much landmass for you to uncover. :smug:

I consider Miasmata a very pretty game. Assets are pretty low quality, but lighting is among the best I've seen, looks really natural. The game also manages to turn walking around into a fairly sophisticated gameplay mechanic, which is quite an accomplishment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom