Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

grimer

Learned
mothman is my fav demon. kinda want to take him to the end as a challenge and grind for essences, sutra and grimoires to beef him up. i think there were also miracles that grant bonus stats upon fusion (e.g. flat bonuses or inheriting a portion from the components).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Vitality is a pretty good stat.
I raise Vitality and Strenght equally (currently 81 each at level 58). Yesterday I fought the Pale Rider, without preparation.
He butchered my companions pretty fast with Pestilence and his Ice aoe attack spam.

Only Nahobino was left, with Rider having over 3/4 health. And what do you know, he couldn't make decisive blows (Nulled Ice and Resisted Physical) and I have slowly worn him down solo, suffering from debuffs and statuses from his summoned Loas (eventually become impervious to their status spam). I was only careful to quickly remove poison effects, which could compound the damage too much. Could maybe do it faster with Omagotoki Critical, but I preferred to keep the regeneration from max gauge.
Funny thing is, he never used Pestilence against my solo Nahobino, kept trying with nulled Ice and regular attacks instead (plus sometimes Poison cloud).

Agrat first encounter I rolfstomped halfway trough first Omagotoki Dance round.
Granted I'm probably a bit overlevelled, as I used 4 Balms to get to level 55, summon Hecatonheires and then use a couple demon status to have him gift his Essence: for Rampage, Citical Zealot and Critical Aura - to boast some of the most damaging abilities in the game halfway trough 3rd area. Also have Vritra for Omagotoki:Dance & Pandemonic Feast and Red Rider for Terror Blade (250 power, 1-3 hits with Pierce and chance to Terrify - goes to 5 hits for 1250 with Dance and Feast).

spookyheart

Educated
Ibought this game on boxing day when the pandemic was still a thing ages ago and i finished it at the start of 2022 and as far as i can remember its just meh same shit different smt game if you ask me.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Despite bare bones story and worse yet, the carefree exploration without any attrition, the gaming loop is quite addictive.
The maze-like 3D environment is interesting to explore (perhaps the points of interest, like glory crystals and treasure cubes shouldn't be automapped - finding them on one's own would certainly feel more rewarding - like is the case with the minman). But still, even with their location marked, finding the right path to reach them is sometimes challenging.
Plus there's always an upgrade just a short playtime away. Either of Nahobin's skills, affinities or, most frequently, new demon recruitment and fuse options.

Things get quite crazy as the game progresses, with Nahobino becoming really godlike, with great stats and being able to attack and crit enemies even like 30 times in a round (with some sheningans).

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Also the game mechanics really open up in the last parts of the game, with a large collection of essences and abilities to customize your MA and demons with.
Its actually fascinating how many mechanics are included, with many of them valid oreven OP - and your freedom to pick and choose them.

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I managed to make my beeno block half the element table and resist everything else, i just almost never die anymore, and honestly with the magatsuhi skill that heal and resurrect everyone, including benched party, you almost cannot lose anymore.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I managed to make my beeno block half the element table and resist everything else, i just almost never die anymore, and honestly with the magatsuhi skill that heal and resurrect everyone, including benched party, you almost cannot lose anymore.
Yeah, Nahobeeno can get get pretty broken.

But later on you can fortify other demons via defensive skills a lot too. Like various Null elements, Enduring Soul, Endure, Great Life Spring, Abyssal Mask will make for a beefy demon, that's very hard to kill - and defeated, will rise again... twice. Admittedly that leaves little room for actual productive offensive/support/debuff/affliction skills, so some compromises are needed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom