Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

toughasnails

Actually it's not related to OL (no content from old builds), it's one of those modpacks that contains better arsenal, graphics and fixes. Enemies are no longer resistant to bullets, spread while firing burst is not as bad as vanilla game. There are various modpacks like that for Shadow of Chernobyl and it's one of the better ones. Certainly better than Complete garbage. While colors are toned down but it's not Misery/Anomaly-tier where you have various shades of brown&grey.

Sounds good. I share the sentiment about the color palette. I liked Autumn Aurora 2 when it came out, what I don't like is how many mods straight up recycle its textures or go even further with that aesthetic, p much AA with progressively less color. It's like many in Stalker community think that atmosphere equals making everything grey...

A couple of my screenshots from Vector of Alienation

20220222182701_1ihj1m.jpg

20220222183416_1wskbp.jpg

20220222183451_1clj53.jpg

Marked one's, I mean "Messer's", autism has many perks, including the access to superb diplomatic skills:

20220222184349_18qkei.jpg

JDR13

Arcane
Memories of the Zone
old Stalker have some unique features, one of them let you recycle gopniks into artifacts
I take it this is another one of those Oblivion Lost recreation or remake mods? How does it compare to other attempts?
Actually it's not related to OL (no content from old builds), it's one of those modpacks that contains better arsenal, graphics and fixes. Enemies are no longer resistant to bullets, spread while firing burst is not as bad as vanilla game. There are various modpacks like that for Shadow of Chernobyl and it's one of the better ones. Certainly better than Complete garbage. While colors are toned down but it's not Misery/Anomaly-tier where you have various shades of brown&grey.

So it's basically vanilla but prettier and without bullet sponges right? Would you recommend it for a first playthrough?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So it's basically vanilla but prettier and without bullet sponges right? Would you recommend it for a first playthrough?
I would say yes. Certainly better than Complete for example, which often gets recommended for new folks.

Riskbreaker

Memories of the Zone
old Stalker have some unique features, one of them let you recycle gopniks into artifacts
I take it this is another one of those Oblivion Lost recreation or remake mods? How does it compare to other attempts?

I'd say yes. It's a pretty well-curated, up-to-date compilation, mainly of visual enhancements plus ZRP. Looks rather nice - I could swear I posted some screenies of it here at some point - and doesn't modify the storyline, plus everything specifically gameplay-affecting is optional.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
From the documentation to Conflux, a Dungeon Master mod, one can learn more about the noble Zed Duke of Banville.

onTL9Ru.jpg

Of course we all know that he's a dilettante, is a traveler on the seven seas, and is immensely knowledgable in everything D&D.
But that part about the Trumpet of Terror was news to me. Is it a literal Trumpet? Or is is a euphemism?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Fallout 2 - finally cleared Vault 15.
Teammates make shit worst, so the low CHA build is fine. I let Vic wait outside. Too many friendly fires with Big Guns.

unknown.png

Beggar

Cipher
Second run this month.

With my best buddy.
20220214133941-1.jpg

Managed to save all kids this time. On my third run will save kids and all the chicks :positive:

20220223095024-1.jpg

:evilcodex:

20220223200257-1.jpg

Town is wiped out. Only me and the kids. I can smell their freshly washed panties already:love:

Codex Year of the Donut
Screenshot I took in Trudograd after modding the camera angle to mirror the angles used when rendering Fallout assets
20220223204631-1.jpg
That looks a lot better. Is this a public mod?
I added it with a bunch of other things to a single mod while playing, I'll release it when I get around to polishing it up. e.g., right now all the graphics options expose raw input fields which are only meaningful to people who know what should be there, that is, people really familiar with Unity.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Decided to take some screenshots when testing my mod in wine to make sure it works on windows +M
20220225041202-1.jpg

20220225041916-1.jpg

20220225041925-1.jpg

20220225041944-1.jpg

20220225041957-1.jpg
This is very nice.
Now, is anyone able to explain the psychological or physical reason why this graphics projection is so much more pleasant to the eyes than the natural perspective?

toughasnails

toughasnails
what's the difference between VoA and Oblivion Lost... or any old builds-based projects?
Vector of Alienation is basically an add-on for OLR. Gameplay-wise it's mostly the same, with some changes like tighter economy (some ammo types in particular are very expensive now) but it's not really hard, actually it's downright easy compared to usual standards of Stalker modders. You are also limited to static lighting unlike in OLR which is a bit of a hipstery move but I guess the environments look more authentic that way. The writing is what was completely redone, the writing and missions is why I'd recommend this over OLR. It does go into 2edgy4u territory at times, but that more on the original OL ideas than on author of either this mod or OLR. It's overall weirder and darker than what we got in the released game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom